Recent Topics

Ads

[DEVELOPER PREVIEW] Armor Set Redesigns

Talk about the development of the emulator and related services.
Check out new and upcoming features to be implemented onto the server.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
FippyDarkPaw

Re: [DEVELOPER PREVIEW] Armor Set Redesigns

Post#51 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:42 pm

Ads
Crak

Post#52 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:45 pm

I don't know if it is the right place to mention that but I would like to talk about Slayer and Choppa devastator stuff and more especially about set bonuses.

I feel like these 2 classes have a weaker devastatot set than other melee classes. Indeed, the 4th bonus is +5% Parry Strikethrough which is in my opinion weaker than +5% melee crit since squishy classes (so classes you need to focus as a slayer or choppa) in most of the cases have a very little chance to parry.
I would have thought that the current set modification would have change this bonus but no.

What do you think about this ? Would you think it would be fair to change the current bonus into +5% melee crit ?

Tiggo
Former Staff

Post#53 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:52 pm

Genisaurus wrote:
Tiggo wrote:wp current stalker armor sum is wrong.

and am im right: current stalker set is transformed to New Duelist? There is no new Stalker set?
Thanks for the heads-up. Also no, Stalker remains the same. The new Duelist set is separate. Stalker is only on the spreadsheet as a convenience, so people can see relative power or theorycraft mixing.
thx m8 and good work ;)

ps: looks like every stalker set armor sum is wrong? or am i missing something? should be same armor as devastator set sum shouldnt it?
Last edited by Tiggo on Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Martock - Tiggo - Antigonos - Mago - Hamilkar - Melquart
- Smooshie (Destro)

Bignusty

Post#54 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:55 pm

Tesq wrote:1 point in the case of stalker set, those sets pve side are not the coevalent of the rvr sets, the coevalent are the dungeons set, the coevalent of the devastator for exemple is the redeyes from gunband which for tanks have defensive stats and for dps defensive.(t1 set have no cevalent and the t2 set is in sacellum for destru and his coevalent for order)

Rvr sets were always offensive while pve defensive, this was also an incentive to do some pve and viceversa for each kind of player.

I do not know how this itiemization will behaviour with the dungeons sets but it could be really appreciate in the case of dps healers. I just hope that any set changes regarding end gear will be discuss.( sovreign and tyran).

edit: i do agree on the medalion vs emblem issue rvr sets should be gain through rvr not scenary.

Scenary motivation : weapons
rvr motivation : armors

for me it's alredy hard accept that you can "exploit" the kill quest throught sc instead o the 150 kills in sc.
Man RvR is crap there is no competitiv fight just warcamp to warcamp fight keep whitout or whit little defense to win a crap number of medalsor no medals.Medals are easier to get whit kill quest + scen.

rmpl

Post#55 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:55 pm

Should we expect new sets within weeks or months?

Tesq

Post#56 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:56 pm

Tesq wrote:Rvr sets were always offensive whiel pve defensive, this was also an incentive to do some pve and viceversa for each kind of player.
This isn't strictly true (Redeye MR set has STR, WS, and AA speed), though Redeye was a pretty good replacement for Devastator. In any case, when dungeons are implemented, the dungeon sets will also be coming back. This is just another option for players to mix and match.[/quote]

i was more concerned regard the chance that some kind of pve incentive rather than point out a bad design choice, i understand that ppl may want to obtain every type of set only from rvr but it would be nice have also some incentive for pve. Because for what i remember my chosen def sets were all from dungeons and all rvr sets where all hybrid or offensive.

Tesq

Post#57 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:58 pm

Bignusty wrote: Man RvR is crap there is no competitiv fight just warcamp to warcamp fight keep whitout or whit little defense to win a crap number of medalsor no medals.Medals are easier to get whit kill quest + scen.
guess why ? cuz all smart palyer got into sc cos is faster so also done those premade for competitive fights ....

Genisaurus
Former Staff

Post#58 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:11 pm

Crak wrote:I don't know if it is the right place to mention that but I would like to talk about Slayer and Choppa devastator stuff and more especially about set bonuses.

I feel like these 2 classes have a weaker devastatot set than other melee classes. Indeed, the 4th bonus is +5% Parry Strikethrough which is in my opinion weaker than +5% melee crit since squishy classes (so classes you need to focus as a slayer or choppa) in most of the cases have a very little chance to parry.
I would have thought that the current set modification would have change this bonus but no.

What do you think about this ? Would you think it would be fair to change the current bonus into +5% melee crit ?
Parry Strikethrough is generally stronger than Melee Crit, so long as your Parry Strikethrough is less than or equal to their parry chance (i.e., you are not wasting it) because a crit can be parried. There may be other factors, but let's look at a general case:

Let's say your regular attacks hit for, on average, 100 damage. You have a 10% crit rate, and your crits have the standard +50% damage. Your opponent has a 10% parry rate.

Base:
90% of your attacks will be normal, 10% will be crits. Your total average damage will be
(.9 * 100) + (.1 * 150) = 105 damage.

10% of your attacks will be parried, so your actual net average damage is
105 * .9 = 94.5 damage avg.

With +5% Crit:
85% of your attacks will be normal, 15% will be crits. Your total average damage will be
(.85 * 100) + (.15 * 150) = 107.5 damage.

10% of your attacks will be parried, so your actual net average damage is
107.5 * .9 = 96.75 damage avg.

With +5% Parry Strikethrough:
90% of your attacks will be normal, 10% will be crits. Your total average damage will be
(.9 * 100) + (.1 * 150) = 105 damage.

5% of your attacks will be parried, so your actual net average damage is
105 * .95 = 99.75 damage avg.

Unless I'm doing something wrong, parry strikethrough in this case results in more damage at the end of the day (though perhaps less burst, which is important for other reasons).
Tiggo wrote:ps: looks like every stalker set armor sum is wrong? or am i missing something? should be same armor as devastator set sum shouldnt it?
There is no Stalker helmet, which is why Stalker has lower total armor values.

Ads
Tiggo
Former Staff

Post#59 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:17 pm

Genisaurus wrote:
Crak wrote:
Tiggo wrote:ps: looks like every stalker set armor sum is wrong? or am i missing something? should be same armor as devastator set sum shouldnt it?
There is no Stalker helmet, which is why Stalker has lower total armor values.

omg thx to my guildies i now look stupid lol
- Martock - Tiggo - Antigonos - Mago - Hamilkar - Melquart
- Smooshie (Destro)

Nameless

Post#60 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:23 pm

just be carefull to not allow some proc from the sets to become the new meta as was with syphon vitality proc for aoe slayers that become godlike killing machines. Some procs are much better than other ones /lol on shiled proc.../
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz