Recent Topics

Ads

Return of Reckoning Raidcall Server - Info Within!

Talk about things which are not related to RoR or War.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
fifanutri

Re: Return of Reckoning Raidcall Server - Info Within!

Post#11 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:36 pm

'll connect when I wake up. Cheers!

Fut Coins

Ads
Halhammer

Post#12 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:18 pm

I'd prefer vent but it's kinda died.
Nooo, we're still usin it. Oldschool.
Halhammer - Gundoom - Vewywong et al. of DoE

chaoscode

Post#13 » Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:52 pm

Max, I can host a voice server if you want. Just let me know what kind. Lets save the bandwidth on this server for game playing :) I prefer teamspeak but we would need a licence that I would be happy to pay for as a donation to everyone.

Gnash

Post#14 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:05 pm

I know this is a resurrect, but:

I still am boggled that anything other than Raid Call is used. I've heard all (three or four) of the excuses, yet none of the others compares to Raid Call in clarity, latency, intuitive UI, smallest CPU footprint of ANY of them, can host 1,000 (yeah, one thousand) in a group moments after signing up at the main site, all 100% free all the time. Vent is a dinosaur with a ridiculous use of one's CPU. Don't care about the others because they're either NOT free, needlessly complicated, or suck system resources.

RC's servers are located in China... and? Still lowest lat of any of the comm VoIPs (hundreds of thousands of folks all over the world use Raid Call JUST for "global kareoke", no brainer for requires little to zero-ish lat for that to happen). Didn't work for me, staticy, robot sou.. blah, blah; spend five minutes at the Raid Call FAQ and most learn (some begrudgingly) it has NOTHING to do with Raid Call and all to do with their system settings and the inability to (admit it) change settings due to being too sophisticated for change or some such malarky. The Overlay is totally usable in RoR as it was in W.A.R.
Most pathetic gripe I've run into (only once): I don't have the option to stop someone from recording me....... Check this nifty info out: if ANYone wants to record you, no matter what halts you've thrown out there, all one need do is place a recording device next to one's speaker (or even ear-piece) and ... guess what? tee hee, you're burnt anyway.

As per "security": one has the option to password protect EACH and EVERY channel within one's Group (i.e., Server) with a different password, or make the entire group members only (must be approved by Admin) and visitors may only enter Lounge, or Group can be completely hidden and private from any search whatsoever. So if faction-only groups are your thing now and then, as long as you keep short leash on whomever else you make a group admin (I don't recommend getting generous with that title either; unless it's a family member/spouse/significant other, just promote to Channel Moderators) Heck you even have three different access options within each channel, so even if it were open to the public, one can still restrict who says/types (in chat window) what, and how much they're allowed to spew/type.

For those who're loners or part of small, close-knit mostly private groups, one doesn't have to fork dough for their own private VoIP; because it's ALWAYS FREE. As soon as you sign up at http://www.raidcall.com, one is eligible to create, iirc, two or three groups from the get! and shortly after your first group gets established (idr if it's a 'level' or amount of time, but it IS infinitesimal) you can create two more, for a total of five Groups (or Servers as most are used to) within a very short time.

Last excuse I've heard: not enough options. For WHAT? I'd rather speak/hear clearly/concisely/immediately while PLAYING rather than messing with silly fine tuning. Oh, and after downloading Foobar2000 (which is an impressive media player, and I was a major skeptic) that pumps tunes into whatever channel you desire, your group, or the group you're in, can Rock 'Em while you Sock 'Em! Caveat: the individual pumping the tunes has their PTT toggle turned off for the duration, so the MIC IS 100% hot 100% of the music play time, so uhhh, mute accordingly :lol:

Lastly, time spent in group, regardless of group owner, levels the group, allows the earning of badges by all participating, and earns credits for the Admin AND the group, plus it levels each individual within the whole system, making one eligible for small, simple rewards that others can view.

Don't go screaming at your current Vent/TS/whatever server supplier/renter. It's a new paradigm and long-time holders/renters/owners tend to be sensitive about what they've selflessly supplied for many years. It's sometimes (incredibly for some) difficult or uncomfortable to let go of that feeling of control/care-giving/feeling of belonging/importance. Don't be a **** about (like I was, alienating many wonderful people in the process) and remember, no matter how awesome and freeing Raid Call is, it's useless if you're there alone, and many of us gamers don't want change unless we discovered it and made the decision, and forcing/brow-beating others into what mostly/usually turns out to be a great fit for all, is a sure way to have the loneliest group of a thousand empty slots ever.

Raid Call is simply the best of every team VoIP available, minus the "super tweeks" and micro managing on some, plus none of the 'negative' or 'irritating' things that happen, imo, too often in Vent. It's freeing and free. Still, imo, cannot find one valid reason not to use, other than strict personal preference/refusal to change. In the end, no matter what you decide, IT'S FREE, so no loss even if it doesn't fit.

Cheers, and Good Hunting mates. :mrgreen:
"You're not 'someone' in this world until you're hated."
-GaruchillaJoe

"Warison"
-A bugle call to attack

zabis

Post#15 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:49 pm

Wall of text to precede...
Soulcheg wrote:Want mirrored classes - play chess.
Genisaurus wrote:You are not entitled to Best-in-Slot gear just because you log on.

Gnash

Post#16 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:24 pm

But... (and in light of recent immature Vent trolls, and the fact that...) Raid Call is FREE! No one needs to spend ANY money to have a secure, easy to implement RoR VoIP. And show me another VoIP for gamers that gives this much latitude in securing EACH channel in a multitude of ways to fit your guild's/group's playstyle. It just bums me out when I see intelligent folks, who earn their pay, throw it at something unneccessary when there's something as good, or better for FREE with the least hassle of any to set up. And I thought reviews were a good research tool?
http://voip.about.com/od/voipsoftware/f ... Review.htm

http://www.fnatic.com/content/8503

And I'm NOT sporting my group. There's already a Raid Call group, just see the OP. If not, takes maybe 5 minutes to sign up and download. :roll:
"You're not 'someone' in this world until you're hated."
-GaruchillaJoe

"Warison"
-A bugle call to attack