Recent Topics

Ads

[Bright Wizard] Combustion / Career Mechanic

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Jaycub

Re: [Bright Wizard] Combustion / Career Mechanic

Post#131 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:05 pm

I know just in general though I see it a lot on forums, even for different games.
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>

Ads
Koha

Post#132 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:17 pm

BW/Sorc should be encouraged/forced to consume their combustion more often.

The actual mechanic is lorewise ok, but gives no interest and no real class mechanic.
Warmup to 100% Combustion, suffer the backdrafts, enjoy the crit bonuses end of story.

Reducing their armor/resist like the slyer/choppa mechanic would be better but lacks originality.
MA Kirth BG Melnibone SH Kikass
WH Merci SM Kohagen SL Koagul

Vdova

Post#133 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:20 pm

TenTonHammer wrote:BW/Sorc mechanic:

Stand next to a healer
Roll face across keyboard
Watch people explode in the next time stamp

I think sorc is a bit harder to play than BW because latter don’t have to deal with pounce

And yeah they are fine, both are equally BS but serve their role and function exemplarily as rDPS glass cannons
BW is more comfortable atm. You dont need to deal with pounce or ranged KD. Just keep melee dps in range and sorc or SH detaunted. Ranged KD makes real difference when it comes to scenarios or small scale fights.
Vdova - Witch elf princess of suffer and despair

Sizer

Post#134 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:36 pm

katroulitsa wrote:
Apart from that tho, IMO, a change in the way backlash hits would automatically mean a complete rework of the class, and i highly doubt (or tbh hope :D ) Aza senpai or any other dev intends to do that. I dont see why we should change the cast range (srsly wtf) or any other thing.
Obv it pisses me off when i literally kill myself everytime i cast a spell, but hey!! thats how they designed the class, and i learnt how to deal with it. You cant expect to deal approximately 5k dmg in such a short period of time without suffering any consequences. Stahp trying to turn everything into ez mode.
And to quote 2 brave forum warriors:!
Besides the fact that you open your post with "L2P get good!!!", this is also an odd thing to say. Most posts in this thread (unless i missed some) have to do with making combustion HARDER to deal with and manage. Not easier.
Koha wrote:BW/Sorc should be encouraged/forced to consume their combustion more often.

The actual mechanic is lorewise ok, but gives no interest and no real class mechanic.
Warmup to 100% Combustion, suffer the backdrafts, enjoy the crit bonuses end of story.

Reducing their armor/resist like the slyer/choppa mechanic would be better but lacks originality.
I agree 100%. The slayer/choppa mechanic (which is also too easy to manage imo, but based on other threads it doesnt look like people are interested in changing it) is fine for now, but I dont think it would fit for bws/sorcs. Besides melee and ranged being so different, it would just be boring to have 4 classes with the same mechanic.
Aenea - SW / Aeneaa - AM
Sizer - Shaman / Artsupplies - Sorc

Tklees

Post#135 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:54 pm

Sizer wrote:
katroulitsa wrote:
Apart from that tho, IMO, a change in the way backlash hits would automatically mean a complete rework of the class, and i highly doubt (or tbh hope :D ) Aza senpai or any other dev intends to do that. I dont see why we should change the cast range (srsly wtf) or any other thing.
Obv it pisses me off when i literally kill myself everytime i cast a spell, but hey!! thats how they designed the class, and i learnt how to deal with it. You cant expect to deal approximately 5k dmg in such a short period of time without suffering any consequences. Stahp trying to turn everything into ez mode.
And to quote 2 brave forum warriors:!
Besides the fact that you open your post with "L2P get good!!!", this is also an odd thing to say. Most posts in this thread (unless i missed some) have to do with making combustion HARDER to deal with and manage. Not easier.
Koha wrote:BW/Sorc should be encouraged/forced to consume their combustion more often.

