Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 09/12/2023

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
shoelessHN

Re: Patch Notes 09/12/2023

Post#31 » Sat Dec 09, 2023 8:19 pm

Lol pve mobs do 3-4x the damage they used to, this is going to drive any new player away pretty quickly that doesn't realize they should avoid pve.

Lvl15 shadow warrior mob used 9s broadhead arrow, takedown, eagle eye, throat shot, and acid arrow. All abilities hitting for 4-6x what their auto attack (the old damage) used to hit for.

Ads
Zxul

Post#32 » Sat Dec 09, 2023 8:44 pm

Minor bug- summoning magus discus now uses graphical and sound animation of summoning chaos horse for some reason.
Last edited by Zxul on Sat Dec 09, 2023 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Rydiak

Post#33 » Sat Dec 09, 2023 8:44 pm

Specialpatrol wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 7:56 pm Warrior Priest:

- Soulfire - Now costs 35 Righteous Fury instead of 35 Action Points.

- Judgement - Now costs 15 Righteous Fury, snare effect removed.

-------------

Can you please provide some arguments for these changes to Wrath WP?

There's no reason whatsoever to have these abilities costing career resources instead of AP. It's a random and unneeded nerf to a class playstyle that didn't have much going for it to begin with. Silly changes are just that. Silly.

These abilities cost AP on live - and was a much needed way to build career resources. Please revert them to this.
Wrath is always AP starved, not RF starved. This essentially is a buff to Wrath by allowing the RF pool to be used to deal damage with.
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!

Topdude

Post#34 » Sat Dec 09, 2023 8:56 pm

Engi ability damage reduction. Magus ability damage increase.
All engi abilities that had knockdown don't seem to be working (yes, I posted on bugtracker)
Phospherous shells now breaks if hit
AOE build reduced to 4 attacks possible while moving
various other bugs and issues.

I remember when the ability rework as first announced the claim was made that the dev's intentions were to make engi "more mobile", a justification for removing all the turret effects.
It hasn't.

I know it's stated as just the implementation of the new ability system but then the patch notes indicate "balance changes" to all classes.
Afraid I'll watch the forums for further patches that HOPEFULLY will make my main enjoyable again.
Till then - See 'ya

Xiruccio

Post#35 » Sat Dec 09, 2023 9:04 pm

Rydiak wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 8:44 pm

-------------

There's no reason whatsoever to have these abilities costing career resources instead of AP. It's a random and unneeded nerf to a class playstyle that didn't have much going for it to begin with. Silly changes are just that. Silly.

These abilities cost AP on live - and was a much needed way to build career resources. Please revert them to this.
Wrath is always AP starved, not RF starved. This essentially is a buff to Wrath by allowing the RF pool to be used to deal damage with.
That's not true, dps WP dies when is RF starved or he is incapacitated to use RF skills in order to heal himself, but you constantly dodge the main point, which is the snare.
So, in the same context, you will get starved of HP faster than you will be able to catch any kiter, or any WE that tries to re-stealth, take distance in order to reset. <---it was already a struggle, reason why people are puzzled at the logic behind the snare change.

syntillate

Post#36 » Sat Dec 09, 2023 11:02 pm

Xiruccio wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 9:04 pm

-------------

That's not true, dps WP dies when is RF starved or he is incapacitated to use RF skills in order to heal himself, but you constantly dodge the main point, which is the snare.
So, in the same context, you will get starved of HP faster than you will be able to catch any kiter, or any WE that tries to re-stealth, take distance in order to reset. <---it was already a struggle, reason why people are puzzled at the logic behind the snare change.
Have to agree with all of this.

If judgement were a snare and AP It'd be a big bonus. I'm happy enough just getting the snare back though.

TrainInVain

Post#37 » Sat Dec 09, 2023 11:24 pm

I saw a Uuuuuge performance increase after patch. I've played over year and a half and for the first time I'm now playing in real time. I actually clicked on boxes first, wasn't waiting while my character was at a door but kept getting you must be closer messages.
Handled some large fights much better than before.

Panel

Post#38 » Sat Dec 09, 2023 11:55 pm

New AM tactic gives a 15% less chance for path of asuryan abilities to be disrupted. The existing tactic discerning offense gives 10% to all abilities. WL/SOV give another 6% and genesis another 3%. Will these all stack giving the AM a 34% reduced chance to be disrupted ( plus whatever contribution from int). If so this will put most destro into the low single digits or negative chance to disrupt AMs. A little bit OP for my taste.

Ads
Scottx125

Post#39 » Sun Dec 10, 2023 12:21 am

-------------

A tiny buff to a massive problem of a spec..
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

Delirio

Post#40 » Sun Dec 10, 2023 12:29 am

guys cone of fire reduced for a sorc with a range skill 100ft maximun is a kill, become a useless char ...
Cosmine / sorc

Wanka / mara

Scalvo / wpriest