Recent Topics

Ads

[Bright Wizard] Combustion / Career Mechanic

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Vencenosec

Re: [Bright Wizard] Combustion / Career Mechanic

Post#141 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:06 pm

Really? And why it is necessary to nerf a class? And this man balance moderator?

Ads
Azarael

Post#142 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:08 pm

If you're not going to make any kind of argument, please don't waste my time in clicking on this thread to read it. Thanks!

Luth

Post#143 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:34 pm

There was already a similiar discussion about one year ago.
Luth wrote: I'm still for a 50% incoming healdebuff at max. combustion, that stacks multiplicatively with other healdebuffs. So 50% self HD + 50% enemy HD is 75% until the bw/sorc uses meltdown.
Imo the HD should start with a low value at low combustion and should get stronger at high combustion.
It would force them to drop combustion when getting attention in PvP and wouldn't affect/hurt solo BW/sorcs when leveling etc.

Vencenosec

Post#144 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:47 pm

Azarael wrote:If you're not going to make any kind of argument, please don't waste my time in clicking on this thread to read it. Thanks!
Magicians and sorcerers have less vitality than the mdps have light armor and not average! Hunters and Witch Witch Elvish better survival in times! And if mdps not see that it now will burst Enchantress / Bright that is his problem.!
You and so they did just nerialno kickbacks, you want to do as it was? that no one is able to kill?
Normal arguments Azrael?
I'm a fan of the game.! I want it developed, was the best!
I can not just watch her kill.!

ThePollie
Banned

Post#145 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 4:02 pm

Vencenosec wrote:
Azarael wrote:If you're not going to make any kind of argument, please don't waste my time in clicking on this thread to read it. Thanks!
Magicians and sorcerers have less vitality than the mdps have light armor and not average! Hunters and Witch Witch Elvish better survival in times! And if mdps not see that it now will burst Enchantress / Bright that is his problem.!
You and so they did just nerialno kickbacks, you want to do as it was? that no one is able to kill?
Normal arguments Azrael?
I'm a fan of the game.! I want it developed, was the best!
I can not just watch her kill.!
First, what the hell?

Second, I guess the argument is that they're squishier? Except that they're in the back-line, safely tucked away from most forms of damage. If someone targets them, they're either incredibly overextended, the enemy is pushed deep into their formation, or they're being targeted by ranged-DPS. Case 1, they suck. Case 2, it happens. Fight them, get help. You have healers there, anyway. Case 3, detaunt them and step back, they'll either move forward into the front line to chase or break off.

Soulcheg

Post#146 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 4:28 pm

Tklees wrote: What most of us would like to see change is the mechanic involving more risk for being at full combustion other than a random hit to health every 2-3 casts.
What for? Only for reason "hmm, what will we do, dunno, it's soo boring, hmm, i know, let's nerf somthn! How about a bright wizard, let's think about something absolutely stupid and whine for 50 pages, so the main god of the whiners, let's call him A. - finally give up and implement it!"

If you want bigger risk - you shoul give the bigger reward. Cause there is no reward now for 100 combustion, it's absolutely vital for class to keep high combustion, 'cause with 0-50 comb it's just a laughable damage, You won't solve anything with just making more vitality debuff, or reducing damage, or crit chance - this would literally kill the class, which is built all about crit damage and high combustion, and can't defence himself versus any melee in the metagame.
Spoiler:
Seriously, how the hell you was chosen to balance moderating, you don't give a sh about balance.
[RU]GreenFire. //Grimward/Albiona/Edwin/many others

Tklees

Post#147 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 4:34 pm

Vencenosec wrote:Really? And why it is necessary to nerf a class? And this man balance moderator?
In no part of my post did I suggest a nerf. I actually said word for word they are fine. I would just like to see a more substantial risk for being at full combustion in group play.

@Soulcheg If anything the below suggestion, made by Luth, is a buff to people who play a BW solo and have no heals and allows the class to be played better on its own while still being viable in group.

@Luth I like the HD idea. But feel like 25% max would be best. Every 20 combustion it goes up 5%. And it should stack the way shaman detaunt does so a second heal debuff on them would be 50% of the 75% of the heal left making it 62.5% total.

