Recent Topics

Ads

[TUTORIALS FOR BEGINNERS] (Launching, errors...)

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
Yaliskah
Former Staff

[TUTORIALS FOR BEGINNERS] (Launching, errors...)

Post#1 » Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:39 am

Hi There !!

Here are some graphical advices , for new players :). These one are several tips to help those have common troubles with starting with RoR. Hope it will be helpfull and funny.
Note :
- Azarael made a post with many Q&A i recommend you to take some time and take a look, you will find a lot of usefull tooltips. just follow this LINK

YALI.

Where shall i put the RoR launcher ? And how to launch the game?

Can't launch the game, got something like : Error starting: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: blablabla
X:\Blablabla\YOURGAMEFOLDER\WAR.exe...

I have a LOGIN / PASSWORD problem...

I can't connect, i click on "CONNECT", nothing happens...

Ads
josh1822009

Re: [TUTORIALS FOR BEGINNERS] (Launching, errors...)

Post#2 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:08 am

it fixed the error but now i click connect and nothing happens at all

Yaliskah
Former Staff

Post#3 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:10 am

Close launcher and retry ( many times if needed ). We have expected some problems yesterday.

josh1822009

Post#4 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:14 am

ok thanks ill try that and let you know xD

josh1822009

Post#5 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:20 am

now it says pass/user name is not correct xD ill try comp restart might help

Yaliskah
Former Staff

Post#6 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:51 am

I have a LOGIN / PASSWORD problem...

crusadius

Post#7 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:22 pm

I have same problem. Downloaded the game, started the game, made a char and started playing. After the first scenario i got kicked out of the game. When i try to relaunch the game and click on connect, nothing happens!
I have closed and reopened launcher many times, but still.. nothing happens, does anyone have a fix for this?

Arsanist

Post#8 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:50 pm

I have this too :(
Arsanist - BW on live.

Ads
Adonis

Post#9 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:05 pm

I have a login issue, but I do not use any special characters or spaces. My password is literally only numbers and letters and my username is just "Adonis". I would think that login would be no problem, but it just isn't working. Any tips?

EDIT: Could it be that my password is too long? Every time I relaunch, it only remembers the first part of the password. This is leading me to think that perhaps it isn't working because it is only reading the first several characters. Could this be a possibility?

EDIT 2: I changed my password to one that is 8 characters (the amount of characters the launcher could remember from my previous password). It didn't give me that error anymore, but it still didn't launch. It gave me a new error:

Error starting: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Users\Marwan\Documents\Retrograde Mushrooms\Warhammer Online - Age of Reckoning\WAR.exe' is denied.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode)
at RoRLauncher.Client.patchExe()
at RoRLauncher.Client.Handle(PacketIn packet)

I guess my password works now, I just need to correct this error. Of course, this is an error this thread has an answer to, so that's no issue.

EDIT 3: It worked!

Yaliskah
Former Staff

Post#10 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:53 pm

I can't connect, i click on "CONNECT", nothing happens...