I agree 100%. The slayer/choppa mechanic (which is also too easy to manage imo, but based on other threads it doesnt look like people are interested in changing it) is fine for now, but I dont think it would fit for bws/sorcs. Besides melee and ranged being so different, it would just be boring to have 4 classes with the same mechanic.
a stacking wounds debuff would be something interesting
Tklees Chatoullier
Gagirbinn

TenTonHammer

Post#136 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:32 pm

Sizer wrote: The slayer/choppa mechanic (which is also too easy to manage imo, but based on other threads it doesnt look like people are interested in changing it) is fine for now, but I dont think it would fit for bws/sorcs. Besides melee and ranged being so different, it would just be boring to have 4 classes with the same mechanic.
The choppa slayer mechianic is he true example of high risk and high reward where they have to put and keep themselves in the danger zone and furthermore really dont want to blow there rage or their damage becomes eh, while also having to stay in melee range making them eaisy prey for rdps and AoE. vs BW/Sorc who kinda just stand by a healer, in the backlines and then any reprocussions from there mechanic are meaningless

Vraal

Post#137 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:45 pm

I would like to see a change that doesn't further nerf BW/Sorc in small-scale fights, which are already dominated by melee-trains (getting worse come T4), but makes BW/Sorc less mandatory in oRvR.

I don't have a fleshed-out idea but if you want BW/Sorc to dump their ressource you will either want to rescale all their abilities (let's be honest, without a high ressource level you don't deal any damage) or you want to make "Dhar Wind / Meltdown" stronger so it feels rewarding do blow out your ressource for a really strong finishing move.
Writing this it made me think about Arcane Mages in WoW. You benefit from your ressource in terms of dmg but ability cost goes up. You can dump your stacks into a scaling finisher in order to to burst and reset your mechanic. Then you start over. I really like this "ebb and flow" feeling and it might be something we can translate over to this game.

What do you think?
Vraal / / Khalik

Khayfa

Post#138 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:05 pm

Hello!
I play this game since end of 2008.And one of my favorite characters always was Bright wizard(since 2011-my main), so i played long time for my Bw's and im not bad bw(im very modesty(:).So i have total rigth for express my opinion.But first-i want quote some nice posts or their fragments, which i agree from last 4 pages of this thread with my little comments.
About risk and rewards:
Bretin wrote:higher risk = higher reward (!)
Justly.But only for orvr(zerg vs zerg).If you play 12x12 or 6x6(special 6x6) mdps dont jeopardize his character's life at all,if he play correct. At 12x12 maybe, but not "higt".
Tadaaaam.Some about panacea from direct bw/sorcs(by the way its only 2 characters in this game, who absolutly countred by any shown bellow methods):
bloodi wrote:But that is not true, the ttk is on 6 seconds because if you act before the burst window comes in, cleansing, detaunting, outranging, ccing etc the burst will never come.
So the 1-2 secs ttk is not existant, it never happens.
+guard or another def cooldown at least.No one longer haven't more countras in this WHO.
Why trivial blows have been implemented?(That must be my post lol):
Destromagus wrote:Its was implemented(TB) with release 90-100rr damage sets and their second proc(+critical chance and + critical power in %).It was counter for all damagers,who used dd higth lvl sets, not only for bw/sorcs or mtrains.
About whiner's nature:
Destromagus wrote:For whiners, who want nerf all , by whom they never played, but can kill them?
"A lot of people whining on this, this and this":
1.90% of this peoples in different nerf topics- the same peoples, who move from one topic to other and just whining.Someone of them write from differenet accounts, because its free, and a lot of them dont conceal that.
2.Part of them-new players.They dont know how subject of their whining can be countred.(How it can be look at bloodi's post, its need some habits, but its not too hard).
3.Part of them-peoples,just want nerf all disagreeable.
Balance for most of people:"I can kill everyone,than simply, than better.And sometimes someone kill me if he is very lucky".Sad, but true.( Its absolut proposition for every MMo, where we can see PvP mode(WoW for example).
True:
Vezert wrote:do not need to listen to people who do not understand the mechanics of the game.
Or this postion will be main reason for balance problems in the future.They'll kill this game finally
Nice suggestions:
katroulitsa wrote: but MAYBE ppl should stop talking about classes they have NO idea about. Stick to a class for more than 24h and then come on the forums with your pro suggestions. Or better yet, wait for t4 and try playing a sorc/BW without TB.
But i have some additions for this for all classes and their changes for RoRteam.Do this/dont do this thas ofc your prerogative,but here i see is democraty, so i advance this small suggestion about "Balance and change system":
1.Wait t4 and hight end content and fix all mechanic bugs.
2.Wait a little time.
3.Contact with best/or top(nvm) class members(i think its not so hard-find 3-4 peoples from one class,others players can help).Ask them what problems, what they, what they like/dislike and what mechanic they want got.
4.Changes.It based on other up points.
For people, who say here "Op mechanic and its so brain dead":
Character screen=>Create=>Empire/Dark Elves=>Choose your nickname(Annihilator ThreeThousands,AmragedonOfApocalypse,Blackdarkdarkness or just Faceboard for example)=>and go burn/freeze this server.Pwn all top premade players and do funny video about this.Come on.Just do this, i believe you can do that.
Brain dead style work only vs brain dead players.And it justly for all other characters.If you want be a good player, you must play it hard.I use nearly 30 differents rotations variation for different specs, enemies,situations.Some additons about bw's-sorc's backhit system on private server(maybe someone dont know):character got on 26 pve lvl at RoR sever(506damage)backhits as 38-40 pve on live server.But all forget about that.
About arcane mage mechanic form wow-arcane mage its pve specialization.Thats top at Warcraft's PvE and suck at Pvp.This is PvP game.And this need accurately correct for WHO.But this can be very bad for balance(Its can be very OP/Suck by slightest defect).So very danger, because other classes need fixes too.
Choppa/slayer mechanic:-originality;+ problems.Choppa/Slayer its medium armor and more HP,then squash rdps and its mdps=per guard at party-Bw/Sorc thats low armor and lower hp, they are too squash for that.
Since end of 2008 bws and sorcs was Op only at one period(Bomb Squad times,remember that?).But its stoped at 2010 with some fixes some tactics(closer).And they a fine,but weaker than mdps premades in scenario format,but stronger at orvr.
About bw/sorc meckanic changes:its proven by years.If dev can do this more intesreting/profiatble-this will be just great.But that very brittle-its very dangerous way.It really can be OP/suck. My personal opinion-it's not worth it.
Have a nice day.

