Reshade - Graphics / Post-Processing Suite

Fan art? Some amazing artists in here.
RvR Videos? 6v6 fights? Show off your skills!
Looking to stream the game? We encourage it!
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Jaycub

Re: Reshade

Post#11 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:59 pm

Luth wrote:For me the UI must be easily readable so that no information is lost and while these overlays tend to create some nice screenshots, i find them on the other side not very valuable for PvP.
Reshade has a new "UI Mask" that you can create to disable the effect in certain areas. Also here is a before/after comparison of the UI and text, I don't think it really messes with it too much, in fact I think it looks better.

https://sfx.thelazy.net/games/screenshot/34586/full/
Sildur wrote: Someone else contacted me with modified reshade files that should disable the online check. It worked on WoW but wouldn't on Warhammer. I might still replace my old preset with a new one made with reshade, but having access to the depth buffer would help alot.
What effects will work or work better with that access? Also are you getting any non-postprocessing effects out of ENB to work on warhammer? Like some of the more advanced effects/lighting from say games like skyrim that have binaries written for them specifically?
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>

Ads
Arslan
Banned

Post#12 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:04 pm

So in short terms, in which ways is Reshade different that Sildur's upgrade? I use the later and I would like to know :D

Sildur

Post#13 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:15 pm

Jaycub wrote:What effects will work or work better with that access? Also are you getting any non-postprocessing effects out of ENB to work on warhammer? Like some of the more advanced effects/lighting from say games like skyrim that have binaries written for them specifically?
Well without having access to the depth buffer reshade wont do much more than the old sweetfx or my enhancement does.
All we can do is apply some simple post processing shaders like the sharpening filter or some AA by color detection. With access to the depth buffer we could make use of effects that require the depth of the scene, like Ambient occlusion, Depth of field, proper bloom, better AA etc. I could even port some of my GLSL shaders over to HLSL and inject them through reshade.

I'm able to use HBAO+ from nvidia inspector so it must at least have some sort of a depth buffer but I don't think that we can access it. The one in reshade isn't really well writen as the author focuses on bugfixes instead.
Arslan wrote:So in short terms, in which ways is Reshade different that Sildur's upgrade? I use the later and I would like to know :D
Without access to the depth buffer it's pretty much the same. So you should be just fine with my enhancement ;)
Last edited by Sildur on Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jaycub

Post#14 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:18 pm

Arslan wrote:So in short terms, in which ways is Reshade different that Sildur's upgrade? I use the later and I would like to know :D
I'd like to say Reshade could definitely be better if you take the time to learn how to use the program and create a preset that you yourself like. These types of mods are really in the eye of the beholder in terms of what is "good" and what isn't. The mediator UI in reshade is really awesome too.

But if you don't care too much or don't want to spend the time tinkering you can't beat what sildur has made in terms of ease of use, just drag and drop and you are done.

Jaycub

Post#15 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:58 pm

Thread on reddit still seems dead

this was posted: https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/com ... es/cxogwqj

tried using the 32 bit dll but couldnt get DoF working so I assume it is not working for this game or I am not understanding that particular post.

Jaycub

Re: Reshade - Graphics / Post-Processing Suite

Post#16 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:23 pm

Valnak

Post#17 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:21 am

What does reshade 2.0 do?
Tury06 wrote:I agree about premade doesnt require skill at all
This is 2016. Why do the devs allow the magus to continue to be overpowered?

Jaycub

Post#18 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:53 pm

Valnak wrote:What does reshade 2.0 do?
New assistant tool (mediator), more shaders, better/faster code, and not sure what else it's kinda quiet.

Ads
Jaycub

Post#19 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:53 am

If you are getting weird looking text in game you can solve that problem by just turning off SMAA, shouldn't have much of an effect if you are playing at 1080p or higher, you could also try tweaking the values to find what effects your text the least.

Jaycub

Post#20 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 12:33 am

http://reshade.me/forum/releases/1791-2-0

Edit: Don't think I will be using 2.0 for some time, not a huge fan of the new assistant and as far as I can tell there isn't really a reason to upgrade atm.