Recent Topics

Ads

Faction Imbalance

Let's talk about... everything else
CyunUnderis

Re: Faction Imbalance

Post#31 » Fri Jun 16, 2023 7:08 am

rejndjer wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 6:53 am let's just not talk about anything. delete this forum. why do we even need it? i started playing this game in jan 2022 (i was playing live). it was pretty dead back then, but now it's super-ultra-dead and there's stats that show that. a bunch of people have said why is this is so in a bunch of different topics. devs/gms then only come to point out the most stupid of these and take higher ground to defend their bad changes.
Keep your sarcasm for yourself. You are quite famous on the forum with your useless and salty posts, so leave the discussions for others.

There is no reason to talk about the fact that someone got banned during a city because :
- this is not the topic and this is not linked at all about faction imbalance
- there is a toxic passive between both leaders and that's more what caused the ban

Ads
rejndjer
Suspended

Post#32 » Fri Jun 16, 2023 8:14 am

if you ban a leader of people that plays only one side, i'd say that that would affect "faction balance".

what is a "toxic passive"? some kind of skill, or...?

Everdin

Post#33 » Fri Jun 16, 2023 9:18 am

in order to balance the game, leaders should be imune to bans, no matter what they do!
#AllClassesMatter

“A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else.”

― John Burroughs

Scottx125

Post#34 » Fri Jun 16, 2023 11:31 am

Spoiler:
CyunUnderis wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 5:55 am
Scottx125 wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 3:13 am The problem with city sieges is that it's always against some super strong pre-made that nobody has a chance of winning against. And with what recently happened, naming no names. When a group left because they were guaranteed to get farmed. The leader was banned from the game.
You know very well that it is more complicated than that and there is a passive between both leaders/guilds involved. So why talk about it ? What is the point ? Just don't or players will really think they will get ban because they will leave a city/SC..
All I can say is that's what I've heard from reliable sources close to the event. And it is relevant because it directly affects the faction balance in PVP content. And if it was about mutual behaviour, why weren't both leaders banned? Safe to say the series of events around that are highly suspect and shouldn't have happened. Regardless I'll leave it at that. My point being is because of that event, I know guilds who are now no longer interested in even attempting to participate in cities, many were all ready on the fence about joining when facing a super tuned pre-made. It's made a bad situation of trying to get people to participate in cities even worse.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

Gegga

Post#35 » Fri Jun 16, 2023 12:09 pm

Everdin wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 9:18 am in order to balance the game, leaders should be imune to bans, no matter what they do!
yeah, Evilspinnre should be immune to bans, i agree
Samson Biceps, famous egg.
Not toxic.

Ninjagon

Post#36 » Fri Jun 16, 2023 12:55 pm

Sinisterror wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 5:52 am There needs to be Unique Rewards in Blue/Purple bags some Bop Some Boe and Set items back to Gold bags. Apply this to Forts and Keeps as well. And no way to buy those unique items only obtainable in Fort/City Bags.
Agree.
Ninjab - The White Lion. RETRIBUTION guild.
Also: Velmires - WP, Carnow - KotbS, Ninjagon - BW, Nynja - SW, Stin - WH, and others.
Spoiler:

Garamore

Post#37 » Fri Jun 16, 2023 2:03 pm

Everdin wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 9:18 am in order to balance the game, leaders should be imune to bans, no matter what they do!
At some point you have to draw a line
Garamore - Chosen Garamar - Marauder Garachop - Choppa Garamor - Slayer

Warband leader for Hand of Blood

https://www.twitch.tv/therealgaramore

Everdin

Post#38 » Fri Jun 16, 2023 3:29 pm

Garamore wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 2:03 pm
At the same point for everyone
#AllClassesMatter

“A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else.”

― John Burroughs

Ads
Gegga

Post#39 » Fri Jun 16, 2023 4:18 pm

Everdin wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 3:29 pm
except for guild leaders.
Samson Biceps, famous egg.
Not toxic.

Nickalispicalis

Post#40 » Fri Jun 16, 2023 5:02 pm

Gegga wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 4:18 pm
Everdin wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 3:29 pm

except for guild leaders.
People always resist change. As a general rule in life, the older you get, the more resistant to change you become.

I would hazard a guess that the majority of the players on this server are male and in the 50 age range. They played the Age of Reckoning, they play the tabletops, paint the models, go to the conventions... They are not interested in any change to game mechanics whatsoever, even though this server has already diverged significantly from what the original was.

Thus any suggestions to make the game better are immediately shot down, reflexively, without any consideration.

In its present state it seems that city sieges will go the way of ranked PVP. A non-event. Of course there is nothing to stop a determined guild to fill the ranks of the opposing side with set ups. You can create whole guilds that are nothing more than target dummies if you wish. It is not difficult to do.