Recent Topics

Ads

Why all the PvE hate?

Let's talk about... everything else
Luth

Re: Why all the PvE hate?

Post#31 » Wed May 20, 2015 2:52 pm

GW2 is also mindless zerging par excellence.
In WAR stats and group play do actually mean something. With some coordination you can excel over a bigger number of players.
In WAR you play with your guildmates/groupmembers, in GW2 you play besides your guildmates/groupmembers.

Ads
Gorwe

Post#32 » Wed May 20, 2015 3:58 pm

Blah blah blah.

I am not even talking about RoR. I am talking(and you are wilfully not hearing) THAT THERE ISN'T ANY WARHAMMER FANTASY (MMO)RPG OUT THERE! PvE or PvP!

But please do continue! You bunch killed WAR. YOU! YOU!!! Not Hickman or anyone else. Because you are content with ONE MODE(I never said anything against RvR or PvP) with ULTRA HARDCORE players. That works in a multiplayer game, but not in something as expensive as an MMO. How is an MMO supposed to survive with ~2,5k players? or 20k for that matter? Hm? HM???

All of you are just thickheaded apes that ruined a game and are on the way of ruining it again. Good riddance! May you stay here so as to not infect any more good games!

Tiggo
Former Staff

Post#33 » Wed May 20, 2015 3:59 pm

Sparing to much ressources on the always unlimited demanding and consuming content pve crowd killed warhammer. IMHO.
- Martock - Tiggo - Antigonos - Mago - Hamilkar - Melquart
- Smooshie (Destro)

Luth

Post#34 » Wed May 20, 2015 4:29 pm

Gorwe wrote:
Spoiler:
Blah blah blah.

I am not even talking about RoR. I am talking(and you are wilfully not hearing) THAT THERE ISN'T ANY WARHAMMER FANTASY (MMO)RPG OUT THERE! PvE or PvP!

But please do continue! You bunch killed WAR. YOU! YOU!!! Not Hickman or anyone else. Because you are content with ONE MODE(I never said anything against RvR or PvP) with ULTRA HARDCORE players. That works in a multiplayer game, but not in something as expensive as an MMO. How is an MMO supposed to survive with ~2,5k players? or 20k for that matter? Hm? HM???

All of you are just thickheaded apes that ruined a game and are on the way of ruining it again. Good riddance! May you stay here so as to not infect any more good games!
You need to calm down a little. I don't know, where you see all these enemies around you.
I think that all kinds of players will have a place in RoR.

I just wrote, that GW2 is a zerg MMO. Every new content is mostly done best by zerging it (RvR+PvE).
The only difference is their builtin MOBA called "structured PvP", but even in this content you can't play as a group, as most times you have to split the players up to win the fight.
The whole gameplay of GW2 is totally different, a modern jump&run with a handful of abilities, while WAR is an old school MMO. There is almost no room for customizing in GW2, as stats don't make a noticable difference and even the abilities are not moveable on the bar.

Doing PvP/RvR content first is just the logic way, as most players play RoR for PvP and it "just" needs some basic mechanics to function (the players are mostly the content).
I think sooner or later all PvE content will be patched in as well, but as already stated this requires a lot of scripting and time.

Kaporan

Post#35 » Wed May 20, 2015 4:41 pm

I don't know why ppl hate PvE ,but I know PvE grinding is a very relaxing thing to do after PvP shooting through wals,breaking WE's stealth ,throwing Choppas and Chosens away to the outskirts of the Galaxy with M1 , overall kicking ass with my unbelievable OP engi , and ,most important I can offer free gear to others to do the same :D
But... that works for me ,I dont speak in others behalf .
Yorim-Sigurt-Yorik-Yorimlaraen
Bitterstone Thunderers Regiment

Azarael

Post#36 » Wed May 20, 2015 4:53 pm

Tiggo wrote:Sparing to much ressources on the always unlimited demanding and consuming content pve crowd killed warhammer. IMHO.
This is actually true, and this fact needs to be faced.

In PvP, the players ARE the content, therefore if an acceptable standard of depth exists in the gameplay, the game can last a very long time. MMOs unfortunately tend to fail this by design when compared with eSport games, but I'm not going to get into that now.

In PvE, the experience is the content, and unfortunately, that experience is the same every time around (even more so in Warhammer.)

There is only one company out there capable of expending massive resources to keep its PvE engine going, and still players can burn through it. This is why MMOs have such a high failure rate. The very concept of PvE is something we can't sustain yet.

Gorwe

Post#37 » Wed May 20, 2015 5:01 pm

Azarael wrote:
Tiggo wrote:Sparing to much ressources on the always unlimited demanding and consuming content pve crowd killed warhammer. IMHO.
This is actually true, and this fact needs to be faced.

In PvP, the players ARE the content, therefore if an acceptable standard of depth exists in the gameplay, the game can last a very long time. MMOs unfortunately tend to fail this by design when compared with eSport games, but I'm not going to get into that now.

In PvE, the experience is the content, and unfortunately, that experience is the same every time around (even more so in Warhammer.)

There is only one company out there capable of expending massive resources to keep its PvE engine going, and still players can burn through it. This is why MMOs have such a high failure rate. The very concept of PvE is something we can't sustain yet.
It needs to be faced that the MMORPG experiment failed and failed epically. No matter how you turn it, someone will not be satisfied, someone will lose, the content will be burned through etc. Good riddance to that MMO plague of 2008/2009. 8-)

When the devs get back to designing good, quality, FOCUSED games, everything will be good. It's already happening btw!

Azarael

Post#38 » Wed May 20, 2015 5:05 pm

Fanatical Zeal isn't just a Witch Hunter ability.

Edit in order not to make this a total shitpost:

I don't have a problem if people like PvE or they want to go ahead and get the PvE working to the original game's standard. I'm merely agreeing with the point made. I will say that while as a player I will always prefer PvP, as a developer I don't particularly mind what I'm working on as long as it's of benefit.

Ads
Tiggo
Former Staff

Post#39 » Wed May 20, 2015 5:09 pm

yepp even Blizzard with its 1000+ developers reaches their limit. But they do it best.

Also Trion did well at the beginning, they were a HUGE studio. But now they also face that burnout and didnt do the pvp part well enough to hold the pvp guys. They neglected the pvp guilds to long and now those are gone. lost them thousands of players in a actually really good game, which would be perfect for pvp.

Also i think warhammer has a GOOD basis for good pvp/rvr. Seeing how well even in alpha now the server does in large battles, makes me hope we will once experience lag free castle fights ;)

I HOPE! ^^
- Martock - Tiggo - Antigonos - Mago - Hamilkar - Melquart
- Smooshie (Destro)

Gorwe

Post#40 » Wed May 20, 2015 5:22 pm

Azarael wrote:Fanatical Zeal isn't just a Witch Hunter ability.

Edit in order not to make this a total shitpost:

I don't have a problem if people like PvE or they want to go ahead and get the PvE working to the original game's standard. I'm merely agreeing with the point made. I will say that while as a player I will always prefer PvP, as a developer I don't particularly mind what I'm working on as long as it's of benefit.
No, it is not ;) !

You just stole words from my mouth. I came to say something like that :) .