Recent Topics

Ads

options for 1vx in current meta

Let's talk about... everything else
Andamarine

Re: options for 1vx in current meta

Post#21 » Fri Feb 16, 2024 6:46 am

Just go at https://www.rvrstats.additionweb.co.uk/ You can filter out solo only kills and select where kills happened if SCS kills, oRvR kills, etc.

When you do so for ]solo kills in oRvR from 5th February to 11 Februarly it will look like (sorted bymost dmg done):

1) Whitch Hunter (79 chars with solo kills active) , average char had 7 kills 4 deaths and did 709 percent of damage
2) WE (62 chars with solo kills active) average char had 7 kills 3 deaths and did 664 percent of damage[
3) White Lion(58 chars with solo kills active) average char had 4 kills 2 deaths and did 440 percent of damage
4) Slayer (48 chars with solo kills active) average char had 3 kills 3 deaths and did 297 percet of damage
5) Shadow Warrior (71 chars with solo kills active) average char had 3 kills 4 deaths and did 292 percent of damage

Or select there Warriors of Reckoning and see The Assassins( TOP SOLO PLAYERS) and for each week in oRvR:
TOP FIVE solo players for each realm in WEEK 6 were:

ORDER:

1) Ultimatum - Warrior priest 136 kills
2) Samira - Whitch Hunter - 124 kills
3) Knick - White Lion - 101 kills
4) Deawuur -Enginiier - 101 Kills
5) Daion -Whitch Hunter - 88 kills

Destro:

1) Goodunion - Choppa 131 kills
2) Ipex - WE -122 kills
3) Aurrel - WE-91 kills
4) Nolitadoll WE -72- kills
5) Wulkin - Marauder - 66 kills

Ads
Farrul

Post#22 » Fri Feb 16, 2024 7:14 am

Andamarine wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 6:46 am Just go at https://www.rvrstats.additionweb.co.uk/ You can filter out solo only kills and select where kills happened if SCS kills, oRvR kills, etc.

When you do so for ]solo kills in oRvR from 5th February to 11 Februarly it will look like (sorted bymost dmg done):

1) Whitch Hunter (79 chars with solo kills active) , average char had 7 kills 4 deaths and did 709 percent of damage
2) WE (62 chars with solo kills active) average char had 7 kills 3 deaths and did 664 percent of damage[
3) White Lion(58 chars with solo kills active) average char had 4 kills 2 deaths and did 440 percent of damage
4) Slayer (48 chars with solo kills active) average char had 3 kills 3 deaths and did 297 percet of damage
5) Shadow Warrior (71 chars with solo kills active) average char had 3 kills 4 deaths and did 292 percent of damage

Or select there Warriors of Reckoning and see The Assassins( TOP SOLO PLAYERS) and for each week in oRvR:

ORDER:

Destro:

2) pex - WE -122 kills
3) Aurrel - WE-91 kills

This is not relevant information.

Solo kills is not what the OP is requesting, indeed going by solo kills you can do very well as many classes.

Going by statistics is not useful either as it only proves who is playing the most, not who is most effective. If you take a Regen WE that knows what she is doing all those names above would be victims to her( no offence to anyone) all day long. The spec is broken.

So what is talked about here is solo roaming, in the context of 1vsxx and currently as been said a couple of times REGEN/Witch Brew WE is in a league of her own. Def we can comfortable 2vs1 people without a problem, a good one will do 1vs3 or even 1vs4 against less geared/skilled players.

No other class/spec can compete with a spec that has all the best defensive tools and utility and does not even need to build mainstat but instead goes full defence gear retard whilst still highly offensive utility and dps much higher than any regen tank. Instead of fixing that the devs decided Heavy blow was too strong. *sigh*

kudos to Aurrel WE and all dps WE for not going with the broken spec. Once upon a time when White Lion pets were not completely broken it was a good solo class, once the IB was decent to play. WH ( although good for balance) is a shadow of its former performance but can still do alright.

AM/Shaman still do well, a chosen is okish for tank standards. Other regen tank can work if the player is BIS and knows exactly what he/she is doing. Choppa/mara/ASW can do ok.