As to the people who are flaming Moderators and Devs for voicing an opinion, which I have no seen in multiple threads. Making suggestions for change is what the balance forum is going to be and what we are going to do. And as a community we are going to work together an balance this game by having mature, respectful, and intelligent conversations on topics of balance. My opinion is no better than yours from the start of this and your opinion may be better. My role is simply to monitor and enforce the rules of the Balance Forums with the rest of the team.
Last edited by Tklees on Sun Jan 31, 2016 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tklees Chatoullier
Gagirbinn

Khayfa

Post#148 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 4:50 pm

Tklees wrote:
Khayfa wrote:Hello!
Wall of text.
Have a nice day.
I'll take this point by pointpoint:
Risk v reward. You say mdps face no risk while rdps face high risk due to support. This is a falsehood. As an rdps you are in the backlines and can see the whole field on your screen while the melee are in the pit and have limited vision. This allows you as an rdps to prekite anyone who is coming for you. Or call for help from someone your group and move towards them. Not to mention the escape tools the BW in itself has at its disposal in a RKD, insta snare, root/punt, and a pretty strong self armor buff. So the idea a BW plays with more risk than an mdps is just false as most mdps can not even be played to thier ful effect without a group to support them.

You made a few comments towards how posts such as the rage ones will ruin balance of the game again this just simply won't happen as we won't let it happen. There are explict rules for how to post on the balance section and rage posts do not fit the format.

The end of your post I had a hard time understanding but I think, don't kill me if I'm misrepresenting your post, you were saying people say BW/Sorc are harder to play than people give them credit for and to this I can actually agree. If you are fighting pugs they wreck. Dot dot dot insta etc. And you have a dead target. In a more organized fight its much harder due to the group cleanse, and common knowledge of it you see BB/WoP you're about to get blown up do something. So there we can agree.

What most of us would like to see change is the mechanic involving more risk for being at full combustion other than a random hit to health every 2-3 casts.
Point by point(just a little clarification):
About risk in my post-it was about scenario's context (where 12x12 and 6x6 in future(as ethernal citadel).So mdps-its train(i dont speak about pug its their choice be mdps at random) 2 tanks 2 healers 2 mdds(one of them can be dps dok/wp its very popular now) its so fatness and damage rush group,who "bite" their target until it dies.There is not a lot of damage to kill them in 6x6 in range squad(what about escape bw/sorcs mechanism.Thats def abbilities,they cant help you increase distance beetwen sorc/bw and random mdps.Only roots,if mdps use his ant root immun abillity in vain and focus mind(M2) can help ),if train play correct its impossible(maybe, we or wh can die,which were as gankers and scouts specific)=> so mdd dont expose his character's for danger playing vs rdps.And most of mdps have arsenal for chasing and following kill of them.I have slayer and marauder as twinks, which i play with wls and choppas in one party, so i know what i say.Just rush healers/other squashy targets and be happy-get your sc win.So rdps in more peril,than mdps-they just frags.Its about 6x6.
About 12x12:it depends by second group's composition.Many random variablies.Risk ofc present, but not "hightest".
About orvr ofc you are right.Even argue nothing.But i didnt negate that(read my "Wall of text" again).Thats payments for 6x6 absolut dominate.
About rage(lol):
Really?I just quoute other peoples, whose opinion i thnik right+my opinon with some arguments.And you say-im rage?That not nice.
About ruin balance-i didnt say about that.I just said it would be worse than it is now."Ruin" it maybe in future, when whiner's wave nerf one, than next, next and next(can not exclude such a possibility).
About your last suggestion.Its on live.And i talk about that in my "Wall of text".
Here:
Khayfa wrote:Some additons about bw's-sorc's backhit system on private server(maybe someone dont know):character got on 26 pve lvl at RoR sever(506damage)backhits as 38-40 pve on live server.But all forget about that.

Ads
Tklees

Post#149 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:00 pm

Khayfa wrote:
Tklees wrote:
Khayfa wrote:Hello!
Wall of text.
Have a nice day.
I'll take this point by pointpoint:
Risk v reward. You say mdps face no risk while rdps face high risk due to support. This is a falsehood. As an rdps you are in the backlines and can see the whole field on your screen while the melee are in the pit and have limited vision. This allows you as an rdps to prekite anyone who is coming for you. Or call for help from someone your group and move towards them. Not to mention the escape tools the BW in itself has at its disposal in a RKD, insta snare, root/punt, and a pretty strong self armor buff. So the idea a BW plays with more risk than an mdps is just false as most mdps can not even be played to thier ful effect without a group to support them.

