Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 25/12/2020

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
knick

Re: Patch Notes 25/12/2020

Post#91 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 1:04 am

Crumbs wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:54 am Nice, and msh have that pounce still at 65ft 👌👌 mmm
As far as there is no bug the msh pounce is now also at 45 ft as stated in patch notes?

The switch of pounce on skill tree doesn't look to bad to me in my few hours of testing it. Gives a new way to spend skill points.

Hope WL will see in the future also one or two abilitys from SH or witch like they benefit from pounce.
Knick WL RR85+
Knickli Mara RR80+

Ads
Glorian

Post#92 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 1:23 am

wonshot wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:02 pm
Spoiler:
Kragg wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:30 pm
Glorian wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 8:39 pm - The towers at the Ruins of Greystone Keep and Kinschels's Stronhold BOs are classed as illegal areas, meaning that you will get the overextension debuff if you stand on top of them.

Stupid me thought we were past the point where you kill a GM or his destro buddies in RvR and get nerfed afterwards.
The sniper is all about perching on top of a building or hill and punching holes through greenskins from a mile away with the help of a mighty fine rifle. It’s about the simple pleasure of watching a group of enemies descend into panic as you pick the hapless goons off one by one – the Bitterstone Thunderers with our sniper squads thrive off moments like these. But the last few months we get restriction after restriction, and every time because there is an unhappy GM.

Unfortunately, our spots are becoming less and less, as some GM's get annoyed and ensure that the spot is removed from the game. By a blockade, or now in this case a forbidden zone. You are supossed to make use of the terrain. One of the charms of the RvR lake is that it is an open zone, and if we climb on towers, hills, hide in bushes then that should be fine. Restriction after restriction on actually using the landscape or the infrastructure in the zone. That being said, we are still just as vunerable to ranged attacks as ever. Destro has the same range as we do. That it is troublesome for the meleeball should not be our problem.
I dont know the histroy of which places have been limmited by barriers in the past for you guys, but the way I read that line of patchnotes. It seem like the keyword is "Battle objective" if the snipersquad is up on a mountain hill on a supply route, a random stone in the orvr lake, or on a building that is not connected to an objective I wouldnt think there was an issue with it. But when you can get a hight advantage by climbing nearby terrein and then cover an orvr objective that is not supposed to have a built in terrein advantage, i guess it counts as "illegal areas"

For example if a BO has a crypt gate, a brewery door or teleport orb that means the entry point and narrow funnel choke is intented. But if you start becoming spiderman and climb a jumping puzzle to then cover a one way entry point that can be denied with punts and slows making a jump to reach you unable or in otherways give you a clear defensive advantage that was not obviously implimented, I can kinda see why restrictions are made.

Same as when people started blocking or climbing with the kegs from events.
As the Spot was reachable since 11 years on live I guess it was obviously intended by the old devs in their endless wisdom.

Btw. Here is the Video for getting a nerf the next day if you dare to kill a GM in RvR.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/849951139

Needless to say we where whiped 3 minutes later by the same Warband because PnP knows how to jump on the spot too.

Crumbs

Post#93 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 1:29 am

knick wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 1:04 am
Crumbs wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:54 am Nice, and msh have that pounce still at 65ft 👌👌 mmm
As far as there is no bug the msh pounce is now also at 45 ft as stated in patch notes?

The switch of pounce on skill tree doesn't look to bad to me in my few hours of testing it. Gives a new way to spend skill points.

Hope WL will see in the future also one or two abilitys from SH or witch like they benefit from pounce.
Tru that, my bad. Rest of it still stands but
Mekanik/Cqb [engi] 40/86
Zuu [AM] 40/83
[magus] 40/70

sonorous

Post#94 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 2:33 am

When u start altering and blocking terrain of the rvr lakes to nerf a roleplay guild you can confidently say that the decision making process is running at optimimum efficiency and accuracy.

And there is a twitch clip of the gm getting sniped btw on lestis stream. So lets not kid ourselves that this is for improving qol.

And Bombling to paraphrase your argument...

I understand it if there is a door that u can funnel...
But i dont understand if its in a place that is high up and a chore to get to.... is the two dimensional stream of thought that further pushes the dumbing down of rvr into blobs.

Pnp saw BT sniping them from tower. Pnp used words in discord to adapt a strategy. Pnp found a strategy. 3 minutes later pnp killed the stunties. Pnp was happy. BT was happy. Respect.

If we are going in the general direction of making terrain fair... then i second riozs suggestion of just having a completely flat map with two bos on either side. And convoluted rvr mechanics to keep ppl busy... rather than improving the layered gameplay around ur best resource which is the actual terrain.

My final point is there is quite literally dozens and dozens of terrain like the towers in every zone particularly the t4 ones, if a precedent is set to continue doing this to all BT sniper spots u gonna end up with an rvr lake with trainer wheels that has more walls than a fat kid has candies further hampening the qol of the game.

