Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 24/02/2023

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Akilinus

Re: Patch Notes 24/02/2023

Post#11 » Fri Feb 24, 2023 3:36 pm

When will I be able to join the solo only RvR?
Kkomrade 80 Zealot Akilinuz 80 Chosen Zaiyer 80 Marauder
Kkomrades 80 Black Guard Sauer 80 Squig herder Nosler 80 Witch Elf Soniq 70 Shaman

Ads
lemao

Post#12 » Fri Feb 24, 2023 3:41 pm

I think i speak for everyone when i say we want a 1v1 ranked mode.

Asderas27

Post#13 » Fri Feb 24, 2023 3:57 pm

RoR devs bowing down to their solo pug overlords.
Making RoR a #safespace 1 patch at a time.
Waiting for solo only city in next patch.
The Unlikely Plan
Ramjumper - Knight of the Blazing Sun
Shewhispers - Swordmaster
Punishingknock - Ironbreaker
TUP
Bellowabuser - Chosen
Moralepumper - Black Orc
Mindkiller - Blackguard

ravezaar

Post#14 » Fri Feb 24, 2023 4:11 pm

nice discordant change , good patch. stick it to the abusers
Ravezaar Slayer rr86
Ravezz Ironbreker rr82
Goingsolo Shadow Warrior rr81
Zutha Runepriest rr83
Raave Magus rr84 (finally gave in to Tzeentch whispers)
https://imgur.com/a/mlxv1nJ

Sulorie

Post#15 » Fri Feb 24, 2023 4:30 pm

Any guesses what will be next to explain losing in SC?

The 30s timer is a good change.
Dying is no option.

Kaelang

Post#16 » Fri Feb 24, 2023 4:34 pm

Asderas27 wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 3:57 pm RoR devs bowing down to their solo pug overlords.
Making RoR a #safespace 1 patch at a time.
Waiting for solo only city in next patch.
Let's cut the dramatics.

You still have a perfectly viable queue to run your premades in - this is to combat the people actively abusing the DC queue with premading because they want the easy wins as opposed to actually fighting a team who will fight back. The only 'safe space' in this context is the DC with premades taking advantage.

If you aren't a solo player, the DC changes shouldn't impact you in the slightest.
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

bittrio

Post#17 » Fri Feb 24, 2023 4:47 pm

I can dig it.

Solo players need somewhere to play and have fun w/o getting romped by premades and or duo's queuing together. If I'm just laid back playing SC's solo, it's more relaxed and casual. Let the true pugs battle it out.

I heard something about ranked. Is that still available?

If it is, we should have 2v2, 3v3, 4v4, 5v5, 6v6, 12v12, 24v24 ranked battles. Leaderboards, good rewards, all that.

I've only been playing ror for a few months now after having played at launch, so I don't know what the deal is. But I'd love a wow style ranked system where we could do premade small scale and have seasons or w/e. Good rewards are needed to make this a reality.

That's where the groups should play (ranked) while making the scenarios more pug friendly like this update just did.

I know some will complain because they like to farm, but for longevity and to attract new players this is needed. Otherwise the old players will chase out the new players.
78 Shaman
45 Chosen
40 Squig Herder
40 Bright Wizard

Digital dollars are free to create.

Kaelang

Post#18 » Fri Feb 24, 2023 4:50 pm

bittrio wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 4:47 pm I can dig it.

Solo players need somewhere to play and have fun w/o getting romped by premades and or duo's queuing together. If I'm just laid back playing SC's solo, it's more relaxed and casual. Let the true pugs battle it out.

If it is, we should have 2v2, 3v3, 4v4, 5v5, 6v6, 12v12, 24v24 ranked battles. Leaderboards, good rewards, all that.

I've only been playing ror for a few months now after having played at launch, so I don't know what the deal is. But I'd love a wow style ranked system where we could do premade small scale and have seasons or w/e. Good rewards are needed to make this a reality.

That's where the groups should play (ranked) while making the scenarios more pug friendly like this update just did.

I know some will complain because they like to farm, but for longevity and to attract new players this is needed. Otherwise the old players will chase out the new players.
We have a ranked 6v6 queue system both for solo-queue and for premade 6v6. The queue works as intended, and requested, but isn't utilised. We have seasons and had exclusive rewards - people didn't like that as it funnelled people into the system instead of leaving it to be a suitable system for 'balanced' queues.

A lot of the current concerns around the current SC matchmaking has already been addressed with the ranked queue system, 2/2/2, solo and premades etc. But people don't queue for it.

Begs the question as to why.
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

Ads
bittrio

Post#19 » Fri Feb 24, 2023 4:59 pm

Spoiler:
Kaelang wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 4:50 pm

We have a ranked 6v6 queue system both for solo-queue and for premade 6v6. The queue works as intended, and requested, but isn't utilised. We have seasons and had exclusive rewards - people didn't like that as it funnelled people into the system instead of leaving it to be a suitable system for 'balanced' queues.

A lot of the current concerns around the current SC matchmaking has already been addressed with the ranked queue system, 2/2/2, solo and premades etc. But people don't queue for it.

Haha it's because people love to make a party and farm pugs. I'll admit, it is fun, but after a bit, I want some competition. Otherwise it feels like you're playing against the computer and every game turns into spawn camping. It gets boring, but then you get the rr and wc rewards at the end of the battle so you get that dopamine hit. Maybe reduce the rewards in SC's when it's a blow out, might encourage ranked more.

Real PvP should be competitive.
78 Shaman
45 Chosen
40 Squig Herder
40 Bright Wizard

Digital dollars are free to create.

Detangler

Post#20 » Fri Feb 24, 2023 5:07 pm

bittrio wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 4:59 pm
Spoiler:
Kaelang wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 4:50 pm

Haha it's because people love to make a party and farm pugs. I'll admit, it is fun, but after a bit, I want some competition. Otherwise it feels like you're playing against the computer and every game turns into spawn camping. It gets boring, but then you get the rr and wc rewards at the end of the battle so you get that dopamine hit. Maybe reduce the rewards in SC's when it's a blow out, might encourage ranked more.

Real PvP should be competitive.
Its not really fun to farm pugs. most "premades" are just a random group of players that get tired of queuing solo and having no heals or no tanks on their side. I like having a guaranteed balanced group. most of these pug premades fold against real competition. Having a couple people that know how to assist is a boon to your side, as good lordly most players do not understand the basics of this game....
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable