Recent Topics

Ads

[Zealot] General Zealot Topic

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Asherdoom

Re: [Zealot] General Zealot Topic

Post#51 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:57 pm

Hallo!!!

i recently started my Zealot Alt because i like the "Stay back and heal" archetype.

So far i was thinking about this build and renown something like this
the idea is to be a "hidden" strong support healer AOE. I miss something? My idea of stats are boost willpower, wounds and initiative.

Ads
Vaul

Post#52 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:30 pm

sullemunk wrote:Just a thought thou:
Shouldn't "warping the spirit" tactic make so that the armor aspect stack on players due to tactic stack rule?
(ie tactic and morales stack with ability buffs)

I was wondering abut this too. Guessing it's because it's a proc from a regular ability rather than a straight buff.
Deadlakes (Marauder)
Shoreditch (Zealot)
Vhannos (Chosen)

Lileldys

Post#53 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:40 pm

Asherdoom wrote:Hallo!!!

i recently started my Zealot Alt because i like the "Stay back and heal" archetype.

the idea is to be a "hidden" strong support healer AOE. I miss something? My idea of stats are boost willpower, wounds and initiative.
Hey, You can only have 1 Ritual active at one time. Its generally better to take one.
Also, switch Discipline for Blessing of Chaos.

As for renown, Resolve/Willpower scales poorly, so is not worth taking.(I'm talking healingwise)
Just don't even touch Expanded Capacity...250ap pool -> 260ap pool for 10pts is a joke. It's a better choice to take Resolute Defence over it.

Lileldys

Post#54 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:44 pm

Vaul wrote:
sullemunk wrote:Just a thought thou:
Shouldn't "warping the spirit" tactic make so that the armor aspect stack on players due to tactic stack rule?
(ie tactic and morales stack with ability buffs)

I was wondering abut this too. Guessing it's because it's a proc from a regular ability rather than a straight buff.
It stacks with RP armour tactic. Doesn't stack with armour potions. It was discussed a while back in this post https://github.com/WarEmu/WarBugs/issues/2537
edit: To sum up, wanted to make it (and was going to be) a viable tactic and make it stack with armour pots ect. But the last thing needed in this game is more armour stacking, so was removed.

roadkillrobin

Post#55 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:20 pm

There's ALOT of tactics that still doesn't stack with buffs....
I know for example that No Choppin Me doesn't stack with either Follow My Lead (It stacked on live) or Da Biggest proc.

Shadowgurke

Post#56 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:31 pm

as a rule of thumb, destro tactics tend to not stack, order tactics do :P

Fashri

Post#57 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:19 am

No matter how hidden you are, you will be hunted down by witch hunters or any other melee dps, and you will die instantly since with the build you have, you are more fragile than aerogel, you will spend most of your time dead and wasting other healers time with this setup.

As for the shields you would provide with the tactics, they are so minuscule that they are shattered as soon as they are applied, making them near useless.

And like someone said earlier, you can only have one ritual up at the time, so you should go with single one rather than several, and frankly, AoE healing on zealot is not as good as it is on DoK due to the speed it can cast it, it is acceptable to throw it around every once and while since it can apply some of your tactics buffs on multiple targets (like Blessing of Chaos), but just to build your zealot for it is less than optimal.

Take note, Zealot is, and should be surgical healer, focus on the massive single targets what you have in your arsenal, and you can't heal your group members if you can't survive, since we don't always have luxury of hiding behind things.

roadkillrobin

Post#58 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:35 am

Fashri wrote:

No matter how hidden you are, you will be hunted down by witch hunters or any other melee dps, and you will die instantly since with the build you have, you are more fragile than aerogel, you will spend most of your time dead and wasting other healers time with this setup.

As for the shields you would provide with the tactics, they are so minuscule that they are shattered as soon as they are applied, making them near useless.

And like someone said earlier, you can only have one ritual up at the time, so you should go with single one rather than several, and frankly, AoE healing on zealot is not as good as it is on DoK due to the speed it can cast it, it is acceptable to throw it around every once and while since it can apply some of your tactics buffs on multiple targets (like Blessing of Chaos), but just to build your zealot for it is less than optimal.

Take note, Zealot is, and should be surgical healer, focus on the massive single targets what you have in your arsenal, and you can't heal your group members if you can't survive, since we don't always have luxury of hiding behind things.
lol Zealot and RP are probobly the best group healers in the game. especially when combined with a WP/DoK
And the Aborbs are there to make up for the fact that they have long ass cast times,. They are also not that squishy if you spec right and use your abillties right.

Ads
Fashri

Post#59 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:52 am

roadkillrobin wrote: lol Zealot and RP are probobly the best group healers in the game. especially when combined with a WP/DoK
And the Aborbs are there to make up for the fact that they have long ass cast times,. They are also not that squishy if you spec right and use your abillties right.
Ah yes, anything can be amazing provided specific requirements are met, however based on the info we had from the one who was asking recommendations, we can't make assumptions that he has a premade group with the classes needed for best possible healing, therefore, single target build provides greater security and survivability for solo/roaming when group setups can be whatever.

roadkillrobin

Post#60 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:02 am

I dunno about that, i recoomend to stay ST heals until you get RB coz it's impssooble to maintain AP without especially on Zealot. Runies have it so much better on this front. They can full out Groupheal spam at lvl 21 due to masterrune. The reason why Zealots are so hard to kill is the Flashheals. But they should pretty much only be used when you need to move. Also Tzeentch Grip makes Flash of Choas so much better it's worth goin into that Mastery just to pick up that tactic.