Are u gonna block off the entire caledor map from ppl jumping down from pve onto outcrops? What about all the chains at every chaos keep that u can slowly climb up? How about all the rooftops in praag? Thats not even scratching the service....

I feel this was a hasty descision made by particular outrage around a singular documented instance... but it is not the first. Bt experienced it in caledor, in praag and in reikwald.

Its a shame really cause ur best two best assets is decent pvp and cool terrain. No one is playing this game to run supplies.... that much i am certain.
Kolland & Irolland

Dackle

Post#95 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 2:42 am

Someone died in PVP and changes were made, now it is memorialized in video. Proper changes.

Kenshiken

Post#96 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 2:43 am

Just wanted to hop in game on holidays and play my main WL from a 1 month brake - but guess what? It's really nice as a new player to be *that word* in the ass for 6 months straight as a WL player. What an experience.
First, removing damage from pounce (acceptable), now, messing with builds so much and nerfing range? It's was a fun, fluffy, and unique ability of both classes with good range that give that uniqueness, threatening range, that enemy player's need to play around.
IT IS (was) a defining ability of the both classes to people, that wanted to play it. Be aggressive, fragile front line, pick a fight, initiate, disrupt. At least it was WHY I picked a WL.
Now what? Guano* and giggles? What a joke.
Last edited by Kenshiken on Sat Dec 26, 2020 3:01 am, edited 2 times in total.

Ostabenny

Post#97 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 2:58 am

Dackle wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 2:42 am Someone died in PVP and changes were made, now it is memorialized in video. Proper changes.
They should never ever have interfered with the running of supplies. Perfectly cromulent reasons for change. /S

Sarcasm aside, we are talking about locations that have no greater campaign influence and have been open for years. Just because 12 people want to make use of them for two hours a week we are changing the map. How salty can you be? Are these changes discussed in greater context and still allowed to go through?

Feels like people are just checking in changes and they are just going out live with barely any discussion.

sonorous

Post#98 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 3:12 am

Troll country alone has 11 spots like that 3 of which are from pve. Im not sure what the plan here is tbh.

Both bo's u can fire from pve as well so tower access or not u gonna still have to go pve route to reach snipers. U can snipe also from the crypt bo from the pve entrance and u can snipe from the rocks overlooking the destro keep. Both towers in east bo u can snipe from. Both towers on west bo are also accessible. Most of the houses in the middle of the map are climamble and so are the two towers on either side of the central village. Not to mention the entire map is a valley so u can snipe from any cliff top overlooking the rvr area.

The rocks next to both keeps give u snipe location deep into the second floor. And the west keep iirc is also snipable from pve .

The entire east bo u can snipe from pve protected by 55+ on north side. Both walls on east bo are also climable

This is just TC btw what i can remember from the top of my head.
Kolland & Irolland

Ads
Dabbart

Post#99 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 3:26 am

It's almost like DPSing from outside of Detaunt range wasn't envisioned for the game, and a lot of terrain placements have become super wonky since it's inception... But the game has always had these hidey holes. Praag is filled with traps and ambush locations, the base 100ft dps range simply limited a lot of them. Also, one could pounce/pull from/to up high to a greater range on Live and early RoR days.

I get more annoyed in Forts when engi's/magus can range the Flag to limit caps from inner walls, or when a pack of engi's/magus just take outer-oil and functionally make defending inner walls impossible.

I wish the classes would be empowered and tweaked(IE give them a heal-debuff to start), and go back to a Detauntable range... But that's me.

Lastly, why even make the posts about killing the GM? If a player doing something the GM doesn't want kills a GM, the GM isn't taking action do to the death, it's the action the GM doesn't want that is being handled. Not the DB. If you have an offensive name, and the first time a GM even notices/see's it is on his Deathspam, they aren't punishing someone for killing them, that's simply the first time they really noticed X. But keep insulting the GM staff by accusing them of ultimate pettiness... I'm sure that'll work out well.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

adamska2

Post#100 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 3:35 am

Kenshiken wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 2:43 am Just wanted to hop in game on holidays and play my main WL from a 1 month brake - but guess what? It's really nice as a new player to be *that word* in the ass for 6 months straight as a WL player. What an experience.
First, removing damage from pounce (acceptable), now, messing with builds so much and nerfing range? It's was a fun, fluffy, and unique ability of both classes with good range that give that uniqueness, threatening range, that enemy player's need to play around.
IT IS (was) a defining ability of the both classes to people, that wanted to play it. Be aggressive, fragile front line, pick a fight, initiate, disrupt. At least it was WHY I picked a WL.
Now what? Guano* and giggles? What a joke.

YES I completly agree with you and this change is way to much painful
Azeyune