Recent Topics

Ads

WP 2h DPS Roam movie 2023

Fan art? Some amazing artists in here.
RvR Videos? 6v6 fights? Show off your skills!
Looking to stream the game? We encourage it!
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
yoluigi

Re: WP 2h DPS Roam movie 2023

Post#11 » Mon Jun 26, 2023 8:42 pm

Detangler wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 7:58 pm
yoluigi wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 4:22 pm
Detangler wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 12:58 pm

SW and BW don't self sustain with heals or rez. Seems people say a DoK dual wield DPS Is fine but a 2h WP is bad, when it sure seems like Yoluigi does just fine here.
Pretty much what scott said. Even in 1v1 a full bis choopa can beat me. I've got all my stats in strength but only 400 ws. When i do dmg it's because the WH does the armor debuff. or sw give me crit and wp shield give toughness debuff etc. It's only good at duo in bis and am running all cylinders using triple pot. Focusing on the right target using my 25% armor pen at the right time. It's the worst class in scenarios even at bis am useless. it's only playable if you got bis and a friend to support you i make these videos more for creativity. You do better with vanquisher Wh/slayer/wl/sw. The channel also dont stick as much as before which is annoying. On this videos my build is around big burst but my friend contract he easily does crit 1k-2k with his 800+ ws, 10k health and capped str. 1v1 i can win but tanks if they go regen high parry cant. it's in a weird spot like alwas i've put a fix where we could use Sigmar radiance but only heals allies which would make sense and be more usefull in scenarios. Playing any kind of 4 man + on this guy is really frustrating.
How is this significantly different than a DW DoK? I'm just curious, really. Seems people are ok with DoK damage but not 2H WP. The heal debuff proccing on crit for DoK is definitely a big help, but I dont see a ton of differences overall. I have zero real experience at high level DoK gameplay - I last played mine back before sov was introduced and you had to earn your oppressor gear the hard way (which I did :D )
Better aura that 20% slow. You can steal ap to resource dual weild means more proc overall 10% parry. more dot dmg abilities available. Play both and you will know. Overall order class are easier to deal when playing dok. On small scale chosen are better than knights etc all the order class are easier to deal if your a hybrid dps melee most destro class have better kiting (shaman, Zeolot aoe push back,Squig, magus stronger than engi, WE got absorb build making it imposible to heal with divine assault etc. The best class in order is the White lion it counter alot of destro kiting classes plus have good mobility against others. Order tend to have more dps overall but less mobility. The wp if i cant hit or people got absorb on them am dead which is 95% of situations.

Ads
Sinisterror

Post#12 » Mon Jun 26, 2023 8:57 pm

Scottx125 wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 1:13 pm
Scottx125 wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 12:37 pm
1k crit is pretty bad. I've seen SW crit at 4.6k. BW regularly does 3k crit+. The problem with the DPS of a WP is you're stat staved. You're melee which means you need enough health, reduce crit, ini to not splat instantly. But also you need high str and a decent chunk of armour pen as most of your abilities are physical damage. And many of the abilities have relatively low base damage/scale poorly.
SW and BW don't self sustain with heals or rez. Seems people say a DoK dual wield DPS Is fine but a 2h WP is bad, when it sure seems like Yoluigi does just fine here.
Yes, but this is the ONLY situation a WP excels in, 1v1 outlasting an opponent. And only really vs melee classes or tanks. As soon as you go up against anything ranged you're dead. Most Wrath WP don't tend to use ressing and your hots/healing are 50% less effective, so it only really mitigates damage and can't out-heal it. That's down to your life siphon. Outside of 1v1's, the Wrath WP doesn't work. Why would you take a mobility inhibited DPS that can kinda heal itself and kinda do damage, mainly ST and some AoE with 1-2 abilities. When you can have a Slayer or WL that can charge, do double the damage and also debuff enemy healing and armour AOE. And sure, SL die quickly alone, but you could say that about most DPS. Wrath WP sits in a weird middle space where it doesn't excel at anything. Doesn't do good damage, doesn't do good healing, doesn't do good support, doesn't have good mobility. And considering the current meta is ST burst damage or AoE sustain, Wrath doesn't really fit into either or those.

