Recent Topics

Ads

Client download issues and troubleshooting

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Re: Client download issues and troubleshooting

Post#671 » Sun Dec 06, 2015 4:23 pm

right click war folder, select properties, cut off both thumbs, un-check read-only.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Ads
Tiggo
Former Staff

Post#672 » Sun Dec 06, 2015 4:51 pm

wargrimnir wrote:right click war folder, select properties, cut off both thumbs, un-check read-only.
or read the forum rules!
- Martock - Tiggo - Antigonos - Mago - Hamilkar - Melquart
- Smooshie (Destro)

Frenchtouch03

Post#673 » Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:23 pm

wargrimnir wrote:right click war folder, select properties, cut off both thumbs, un-check read-only.
Thanks for your response ! But now I have this problem (After following your instructions.) :

Data.myp:
System.Exception: You need to stop application currently using the following file: data.myp
à MYPHandler.MYPHandler.WriteFileToArchive(FileInArchive archFile, MemoryStream MS)
à MYPHandler.MYPHandler.ReplaceFile(FileInArchive archFile, FileStream newFile)
à RoRLauncher.Client.UpdateWarData()

¤¤¤

Merci de votre réponse !

Mais j'ai maintenant ce problème (Après avoir suivi vos instructions.) :
When I talk green is that I have the hate... Or I'm very motivated... But I'm a gay "luron" ​​!
Frenchtouch03, Choppa A... Adventurer. Avenger, dis waz befor', humie !

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#674 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:14 am

Frenchtouch03 wrote:
Thanks for your response ! But now I have this problem (After following your instructions.) :

Data.myp:
System.Exception: You need to stop application currently using the following file: data.myp
à MYPHandler.MYPHandler.WriteFileToArchive(FileInArchive archFile, MemoryStream MS)

¤¤¤

Merci de votre réponse !

File in use? Did you torrent? If so, the torrent application is still trying to distribute the WAR folder. Stop the upload or remove the torrent entirely. OR, make a copy of the entire folder if you would like to continue seeding. Otherwise, check your processes and make sure WAR.exe isn't still running in the background. Check the data.myp file to make sure it is certainly not set to read-only.

Serioskiller

Post#675 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:47 am

Frenchtouch03 wrote:

Data.myp:

¤¤¤

Merci de votre réponse !

Same issue. Before it plays perfectly.

Frenchtouch03

Post#676 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:14 am

wargrimnir wrote:
Frenchtouch03 wrote:

Data.myp:

¤¤¤

Merci de votre réponse !

File in use? Did you torrent? If so, the torrent application is still trying to distribute the WAR folder. Stop the upload or remove the torrent entirely. OR, make a copy of the entire folder if you would like to continue seeding. Otherwise, check your processes and make sure WAR.exe isn't still running in the background. Check the data.myp file to make sure it is certainly not set to read-only.
None of this works (No game in the background, reinstallation, read-only unchecked...). But I have another problem : when I want to start the game, an error message sends me "d3dx9_43.dll missing".
Serioskiller wrote:Same issue. Before it plays perfectly.
Welcome to the family ! Do you also the "d3dx9_43.dll missing" ?

¤¤¤

Rien de tout ça ne fonctionne (Pas de jeu en arrière plan, réinstallation inutile, lecture seule décochée...). Mais j'ai un autre problème : quand je veux lancer le jeu, un message d'erreur m'envoie "d3dx9_43.dll manquant".

Bienvenue dans la famille ! Avez-vous vous aussi le "d3dx9_43.dll manquant" ?
When I talk green is that I have the hate... Or I'm very motivated... But I'm a gay "luron" ​​!

Elven
Former Staff

Post#677 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:39 pm

"d3dx9_43.dll missing": Install the most up to date DirectX.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#678 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:02 pm

It's in the Download instructions, step 6.

Ads
GrecoGenoa

Post#679 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:58 am

Scuse me, I've an error. Everything seems ok, until I'm in the first page of the game where there isn't the PLAY button. The Log say this error

Data.myp:
System.InvalidCastException: Cast specificato non valido.
in System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHRInternal(Int32 errorCode, IntPtr errorInfo)
in System.Management.ManagementScope.InitializeGuts(Object o)
in System.Management.ManagementScope.Initialize()
in System.Management.ManagementObjectSearcher.Initialize()
in System.Management.ManagementObjectSearcher.Get()
in MYPHandler.MYPHandler..ctor(String filename, del_FileTableEventHandler eventHandler_FileTable, del_FileEventHandler eventHandler_Extraction, HashDictionary hashDic)
in RoRLauncher.Client.UpdateWarData()

What do I have to do?

Frenchtouch03

Post#680 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:50 pm

Elven wrote:"d3dx9_43.dll missing": Install the most up to date DirectX.
wargrimnir wrote:It's in the Download instructions, step 6.
Oooh, Elven ! You have a hat, now ! Nice hat, I mean... It's not that I do not like hats but... Nah, actually I mean that at the time it surprises but it's going very well you and...

*Flees*

Seriously, thank you both for your patience ! The game is ready, now ! I had completely forgotten DirectX, which is installed on my old computers ... It seemed so natural that I did not ask for this ! Thank you !

Oh la la, I stayed too long out of the fight ... Everybody has a mount, some great armor, weapons that tear ... I'm coming! It is only a matter of time!

¤¤¤

Oooh, Elven ! Tu as un chapeau, maintenant ! Beau chapeau, je veux dire... C'est pas que j'aime pas les chapeaux mais... Nan, en fait je veux dire que sur le moment ça surprend mais que ça te va très bien...

*S'enfuit*

Plus sérieusement, merci à vous deux de votre patience ! Le jeu fonctionne maintenant ! J'avais complètement oublié DirectX, qui est installé sur mes anciens ordinateurs... Ça me semblait tellement naturel que je ne me suis pas posé la question ! Merci !

Ah la la, je suis resté trop longtemps hors du combat... Tout le monde a une monture, de supers armures, des armes qui déchirent... J'arrive ! Ce n'est qu'une question de temps !