Recent Topics

Ads

Shaman/AM nerf?

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Bozzax

Re: Shaman/AM nerf?

Post#11 » Wed Jan 24, 2024 12:31 pm

Even with bugs ... Get'n Smarter stacks with potions and Pass It On works for heal of FotG (non Mork*) Shamans are lagging behind wo CDR;s and is Royal f..d when knights slot x2 shatter, 2h Slayer Spell breaker x2 shatter (more so in a WW-setting)

* IMHO There is a solid case for changing the desc instead of PIO bc AM is the better heal anyway (better order healing, more heal crits, clns more, easier ap (Wild healing), dest less burst jada jada)
Last edited by Bozzax on Wed Jan 24, 2024 5:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

Ads
Scottx125

Post#12 » Wed Jan 24, 2024 1:23 pm

Alubert wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:46 pm Zeal/RP are always good. DoK/WP after last patch have biiiig problems with SE/RF regen. Shaman is solid healer. KTB tact make his life harder but is good healer with the best def in the game. I test some gear mix and working very good without FODG.
Not to detract from the topic. But RF is fine. It's as it was, problem is in order to regen it you need to be on the frontline. Problem with that especially in the zerg meta we have is that you'll die very quickly. Even in a full-defence spec.

Back on topic. I think the discussion is correct. AM/Shaman heal-spec is about right and isn't too strong right now. DPS spec is another story. However RP/Zealot are a LOT stronger than they were making the others feel weaker.

Also @Ysaran, AM was the best healer because of 2 things, moveable EoV. And WW. The nerf to WW consequently nerfed AM. If you had an AM with 2x SM's running WW non-stop. The amount of damage and healing you could generate was nuts. I'm talking double the healing of the next best healer comp. Also, with the current zerg meta. People don't count the value of being able to sit back away from combat. This makes AM and especially RP who can cast some of their heals while moving extremely strong. WP on the other hand have to be close to be at 100% utilisation, but it also means if you get hit by 2-4wbs, you're not gonna live very long.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

Kloaner

Post#13 » Wed Jan 24, 2024 8:44 pm

I will never understand why People believe that a class that needs support from his Group to perform is overall better than a class that bring tons of stuff to support his Group.
When Shaman gets his indirect nerf by changing Chop Fasta, and the Faction Tactic rework (someone mention something like this, if I remember correct) goes wrong for the Gobbos, we will see what People think about Shaman. The Fact that this Class rely on 1 Skill (what isn't even a Standard Heal) and waits since 2008 for something like a rework for his class mechanic is proof enough that nobody know what to do with them. All the up and downs we have seen over the years are more little accidents by changing other classes or something else ingame.
AM / RP / Shaman / Zealot / WP / DoK

Bozzax

Post#14 » Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:49 am

I actually don’t think they should rework the mechanics. It is different from most other which actually is fun when you have played most classes.

CDRs on tank vs dps mirroring hurts shaman a bit though. Mostly bc of the x2 shatter imbalance of the realms (yep even MEME spell breaker is common enough to be annoying).

Most Leroy Jenkins knights pugs don’t understand how strong it is though which is fortunate
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

Ysaran

Post#15 » Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:33 am

I agree with @Kloaner. A class should by able to perferom its designed role without external support. Wounden't you find it crazy to have a tank that can have high protection only if it is guarding a very specific mdps?

Also, FoSG + CDR is very strong but you still want only 1 or 2 shaman/AM in your wb. More than that is redundant AND taxing on the wb comp since for every shaman/AM you also need a choppa/SM. On the other hand there are never enough Zeal/RP.

Moreover, FoDG + CDR is strong alright... in WB setting. In small scale you have not enough bodies to make it perform. Before the recent nerf to lifatap it was still a good skill with FoDG being influenced by heal crit and heal bonus and all that. But now? Now is just a heal with 80ft range (lol) with a tooltip value of 1000 and something and 1.2s cast time.

The mechanic is also broken. On live you just had to cast one skill to go from, let's say, 3 mork to 1 gork. Here you have to cast 3. 3 full GCD. that's crazy. if you are heal spec thosa are 3 wasted GCD because you hit like wet noodle and you don't have debuffs that let you switch the mechanic.

Finally, since @Kloaner talked about tactics, don't forget that shaman racial tactic have already been neferd to the ground. Run away and Whazzat behinde are now pretty much useless and, oppesed to AM, you don't have very good alternatives for them.
Zputadenti

Fey

Post#16 » Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:35 pm

I think the mechanic would be fine if, I'll Take That, was worth using. Popping off some offensive spells to use up Mork is good design, but FodG has a CD and nothing else is worth using. Maybe, Bleed for Me.

Atm the life tap just heals horribly, and there's no reason to use up mechanic points when you can just spam heals.
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan

bw10

Post#17 » Fri Jan 26, 2024 12:21 am

Fey wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:35 pm I think the mechanic would be fine if, I'll Take That, was worth using. Popping off some offensive spells to use up Mork is good design, but FodG has a CD and nothing else is worth using. Maybe, Bleed for Me.

Atm the life tap just heals horribly, and there's no reason to use up mechanic points when you can just spam heals.
maybe if they put a 5/10 sec cd on the mechanic and actually make the boost meaningful, like 100% for heals and direct damage spells, much less for dots and the channel. make it cap at 1 too.

Ysaran

Post#18 » Fri Jan 26, 2024 8:46 am

To fix the mechanic I think it would be enough to revert it to the live version. Every stack of waaaagh! will decrease AP cost and cast time and increase the damage of the appropriate skill by 20% per stack and the skill will consume every stack available. Anothe way, i think would be giving shaman a skill like BO's Changin' Da Plan. This second option would halve the number of GCD you need to go form x mork waaagh! to x gork waaaagh! and vice versa and reducing to two (one for Changin' Da Plan and one for the skill) the number of GCD you need to go from x gork waaagh! to 1 mork waaagh!.

About the lifetap I think that FoDG should have 100ft range and stationary cast (mirror of Gather Round) and that I'll Take That should be castable on the move if slotting Waaaagh! Frenzy (mirror of Gork'll Fix It).

P.S. Another way, i think would be to reduce the number of targets of FoDG and take away the CD. May things would have to be adjusted (range, ap cost, damgage, base healing, heal radius and damage radius) but this would make the lifetap much more performing and alsomake the class self sustained (no need for CDR) with the added benefit of partially fixing the mechanic
Zputadenti

Ads
bw10

Post#19 » Fri Jan 26, 2024 11:34 am

Ysaran wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 8:46 am To fix the mechanic I think it would be enough to revert it to the live version. Every stack of waaaagh! will decrease AP cost and cast time and increase the damage of the appropriate skill by 20% per stack and the skill will consume every stack available.
the live version seems fine. why was it changed at all?

Ysaran

Post#20 » Fri Jan 26, 2024 12:12 pm

bw10 wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 11:34 am
Ysaran wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 8:46 am To fix the mechanic I think it would be enough to revert it to the live version. Every stack of waaaagh! will decrease AP cost and cast time and increase the damage of the appropriate skill by 20% per stack and the skill will consume every stack available.
the live version seems fine. why was it changed at all?
Don't know. never played shaman on live. Guess they tought it was OP. Or maybe it was also ignored on live and so they thought they could do better.
Zputadenti