Edit! " The channel also dont stick as much as before which is annoying. " This so much THIS" This is not just some addon making quick interrupts these channels break, meaning if enemy is a little bit too far it will stop, i swear its MAX 10ft used to be so much smoother, all melee channels functioned like this anc you could use any one of them and run away from the enemy and it still would do pretty close to full 3 second cast. Because of 1-2s ICD proc rates are not that much higher unofortunately, i miss my Welf getting Double Kisses on Double hitting finishers!

Adding shield is to blame here, ofc there are other things as well but mostly shield. Shield removed would give Dps Dok/Wp Much needed Sigmar's Radiance/Transfer essence. Empowered Transfer/Grace of Sigmar tactics would hit 2 instead of 3 with DivineStrike/Consume Essence but dmg increased to 150% healing down to 75% of dmg dealt 30 ap cost 30 Rf/Se back. Fok/Judgement back to 15 ap cost 15 rf/se returned.

Remove Soul Ward/Shielding grace and replace them with Chant of Pain/Divine amazement. 45s CD. Sacrifice/Blood of my Blood usable whilst moving but CD increased to 50s instead of 20s. Fanaticism/Murderous Intent back to Core tactics. I think these are the main things, probably forgot something.

I would Add that Bludgeon/Cleave soul if they crit they would add 4s Dot, first tick ignores 25% armour then 50% to 75% and final tick ignores 100%. And at least 660 armour debuff in Wpn/Gear proc if not skill. + Critical dmg increase/Critical Hit Rate Increase proc for ALL CLASSES PLS! Not just WE/WH/SORC/BW.

Oh its not all bad, WP can heal Debuff 75% With Fortress/Subjugator wpn proc + Absence of faith! WP should def be able to Cleanse Shammy because its a big difference if you are fighting against Goblins even if dps AM is super strong, But Dok can Shatter AM Morale 1 Absorb!

Yoluigi wouldnt it kind of be that WP has more dots because of Guilty Soul? Sanq Extension is so little dmg on dot that its basically useless. Pls Change it to 50% HD and make old HD tactic some kind of Gulty soul "Copy "

Without Shield the Difference between Melee Healing Spec and Dps Spec would be AA Haste tactic whilst DPS'ing and Empowered Transfer/Grace Of Sigmar when Melee Healing spec. And I still hate the Idea of any class other than tanks BLOCKING skills. Man, Rampage has made people forget how POWERFUl Blocking is, and shouldnt be possibility on WP/DOK.

Oh why not, Make Rampage Great again like Live version instead of very op! Not ignoring Morale avoidances and NOT ignoring Guard mechanic(HOW THIS AINT CHANGED BACK YET HOW?)
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

yoluigi

Post#13 » Tue Jun 27, 2023 1:22 pm

Sinisterror wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 8:57 pm
Scottx125 wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 1:13 pm

Yes, but this is the ONLY situation a WP excels in, 1v1 outlasting an opponent. And only really vs melee classes or tanks. As soon as you go up against anything ranged you're dead. Most Wrath WP don't tend to use ressing and your hots/healing are 50% less effective, so it only really mitigates damage and can't out-heal it. That's down to your life siphon. Outside of 1v1's, the Wrath WP doesn't work. Why would you take a mobility inhibited DPS that can kinda heal itself and kinda do damage, mainly ST and some AoE with 1-2 abilities. When you can have a Slayer or WL that can charge, do double the damage and also debuff enemy healing and armour AOE. And sure, SL die quickly alone, but you could say that about most DPS. Wrath WP sits in a weird middle space where it doesn't excel at anything. Doesn't do good damage, doesn't do good healing, doesn't do good support, doesn't have good mobility. And considering the current meta is ST burst damage or AoE sustain, Wrath doesn't really fit into either or those.