Ads
Vencenosec

Post#139 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:58 pm

Sorry for my bad english.!I ask you not to have to nerf the class due to the fact that someone does not know how to play this game!
70% of players do not know what detaunt not able to apply this skill in the game.! Fire Mages and the Sorceress are not to blame.!
The game was great, so do it the same way it was.!

Tklees

Post#140 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:25 pm

Khayfa wrote:Hello!
Wall of text.
Have a nice day.
I'll take this point by pointpoint:
Risk v reward. You say mdps face no risk while rdps face high risk due to support. This is a falsehood. As an rdps you are in the backlines and can see the whole field on your screen while the melee are in the pit and have limited vision. This allows you as an rdps to prekite anyone who is coming for you. Or call for help from someone your group and move towards them. Not to mention the escape tools the BW in itself has at its disposal in a RKD, insta snare, root/punt, and a pretty strong self armor buff. So the idea a BW plays with more risk than an mdps is just false as most mdps can not even be played to thier ful effect without a group to support them.

You made a few comments towards how posts such as the rage ones will ruin balance of the game again this just simply won't happen as we won't let it happen. There are explict rules for how to post on the balance section and rage posts do not fit the format.

The end of your post I had a hard time understanding but I think, don't kill me if I'm misrepresenting your post, you were saying people say BW/Sorc are harder to play than people give them credit for and to this I can actually agree. If you are fighting pugs they wreck. Dot dot dot insta etc. And you have a dead target. In a more organized fight its much harder due to the group cleanse, and common knowledge of it you see BB/WoP you're about to get blown up do something. So there we can agree.

What most of us would like to see change is the mechanic involving more risk for being at full combustion other than a random hit to health every 2-3 casts.
Tklees Chatoullier
Gagirbinn