Recent Topics

Ads

Order lack of melee

Let's talk about... everything else
PaleHorseman

Re: Order lack of melee

Post#21 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:55 am

emiliorv wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:02 am
Vlad333 wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:23 am Take the Phoenix Gate sc i'm just in, as i write this.
An orc takes our flag, big fight, no one cares to interrupt the guy picking the flag. Then, after he takes it and has a big ass blue light above him, EVERYONE hits anyone else but him, and he runs away, just me shooting his ass and chasing.
I am sorry but order is just plainly, full of idiots. There is no other explanation. Low IQ is the only viable one.
First mistake => you queue all SCs. if you play as a pick up you MUST queue only for PUG SC (nordenwatch iirrc is pug sc atm). if you queue for all you will face premades...premades CANT queue pug sc.

if you think your faction is missing some kind of roles you can play by yourself => roll a tank and support your realm. opening a topic on forum for other players roll the classes missed to support your mdps....
How do you know what the pug SC is at the time?

Ads
Mystry
Suspended

Post#22 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:13 am

I'm gonna drop some unpleasant truth bombs now.

Order is underpowered in almost every way. But most people don't know WHY they're underpowered. The reason is because NO ONE ON ORDER PLAYS GOOD CLASSES SINCE THEY LOOK LIKE CRAP.

Order's strongest melee is, without question, slayer. And no one plays slayer because most people find dwarves to be dumb looking. MOST of Order's really strong classes are dwarf, and no one wants to play dwarf. Add that on top of the fact that Order classes are almost universally mechanically and statistically weaker than destro classes and you get a faction that is at a permanent distinct disadvantage. And as a cherry on top, because Order is so weak, all the hardcore players play destro and roam around in organized groups.

I STILL think that WH should be completely reworked to basically be a Slayer-clone because people actually want to play WH since they look cool.

Vlad333

Post#23 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:33 am

Telling me to reroll WH is not the solution to this. As others have stated, Order has no melee frontline in most SC's. This is not in my imagination.
I am new to the game but i fail to notice why WH is the "worst class in game". Feels quite capable, as of now, at least.
I have several characters as I am still testing stuff. I hesitate on rolling a tank because everyone told me to stay away from 2h, and in my 15 year MMO experience, i never played a tank because i'm the DPS guy, cliche or not, it is what i play. I do like dps/healing hybrids like Retri Paladins in WoW, but 2h WP deal close to no damage, tested that as well.
I will try a 2h IB, since i hear they are decent in the dps department and can be some kind of juggernauts, which i'm fine with. I'll stick to my WH for the moment though.

Vlad333

Post#24 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:39 am

Again, t1 SC's all day. I play only Nordwatch now because it is the only non premade SC. Literally lose, every, god damn single sc.
All i see is this: 4 black orcs or choppas, mixed, backline of 4 shamans, 2 zealots. Game over.
They go on bridge and it is over. Order is stuck on bridge, and will remain stuck on bridge, every single f***ing sc, with no outcome that differs.
This is the truth, and this is what is happening.
Stop giving me your premade bullcrap. Pugs are different, and most likely the races are imbalanced. I never see Order tanks do so much dmg as black orcs. They do not even give a damn to play with a shield.
Give me a break. I'll just reroll and eventually everyone that is new will reroll because i am no noob at these games, and i see things.
I understand 1,2,3...maybe a day of a losing streak. But everyday, constantly, no matter what class i play? Nah, there is no such thing.
Many will reroll and create an even more unbalanced state to the server. Then i wanna see you elitist jerks have fun in the game.

wonshot

Post#25 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:44 am

PaleHorseman wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:55 am How do you know what the pug SC is at the time?
Ingame command: ".pug" will inform you what the current Pick Up Group scenario is. This is limmited to only solo or duo queue.

other commands,

.u to punt you back a few feet if you are stuck on terrain
.bag to see your accumulated bonus roll to zonelock bags
.gm to see any online Gamemasters
.rvr to see active RvR zones open

if your char is ever stuck in loading screen and the zone you were in "crashed" you can get ported to Nordland by pressing "Enter" + "/stuck" + "/stuck" while in the loadingscreen and it might solve your issue.

As for the main topic, yeah Order lacks a frontline..
Some blame it on the Order tanks not looking cool and appealing, some on how the ordertanks are not as selfsustainable
The Order melee dps apart from slayer have not too much of a viable largescale "aoe" role, so this might turn off some players from rolling them.
For scenarios you should see a whole lot of assault SW, Rampaging slayers, Sneaking WHs, and pouncing Whitelions.

But instead we still see the same Fireclowns, dps AMs and Engineers for reasons I cant explain.
Im part of the problem too, my Order dps classes are "bw and engineer" where as on destro i have a choppa and a meatball.
:shrug:
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#26 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:07 am

Vlad333 wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:33 am Telling me to reroll WH is not the solution to this. As others have stated, Order has no melee frontline in most SC's. This is not in my imagination.
I am new to the game but i fail to notice why WH is the "worst class in game". Feels quite capable, as of now, at least.
I have several characters as I am still testing stuff. I hesitate on rolling a tank because everyone told me to stay away from 2h, and in my 15 year MMO experience, i never played a tank because i'm the DPS guy, cliche or not, it is what i play. I do like dps/healing hybrids like Retri Paladins in WoW, but 2h WP deal close to no damage, tested that as well.
I will try a 2h IB, since i hear they are decent in the dps department and can be some kind of juggernauts, which i'm fine with. I'll stick to my WH for the moment though.
Roll a BO and join the green side...

CountTalabecland

Post#27 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:15 am

Order has been full of deadweight RDPS since launch. IDK why ppl enjoy playing as unguarded trash, dying repeatedly, and doing less damage than a snb tank but they do. Amazing what it takes to actually change behavior and get ppl to improve. Gotta grp up or join a guild.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

guirssane

Post#28 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:38 am

I see plenty of tanks in t2 but never enough melee dps which is a shame cause slayer are strong af...

Ads
Vlad333

Post#29 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:57 pm

Now i made a Slayer just to check it out. Still t1 obviously, but i get melted by Witch Elves lmao. This class is so fragile and the dmg is no there. Basically i sacrifice everything to hit like everyone else. Good class design lol.
Ofc people play destro, a choppa doesn't have this issue + more mobility.
Also, no one is healing. Guard is a myth, you never see that in sc's.
Whatevs.

TreefAM

Post#30 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:08 pm

imagine actually thinking that a choppa is in any way better than a slayer