Andamarine

Post#23 » Fri Feb 16, 2024 7:58 am

Farrul wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 7:14 am
Andamarine wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 6:46 am Just go at https://www.rvrstats.additionweb.co.uk/ You can filter out solo only kills and select where kills happened if SCS kills, oRvR kills, etc.

ORDER:

Destro:

2) pex - WE -122 kills
3) Aurrel - WE-91 kills

This is not relevant information.

Solo kills is not what the OP is requesting, indeed going by solo kills you can do very well as many classes.

Going by statistics is not useful either as it only proves who is playing the most, not who is most effective. If you take a Regen WE that knows what she is doing all those names above would be victims to her( no offence to anyone) all day long. The spec is broken.

Well stats like K/D ratio or KAD ratio (Kills+assists to death ration) determine pretty much the effectivity of the class in selected game mode. Numbers I posted are averages per capital. Not totals, so it is not deformed by how much players play the class.

And if anything is broken in very hard competetive games like PvP MMORGPs are, then it will translate to statistics in killboard very soon. Because players will exploit every mistake Devs make to the maximum.

Farrul

Post#24 » Fri Feb 16, 2024 9:20 am

Andamarine wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 7:58 amWell stats like K/D ratio or KAD ratio (Kills+assists to death ration) determine pretty much the effectivity of the class in selected game mode. Numbers I posted are averages per capital. Not totals, so it is not deformed by how much players play the class.

And if anything is broken in very hard competetive games like PvP MMORGPs are, then it will translate to statistics in killboard very soon. Because players will exploit every mistake Devs make to the maximum.
They are meaningless for a solo roamer, the effectiveness of a solo roamer is determined by the ability to survive combat. The balance is determined in how they can outmaneuver an opponent of equal gear/skill.

Player A kills 5 random vanq geared players on the bis WL.

Player B on a bis random class kills another good player in the same timeframe but is not attacking the 5 random vanq players passing by and killd by player A.

According to your statistics player A is the more effective player/class. Which is of course not true at all.

These statistics ( some of them are streamers with recorded videos and you can see it for yourself) involves farming players not equipped for solo , In fact it mostly involves this. They do absolutely not display the balance of the class nor the skill of the player when put to the test in a 1vsx, one could at best say someone is adept at killing random average targets through these statistics( which will mostly involve targets as mentioned above).

The only way to know who is better is through in game exposure as a solo roamer yourself, these stastics are (if you know the names) far off the mark.

I guess you are new to the server or never roamed yourself?

The video evidence has been there for years by different creators when it comes to Regen WE, in the end posted by the most skilled player in the server to show off ridiculous achievements in order to get the attention of dev balance team ( that's how I interpret his intent as he fully has admited the case). The spec is ridiculous.

Mortgrimm

Post#25 » Fri Feb 16, 2024 12:25 pm

Detangler wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 6:05 pm Way too many complicated answers here. It's simple, really.

Regen witchbrew WE
Everyone else.

WE doesn't have to fight shams or regen marauders, so literally every class you find you can kill with ease. Cant die to anything 1v1 unless you seriously screw up bad. Start to get into trouble? Stagger and vanish. Reset, finish them off. Insane self sustain, damage, x2 heal debuffs, and all the escape tools you would ever need. 'Why is this still even allowed?' should be the real question.
Totally right. You can´t kill them and they don´t loose anything in dmg even full regen.
For me it would be either u go regen and loose a lot of dmg or u prefer dealing dmg but then without regen. In this case just remove Grimshimmer and Fleshrender from the game or just the regen stat. But those changes will never happen.

So if someone wanna solo roam and kill ... go for the regen witchbrew WE. Nothing else can beat it.
Mortgrimm - IB - guild leader of Thurisaz
Sayalena - WL - Thurisaz
Thorhammer - WP - Thurisaz

live4treasure

Post#26 » Fri Feb 16, 2024 12:56 pm

Mortgrimm wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 12:25 pm
Detangler wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 6:05 pm Way too many complicated answers here. It's simple, really.

Regen witchbrew WE
Everyone else.