You made a few comments towards how posts such as the rage ones will ruin balance of the game again this just simply won't happen as we won't let it happen. There are explict rules for how to post on the balance section and rage posts do not fit the format.

The end of your post I had a hard time understanding but I think, don't kill me if I'm misrepresenting your post, you were saying people say BW/Sorc are harder to play than people give them credit for and to this I can actually agree. If you are fighting pugs they wreck. Dot dot dot insta etc. And you have a dead target. In a more organized fight its much harder due to the group cleanse, and common knowledge of it you see BB/WoP you're about to get blown up do something. So there we can agree.

What most of us would like to see change is the mechanic involving more risk for being at full combustion other than a random hit to health every 2-3 casts.
Point by point(just a little clarification):
About risk in my post-it was about scenario's context (where 12x12 and 6x6 in future(as ethernal citadel).So mdps-its train(i dont speak about pug its their choice be mdps at random) 2 tanks 2 healers 2 mdds(one of them can be dps dok its very popular now) its so fatness and damage rush group,who "bite" their target until it dies.There is not a lot of damage to kill them in 6x6 in range squad(what about escape bw/sorcs mechanism.Thats def abbilities,they cant help you increase distance beetwen sorc/bw and random mdps.Only roots,if mdps use his ant root immun abillity in vain and focus mind(M2) can help ),if train play correct its impossible(maybe, we or wh can die,which were as gankers and scouts specific)=> so mdd dont expose his character's for danger.And most of mdps have arsenal for chasing and following kill of them.I have slayer and marauder as twinks, which i play with wls and choppas in one party, so i know what i say.Just rush healers/other squashy targets and be happy-get your sc win.So rdps in more peril,than mdps-they just frags.Its about 6x6.
About 12x12:it depends by second group's composition.Many random variablies.Risk ofc present, but not "hightest".
About orvr ofc you are right.Even argue nothing.But i didnt negate that(read my "Wall of text" again).Thats payments for 6x6 absolut dominate.
About rage(lol):
Really?I just quoute other peoples, whose opinion i thnik right+my opinon with some arguments.And you say-im rage?That not nice.
About ruin balance-i didnt say about that.I just said it would be worse than it is now."Ruin" it maybe in future, when whiner's wave nerf one, than next, next and next(can not exclude such a possibility).
About your last suggestion.Its on live.And i talk about that in my "Wall of text".
Here:
Khayfa wrote:Some additons about bw's-sorc's backhit system on private server(maybe someone dont know):character got on 26 pve lvl at RoR sever(506damage)backhits as 38-40 pve on live server.But all forget about that.
1. Writing wall of text was simply to reduce the size of the post. I did in fact read every word of it.
2. We disagree on the risk of playing rdps vs the risk of playing mdps it seems and I would love to take the time to convince you otherwise but I don't currently have it. So we can disagree there.
3. I am sorry if I implied you were raging that was not my intent. I was simply stately that rage posts, which your post was not, would not be tolerated on the balance section.
4. Whiners just like ragers will be disproven with facts and hard evidence in the balance section. Which I will link again in this post since most of the community still has yet to read it. That was my point with that statement.

I hope this clarifies my post. Below is a link to the Intro to Balance Section again.
http://www.returnofreckoning.com/forum/ ... 78&t=11105
Tklees Chatoullier
Gagirbinn

DefinitelyNotWingz

Post#150 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:04 pm

Can someone link me the explanation of why BW needs to be adjusted?

So far BW and SW/sorc and SH are decent options for a ranged setup.
Whether engi/magus needs a buff is not topic of this thread.

High risk high reward is already real since BWs/sorcs have to be careful with casting when being attacked. Backlash is not covered by guard and the overall lower hp (9 per lvl instead of 12 on mdps) force you to focus on getting rid of the pressure before being able to apply pressure yourself again. While SW and SH can still do decent sustain dmg.

So why?

"Seriously, how the hell you was chosen to balance moderating, you don't give a sh about balance."

This would be interesting too. But I dont really want an answer, no need to talk about irreversible mistakes that were already made.
You know who I am.