Recent Topics

Ads

Why all the PvE hate?

Let's talk about... everything else
Buzznutz

Re: Why all the PvE hate?

Post#41 » Wed May 20, 2015 5:45 pm

I'm in the camp of get PvP working, then get PvE ironed out.

I really liked the PQs in retail. Everybody can jump in, you get influence rewards, and come out with some decent gear. My 2 cents worth: Focus on PvP, then feature PQs and some of the more popular dungeons as the PvE alternative. No need to recreate EVERY quest in the game. I think that would shave a good bit of work for the devs.
The other stuff: I LOVE Tome unlocks and hidden scrolls. Part of the fun I had was discovering stuff. Sometimes it's fun to just explore, and the world is rich with stuff to discover.

So in a nutshell:
1) Focus on balancing and de-bugging PvP
2) Work on the more popular PvE content like PQs and more dungeons.

Suggestion: Start a poll on which PvE content players would like to see most in the game. ALso, see if PvP gear can drop during some of the PQs.

Ads
Ototo

Post#42 » Wed May 20, 2015 6:03 pm

Buzznutz wrote:(...)
So in a nutshell:

Suggestion: Start a poll on which PvE content players would like to see most in the game. ALso, see if PvP gear can drop during some of the PQs.
THIS is a wise proposal. Just getting up one PvE content relatively easy to recreate as dungeons would most than likely satisfy all PvE/PvP-mixed players, of which im one. I dont think that anyone really except loot, at least i dont, its just for the fun of doing something different.

I still prefer to get the PvP content above it in the table, but dungeons were the classrooms whr all us learned to play as a team, and would take back a good flavour from old times.

N'Kari was the absolute goal of any PvE player, LV was a GREAT dungeon. Instead i never completely liked ToVL. The PQ dinamic inside was a mix i never liked nor completely understood. Even the PQ when u completed it was sorta annoying, cuase wasnt designed for a party able to kill the VL but for a warband, but the boss itself was fun, Colossus.
Spoiler:

labotimy

Post#43 » Wed May 20, 2015 6:26 pm

Warhammer online, the only MMO with actual RvR. Some people on this thread mentioned GW2, that game is terrible, and does true RvR a disservice. It involves 3 factions zerging each other, pretty much zero group play, synchronized dodging is the meta, can't think off hand of anything else that makes that game awful, oh yea!!!!! Zero progression in PvP!!!! I had to grind out dungeon gear through a token system, took dozens of runs, and the PvE wasn't any better. More synchronized dodging or instant death!

Real PvP/RvR doesn't happen without group mechanics, GW2 and other fail PvP mmo's neglect this in ways Warhammer didn't. You don't miss the trifecta's functionality in PvP till its gone.

Gorwe

Post#44 » Wed May 20, 2015 8:32 pm

Buzznutz wrote:I'm in the camp of get PvP working, then get PvE ironed out.

I really liked the PQs in retail. Everybody can jump in, you get influence rewards, and come out with some decent gear. My 2 cents worth: Focus on PvP, then feature PQs and some of the more popular dungeons as the PvE alternative. No need to recreate EVERY quest in the game. I think that would shave a good bit of work for the devs.
The other stuff: I LOVE Tome unlocks and hidden scrolls. Part of the fun I had was discovering stuff. Sometimes it's fun to just explore, and the world is rich with stuff to discover.

So in a nutshell:

This is what I was saying in a more zealous way.

All I want from PvE are Epic quests and everything relating to classes, story etc. There is NO NEED to recreate every kill 10 orcs quest. But story progression through the zones is a must. Dungeons would be great as would PQs.

But ofc! RvR first!