Edit! " The channel also dont stick as much as before which is annoying. " This so much THIS" This is not just some addon making quick interrupts these channels break, meaning if enemy is a little bit too far it will stop, i swear its MAX 10ft used to be so much smoother, all melee channels functioned like this anc you could use any one of them and run away from the enemy and it still would do pretty close to full 3 second cast. Because of 1-2s ICD proc rates are not that much higher unofortunately, i miss my Welf getting Double Kisses on Double hitting finishers!

Adding shield is to blame here, ofc there are other things as well but mostly shield. Shield removed would give Dps Dok/Wp Much needed Sigmar's Radiance/Transfer essence. Empowered Transfer/Grace of Sigmar tactics would hit 2 instead of 3 with DivineStrike/Consume Essence but dmg increased to 150% healing down to 75% of dmg dealt 30 ap cost 30 Rf/Se back. Fok/Judgement back to 15 ap cost 15 rf/se returned.

Remove Soul Ward/Shielding grace and replace them with Chant of Pain/Divine amazement. 45s CD. Sacrifice/Blood of my Blood usable whilst moving but CD increased to 50s instead of 20s. Fanaticism/Murderous Intent back to Core tactics. I think these are the main things, probably forgot something.

I would Add that Bludgeon/Cleave soul if they crit they would add 4s Dot, first tick ignores 25% armour then 50% to 75% and final tick ignores 100%. And at least 660 armour debuff in Wpn/Gear proc if not skill. + Critical dmg increase/Critical Hit Rate Increase proc for ALL CLASSES PLS! Not just WE/WH/SORC/BW.

Oh its not all bad, WP can heal Debuff 75% With Fortress/Subjugator wpn proc + Absence of faith! WP should def be able to Cleanse Shammy because its a big difference if you are fighting against Goblins even if dps AM is super strong, But Dok can Shatter AM Morale 1 Absorb!

Yoluigi wouldnt it kind of be that WP has more dots because of Guilty Soul? Sanq Extension is so little dmg on dot that its basically useless. Pls Change it to 50% HD and make old HD tactic some kind of Gulty soul "Copy "

Without Shield the Difference between Melee Healing Spec and Dps Spec would be AA Haste tactic whilst DPS'ing and Empowered Transfer/Grace Of Sigmar when Melee Healing spec. And I still hate the Idea of any class other than tanks BLOCKING skills. Man, Rampage has made people forget how POWERFUl Blocking is, and shouldnt be possibility on WP/DOK.

Oh why not, Make Rampage Great again like Live version instead of very op! Not ignoring Morale avoidances and NOT ignoring Guard mechanic(HOW THIS AINT CHANGED BACK YET HOW?)
Lots of info haha but they have not patched the game for updating classes since forever and maybe forever unfortunatly. The channel dont know if it's a bug or not that is very annoying.

Scottx125

Post#14 » Tue Jun 27, 2023 3:12 pm

Don't worry, it'll be fixed with the ability system rework in 2 weeks :lol:.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

Zxul

Post#15 » Tue Jun 27, 2023 4:06 pm

I do wonder if part of it is all Wrath wps going for the same build, and never utilizing part of their tools.

Part of it is always going for aa haste- while you don't aa while channeling, which already makes aa haste a wasted tactic every time you are channeling DA.

From playing dok for quite a bit, and looking at things which wp has and dok doesn't:

Greave of Sigmar- that tactic is worth 360 points of stats, plus whatever scaling gives. 120 toughness debuff to give a nice boost to your dmg, 120 toughness to boost mitigation, and 120 str debuff to farther increase mitigation. Would be all over it if I had it on dok.

Empreror's Ward- from using chaos version on several toons, it is extremely effective when combined with high toughness. And it synergies very well with Greave of Sigmar.

Then there is also the fact that dok's heal debuff costs tactic slot and needs to bypass FS, while wp heal debuff is tactic free and is guaranteed to go off (unless parried).

Then there are also city dungeons 2h, which from what I remember have some interesting procs- while dok ones only have the dmg procs.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Sinisterror

Post#16 » Tue Jun 27, 2023 5:21 pm

Zxul wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 4:06 pm I do wonder if part of it is all Wrath wps going for the same build, and never utilizing part of their tools.

Part of it is always going for aa haste- while you don't aa while channeling, which already makes aa haste a wasted tactic every time you are channeling DA.

From playing dok for quite a bit, and looking at things which wp has and dok doesn't:

Greave of Sigmar- that tactic is worth 360 points of stats, plus whatever scaling gives. 120 toughness debuff to give a nice boost to your dmg, 120 toughness to boost mitigation, and 120 str debuff to farther increase mitigation. Would be all over it if I had it on dok.

Empreror's Ward- from using chaos version on several toons, it is extremely effective when combined with high toughness. And it synergies very well with Greave of Sigmar.

Then there is also the fact that dok's heal debuff costs tactic slot and needs to bypass FS, while wp heal debuff is tactic free and is guaranteed to go off (unless parried).

Then there are also city dungeons 2h, which from what I remember have some interesting procs- while dok ones only have the dmg procs.
Wp definetely gets better choices with procs, like 800 armour debuff on hit and on same wpn chance to get 45 AP while being hit. Reason why dps WP "needs" AA haste is that 4.2s wpn will hit harder than any other skill, except hammer of sigmar. And while you are channeling Divine assault right after AA hit, it also instantly hits with AA after divine assault. Also WP has Iniative debuff <3 and Oppressor has toughness debuff / iniative buff so 4 oppressor works very good for dps wp.

Well that is the reason why i use it always if im 2h. you can get 1500 hammer of sigmar crit and 1200 AA crit if you have armour debuff wpn proc and that is instant dmg + It basically hits same time as your last divine assault hit, so its alot of dmg in 1 second for WP. Guilty soul also Increases Wrath prayer dmg and if you use Divine justice Increase in Wrath prayer dmg is NOTICABLE.

Back when there was no ICD for procs, 2x dps dok utilizing bloodthirst with potent covenants, having Sorc in party with 10% + dmg increase for party + Frozen fury 75% Increase proc chance on Frozen touch! 40% proc chance for both dok vitality and torture procs and 75% Chance to proc sorc frozen touch: D party had 1 heal Zealot and 2h Black orc and 2h chosen. Man that party was IMPOSSIBLY GOOD. with a bit of luck every proc procced from both autoattacks (and aa haste tactic ruled!) and normal skill. Shame nothing like that is even close to possible anymore;/
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

Zxul

Post#17 » Tue Jun 27, 2023 11:16 pm

Sinisterror wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 5:21 pm Guilty soul also Increases Wrath prayer dmg and if you use Divine justice Increase in Wrath prayer dmg is NOTICABLE.
Guilty Soul seem a bit of a trap though. In theory its good, in practice the dot is too long- the actual dps is just a little bit higher than Backlash, and the potential +20% dmg does nothing for non-Wrath abilities like DA.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

Dackjanielz

Post#18 » Wed Jun 28, 2023 8:53 am

i think the design behind Wrath WP currently is that its supposed to be support DPS with AOE inside of a warband.....Or probably outside as no one wants it.

Trouble is this doesn't remove the fundamental flaw that once you spec in this direction you are a healer who no longer heals and that's bad.

Both AM/RP can still heal/support really well regardless of which build they spec for.
WP does not, not unless you bend over backwards like poor Yolugi here.

Ads
Zxul

Post#19 » Wed Jun 28, 2023 5:45 pm

To speak of wb, did anyone actually tested how much Essence Lash/Smite spam hits for, on a dok/wp specced for a full dps and with -25% armor ignore? I mean, dok/wp can spam those for 20 sec without outside buffs, not the worst aoe out there.

lemao

Post#20 » Wed Jun 28, 2023 6:52 pm

Nice one