Recent Topics

Ads

End the "Auto-interrupt Macro" conspiracy theory.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
what63

Re: End the "Auto-interrupt Macro" conspiracy theory.

Post#21 » Fri Feb 09, 2024 2:17 pm

bene86 wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 7:37 am
bw10 wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 7:27 am
Ruin wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 11:10 pmNP still alive?
nb? very much alive. only few people got access to it tho:)

And how do you know that if i may ask ? :-)
Was confirmed some time ago that the patcher trusts the hash on myps, so it's quite possible to just boot up one that has interfacecore without the countermeasures that were patched in. From there all it takes is a slightly modifier version of the addon to deal with serverside measures.

Ads
Ysaran

Post#22 » Fri Feb 09, 2024 3:09 pm

Scottx125 wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 12:07 pm
Omegus wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 12:17 am
Scottx125 wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 9:22 pm As I've said, we need developer only approved addons to stop this non-sense. Anyone not using developer approved addons should be banned.
100% unenforceable, and that is not an uninformed hyperbolic statement.
Perhaps, next best thing is strict guidelines on acceptable addons.
Does it even make sense to have guidelines for addons if you can't enforce them?
Zputadenti

Brizio

Post#23 » Fri Feb 09, 2024 5:14 pm

There is no such thing as banning addons. You can just change the name.

Gotta work on those api functions :D

Omegus

Post#24 » Fri Feb 09, 2024 5:56 pm

Brizio wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 5:14 pm There is no such thing as banning addons. You can just change the name.

The blocks don't care about the add-on name, they're all about limiting what you can do with the API during combat. To my knowledge all of the loopholes of remaking NB legitimately (except one obscure unfixable one which requires a completely different way of NB operating) have been fixed and if someone has found something that was missed then I praise their knowledge of Lua and the WAR-API. I do wonder if the attempt at sending data to an external program to rebind a keyboard at the hardware level ever got finished.

If people are instead modifying the MYP files instead then that's a client hack and should be dealt with exactly the same as any other client hacks... and there are far worse things people can do than enable NerfedButtons if you choose to hack the client. All those people talking about secret add-on discords should probably mention if the add-on is legit or needs a client hack and/or external programs to work ;)
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Omegus

Post#25 » Fri Feb 09, 2024 5:59 pm

Scottx125 wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 12:07 pm
Omegus wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 12:17 am
Scottx125 wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 9:22 pm As I've said, we need developer only approved addons to stop this non-sense. Anyone not using developer approved addons should be banned.
100% unenforceable, and that is not an uninformed hyperbolic statement.
Perhaps, next best thing is strict guidelines on acceptable addons.
The guidelines are already implicit by what has been blocked: no rebinding keys in combat, no changing action bar slots in combat, no work-around's to try and do either of those via slightly different methods than actually changing the action bar slot ability.

what63

Post#26 » Fri Feb 09, 2024 6:03 pm

Omegus wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 5:56 pm
Brizio wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 5:14 pm There is no such thing as banning addons. You can just change the name.

The blocks don't care about the add-on name, they're all about limiting what you can do with the API during combat. To my knowledge all of the loopholes of remaking NB legitimately (except one obscure unfixable one which requires a completely different way of NB operating) have been fixed and if someone has found something that was missed then I praise their knowledge of Lua and the WAR-API. I do wonder if the attempt at sending data to an external program to rebind a keyboard at the hardware level ever got finished.

If people are instead modifying the MYP files instead then that's a client hack and should be dealt with exactly the same as any other client hacks... and there are far worse things people can do than enable NerfedButtons if you choose to hack the client. All those people talking about secret add-on discords should probably mention if the add-on is legit or needs a client hack and/or external programs to work ;)
As is evident by the fact alone that you don't have to keep the patcher running to maintain the game process, there isn't any measures taken against tampering, people are free to exploit to their hearts content until someone catches them manually in-game. Also reckon that even if they didn't have the current (not sure if new launcher fixed this?) hole with validating myps, it wouldn't be overly tricky for someone to slip in a modified myp anyways if they really, really didn't wanna play without NB.

Omegus

Post#27 » Fri Feb 09, 2024 6:08 pm

what63 wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 6:03 pmAs is evident by the fact alone that you don't have to keep the patcher running to maintain the game process, there isn't any measures taken against tampering, people are free to exploit to their hearts content until someone catches them manually in-game. Also reckon that even if they didn't have the current (not sure if new launcher fixed this?) hole with validating myps, it wouldn't be overly tricky for someone to slip in a modified myp anyways if they really, really didn't wanna play without NB.
I'm not sure what point you're making here? I know full well what is possible and how to achieve it, and that MYP tampering is considered a hack/cheat and not a legitimate way of using NB. People using hacks/cheats - whatever they might be - is a different topic from asking the devs to disallow certain types of add-ons or add-on functionality.

Cardiff

Post#28 » Fri Feb 09, 2024 9:10 pm

Omegus wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 5:56 pm I do wonder if the attempt at sending data to an external program to rebind a keyboard at the hardware level ever got finished.
Yea, you can still use Nerfbutton logic to automate abilities, by modifying nb to write the id of the ability into a LOG file instead of trying to update the keybinds/abilities in game. Then it's just mapping the ability ids to the corresponding keybind in Autohotkey. When you press your nerfed button, autohotkey will read the LOG file and swap out the actual keystroke you press on your physical keyboard with the keybind for an ability in game.

How you ever able to stop that I have no idea, since it's basically undetectable in game, you could even stream while using it and from viewer perspective you are pressing different buttons, when in reality you are pressing 1 button and Autohotkey is switching the keystrokes based on the ability ids stored in the LOG file being generated by the modified Nerfedbuttons addon.

Ads
Brizio

Post#29 » Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:57 pm

Omegus wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 6:08 pm
what63 wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 6:03 pmAs is evident by the fact alone that you don't have to keep the patcher running to maintain the game process, there isn't any measures taken against tampering, people are free to exploit to their hearts content until someone catches them manually in-game. Also reckon that even if they didn't have the current (not sure if new launcher fixed this?) hole with validating myps, it wouldn't be overly tricky for someone to slip in a modified myp anyways if they really, really didn't wanna play without NB.
I'm not sure what point you're making here? I know full well what is possible and how to achieve it, and that MYP tampering is considered a hack/cheat and not a legitimate way of using NB. People using hacks/cheats - whatever they might be - is a different topic from asking the devs to disallow certain types of add-ons or add-on functionality.

Like using target function on enemies. So sad that they have disabled that. :D

bw10

Post#30 » Fri Feb 09, 2024 11:40 pm

Hazmy wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 11:58 am
bw10 wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 7:50 am if you know you know if you dont tough luck. theres an underground addon scene with hacked nb and other borderline cheat addons. basically an open secret at this point. this is why banning addons doesnt work
Remember that using tools that are against the code of conduct are forbidden and is punishable. In case one knows certain circles where these addons are around and players share them, the team would expect those to be reported so we can try to maintain the integrity of equal playground until further improvements on the matter.
Or maybe dont ban addons so the casual player doesnt get annihilated by 15+ years live vets augumented with hacked addons lol