Tiggo
Former Staff

Post#45 » Wed May 20, 2015 10:46 pm

ok we talk in 5 years again ;)
- Martock - Tiggo - Antigonos - Mago - Hamilkar - Melquart
- Smooshie (Destro)

Fey

Post#46 » Thu May 21, 2015 3:20 am

This here RoR is not where you go for compelling pvp right now. Certainly there is a balanced and fun scen every now and again, but I'd say its in the range of one out of five scenarios. I have zero friends who play so orvr is not really something I do. Recognize that fun pvp can happen in a WAR-based setting, but right now that ain't it, despite the valiant efforts of the devs which should be fellated at every turn.

I can log on to LoL and reliably get a game within 30 seconds that's balanced according to player skill and perfectly balanced according to number. Everyone knows that, except if you aren't playing LoL, in which case what's your problem?

I see post after thread about the lack of gear bullshit, and then a line a mile long about, "throw pve to the Skavens lets focus on pvp in TIER 1", ffs. Still its nice I have to read something at work on the terlit, Tesq is a godsend.
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan

Marley

Post#47 » Thu May 21, 2015 6:53 am

1. RvR / PvP / SC
2. LoTD
3. PQ's
4. Dungeons

Should be pretty sensible. Nice to have ToVL gear for bragging rights if it does not benefit your class (otherwise the jewelry should be nice). LoTD was awesome in many aspects imo and i hope that is implemented somewhere along the line.

As to original subject, most people have been grinding for some time and they are probably not enjoying it. I'm going to flush all my bloody items somewhere along the line so people can get them if they want. If we turn it around, how fun would it be for everyone if everyone got top-gear in a few weeks ? No, keep it hardcore I kind of like this type of grind just because it gives the more rewarding feeling when getting items, pretty much like when tears fell down my face when i equiped my Sov gear for the first time or when i got my first Epic Raid item in WoW (Waiting on Warhammer) :)

khandman

Post#48 » Thu May 21, 2015 6:58 am

Just bare in mind that just about the majority of the equipable gear on the server has come from PvE content, not PvP ;)

Edit: Good quality gear...
8-) Radiation, Bright Wizard. Desverger, War Priest. Kiurcher, KotBS
:D Warforge, Engineer. Anvilcrack, Rune Priest.
;) Valoriel, Shadow Warrior. Felwithe, Sword Master. Ravenscroft, White Lion.

Ads
frenchfrank

Post#49 » Tue May 26, 2015 11:29 pm

This thread has been informative and I've now uninstalled WAR since I know this game is never going to go in the direction I hoped it would. Devs, gj for your hardwork and I wish you all the best, but WAR without the pve is not interesting to me or my friends I was hoping to bring into the game.

WAR isnt pure RVR however much some people might wish it. Why even bother with the mmo aspect if you all you want is just Warhammer Online Wrath of Heroes? Back when I played I spend 50-50 of my time split equally between RvR and PvE because the PvE can be fun, exploring the Warhammer World, following the storyline and quests was fun, however much some of the dev team might believe otherwise. War with just the RvR is half the game it was and just RvR all the time is friggin boring, I'd have liked to go on quests and even do some pqs (they were quite cool, dunno why some people hate them tbh).

I've been acting as a scout for my friends and they have been asking me, when is the pve coming? These guys never played WAR before, they need and expect to have quest lines and stories to ease them before they dive into the rvr, especially as a few of them come from WoW and are warhammer novices, they know little of the world and right now the game is catering pretty exclusively to old hand pvp die hards and little else.

As it stands without quests and having just a dull lifeless world outside the RvR areas means I've been telling my friends not to bother yet, they simply wouldn't have fun with the game now and without being eased into RvR they won't have any fun. It seems I can tell them to forgot about WAR full stop, doesn't matter how good you get the RvR working again, without the PvE this game is just too much of a 1 trick pony.

Best of luck with everything!

Coryphaus

Post#50 » Tue May 26, 2015 11:50 pm

while it is unfortunate that you choose to leave do realize what while is not purely pvp it was the core of the game hence why the devs are trying to get many of the components of pvp working, abilities, rvr point system, keep siege system loot rolling etc

the devs have their priorities and goals and thats just how it is