Recent Topics

Ads

New Player and Classes

Come and tell us about yourself.
No better way to be part of the community than starting with a brief hello.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Akalukz

Re: New Player and Classes

Post#11 » Thu Sep 15, 2022 3:17 pm

Its a good class, but has it's draw backs if you are more of a solo player. It has a self-damage component to offset its high damage output. Still a good class, just tricky.
-= Agony =-

Ads
Emissary
Community Management

Post#12 » Thu Sep 15, 2022 3:21 pm

Cookiemanprime wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 2:56 pm Guys is the bright wizard bad? I can't find any one playing it until now in low lol pvp.
Or is rare?
I will let someone that plays a BW tell you more than I, but as far as needed BW buffs and their damage are always needed. Some people find them hard to level and play due to their mechanic literally can hurt them or even kill them if not used correctly.

There are a few of them (maybe 1 or 2 per wb of 24), but played right a BW is something awesome to watch in its sheer destruction that it can cause.
"Courage, Honor, Loyalty, Sacrifice. You're braver than you think."

Watch me on Twitch!!!

rejndjer
Suspended

Post#13 » Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:01 pm

Cookiemanprime wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 2:56 pm Guys is the bright wizard bad? I can't find any one playing it until now in low lol pvp.
Or is rare?
BW in end-game is strongest dps class in game. it simply dishes out highest dps numbers. side-effect of that, is that it's also the most squishy and hardest to level up. generally all dps classes are harder to level up than healer/tank. i would advise you to play your bw in rvr in open warband as much as possible, becuase in scenarios you probably won't have a guard, and without a guard you'll die very fast, because enemy team knows you deal most dmg and are squishiest target.

Cookiemanprime

Post#14 » Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:31 pm

Thank you guys

Fenris78

Post#15 » Thu Sep 15, 2022 5:10 pm

Shadow Warrior is very polyvalent but you need to know what to do with it ; dont play squishy ranged, go assault/skirm and you got same dps as other mdps, while still being tanky and able to kite and aoe support/debuff at a distance (plus you eat WEs and some other solo roamers who wont expect that).

Anyway, ranged SW is already overplayed (and badly) by many, same as engineer and Bright Wizard.
If you want to be meta, go melee (Slayer or White Lion).
Witch Hunter will pidgeonhole you into solo roaming most of the time, and assault SW is uber fun but you will be insulted by you kin is you dont perform to the best the class can do (meaning, endgame gear and fully optimized gameplay, wich is not "new player friendly").

Play a group/wb support class, like a healer (Runepriest, Warrior Priest) or a tank (Swordmaster, Knight), if you want to always find a spot in any group/warband any time of the day, and feel actually useful to your realm, plus feeling good playing underplayed class as well.

DEADJACK

Post#16 » Thu Sep 15, 2022 5:57 pm

Bw is hard to play because it's a glass canon and requires perfect positionning.
That's why most people prefer melee dps followed by healers (healers who are never cared about btw... both order and destro).

Also beware mate. From lvl 1 to 15 the feeling of classes has nothing to do with the feeling when you reach common lvl scenarios and rvr.

I explain : when you start you have basic skills and gear and the progression is balanced.
When you reach lvl 16 you play with lvl 40... yeah and to sum up you get smashed during 24 lvl.
It's even worse with premade groups where players have perfect focus and coordination.

So imagine your wizard get killed in seconds and for hours... days... maybe months when you play solo in scenarios and even worse in rvr.

As an example i just leveled an engineer (almost at 30). An absolute blast to lvl up, super fun to play and a ratio of kill that can reach 3 to 1.... wich is insane.
When i arrived in top tier... the ratio dropped to 1 to 2 or 0 to 2.

I surely suck in pvp but gear is essential, and when you shoot like a fanatic and nothing goes through enemy defences... it's infuriating.

Even worse when the opposite side gets 3 to 5 healers and fights turns just like a Benny Hill chase with never ending health bars and headaches....

On this good luck and please... be fairplay and respect players.

N.B : I advise you to go order for the simple reason that destruction has horrible cities where you need to travels too mcuh to get the stuff you need. In order pvp gear is almost all the time in the same room. Karaz a karaz is perfect for that and a very quiet location.

Streblo

Post#17 » Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:34 pm

I surely suck in pvp but gear is essential, and when you shoot like a fanatic and nothing goes through enemy defences... it's infuriating.
Just make sure you are taking advantage of the bolster mechanic.

For new players, when you’re level 16+ and playing in open RvR or scenarios your stats get scaled to account for your low level. I forget the exact level you get scaled to as a fresh 16, but as you level towards 40 the bolster decreases. By making sure you’re stacking the right stats and wearing talismans, you can actually be somewhat strong as a low level character. This starts to falloff as you approach 40 however.

Martok

Post#18 » Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:51 pm

Cookiemanprime wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 2:56 pmGuys is the bright wizard bad? I can't find any one playing it until now in low lol pvp. Or is rare?

The number of BW's being played tends to ebb and flow like the tides. Currently there are not that many, however it is a worthy class to invest in if you want to play ranged.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

Ads
Scottx125

Post#19 » Thu Sep 15, 2022 11:18 pm

tazdingo wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 8:29 am dps healers are the only truly overplayed classes
RDPS healers with the ability to get away quickly. Aka Shamans.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

karib

Post#20 » Fri Sep 16, 2022 1:32 am

Shaman is a difficult class to play, but you will certainly try some other classes before you really enjoy the game.
You can only be skilled if you know the playmechanic for your class.