WE doesn't have to fight shams or regen marauders, so literally every class you find you can kill with ease. Cant die to anything 1v1 unless you seriously screw up bad. Start to get into trouble? Stagger and vanish. Reset, finish them off. Insane self sustain, damage, x2 heal debuffs, and all the escape tools you would ever need. 'Why is this still even allowed?' should be the real question.
Totally right. You can´t kill them and they don´t loose anything in dmg even full regen.
For me it would be either u go regen and loose a lot of dmg or u prefer dealing dmg but then without regen. In this case just remove Grimshimmer and Fleshrender from the game or just the regen stat. But those changes will never happen.

So if someone wanna solo roam and kill ... go for the regen witchbrew WE. Nothing else can beat it.
I think geared DPS AM that knows what they are doing can kill this spec. It's hard, but not impossible.
Giladar - rr 80 DPS AM

Pahakukka

Post#27 » Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:55 pm

Mortgrimm wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 12:25 pm

Regen witchbrew WE
Everyone else.

Im in favor of removing or tuning down the grimmshimmer. I think we had topic about it year ish ago or so. ppl werew strongly against. IMO its just way too much regen and pretty decent wounds too for the item rank/how hard it is to get.
Tinbitz rr8x BO
Daewuur rr8x Magus
Deawuur rr8x engineer
+ lots of rr50-60 toons, including 1 healer!

-"renown pinata for small groups"

Bozzax

Post#28 » Fri Feb 16, 2024 4:15 pm

Stat page is legit just filter (same as I used in the picture)
[RvR]
[Solo kills only]
[80+]

Check include outliers [X] and Look at outliers (try hards) KD: Kill to Death Ratio
Those kills can be 1v1, 1vX of any enemy level still 100 times better then most claims regarding 1vX options in current meta
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

Ads
Zxul

Post#29 » Fri Feb 16, 2024 9:14 pm

ifirex wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 12:56 pm A Dps dok/wp
As far as dok goes btw, I really wouldn't rate it as high- only way dok can currently do a good dmg is with physical, meaning needing having both str and ws, unless you want to only be able to do dmg to cloth wearers. Meaning no toughness= no mitigation vs ranged, in addition to in general being very kitable. And ranged just happens to be very popular order side. +Dok needs to do dmg to self heal, which is very easy to disable- in addition to kiting, high parry (like say wh's RB 5 sec 100% parry buff, or wh's m1) or high absorb (like absorb pot, in addition to whatever other absorbs available) will disable dok's self healing just fine, then just need to follow with burst.

For that matter, that's how I was killing dps wp's back in the day on my RA specced WE- use OYK morale drain to get to m1 fast for 6 sec 100% parry, then morale up and burst while wp can't self heal.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

kuvktk

Post#30 » Sat Feb 17, 2024 3:12 am

ifirex wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 12:56 pm
knick wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 8:44 am from a technical point of view you can go with every class for a solo build. some are more easy than other but lion and marauder are also possible as engi or magus.

but 1vsx is in my eyes endgame. you need BiS and a excellent game/class understanding .

importatnt is that you cant build against all. Your build/setup can always handle a certain number of classes but never all
Well written, I would also add that when roaming around the battlefield. You are looking for chance encounters. You don't really spend most of your time fighting, patience is key and understanding who is roaming also key. You will quickly learn who you can beat and who you cannot the pilot makes a bigger difference then the class.

If you wanted just a simple ranking of classes you can pubstomp noobs on 1vx(Again having end game gear and having blue pots x4 will greatly increase your success chance(Hp,Hp,Absorb,Ap).
In my opinion with no importance of order in each ranking;
S WE
A+ WH,Lion,Magus,Shaman, AM
A Dps dok/wp,SH,choppa, SW, Slayer, Mara, Engi, BW,
B Sorc/dps Rp

Tanks Will not get even half the amount of solo kills as dps specs because 50% of your kills will escape or evade you somehow. You shine as a tank into people thinking they can fight you head on.

Chosen, BG/BO/SM/IB, Knight
hm interesting. ty for tier list. I'm thinking about trying to level WE, mara and I already have a lvl 38 magus. I also have lvl 40 mara, but it was so long time ago, I would prefer to make a new one from scratch and get a tille more player experience with it. I know that 1vx is a long waaaaaaaaaaay to go, but I think I can manage the needed grind
also, why magus is in A+ tier for 1vx?

and ty all for all your advices