Recent Topics

Ads

Can Squig Herders pets not be so useless?

Let's talk about... everything else
lazzy1990

Can Squig Herders pets not be so useless?

Post#1 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:45 am

I like my Squig herder that I rolled seems pretty fun so far I just have a big problem with the pets.

I can't even use them for really anything. My tank Squig dies in 3 hits to mobs my own level? When I play Scenarios I'm forced to keep my pets on passive so they don't die and I lose my Bonus to my class.

I feel like I'm losing a big chunk of my classes DPS and losing a Mechanic that is suppose to be involved into this class.

It's just boring leaving my pet on passive to follow me around. I feel like my entire class is losing its identity. I may as well just play a Shadow Warrior.

When I played my White lion my pet never felt this awful it blazed into battle and destroyed people if they just ignored it. This is not the case with Squig pets.

Is it possible that we can tweak the numbers on the Squig pets to make them useful to our class?

Ads
magter3001

Re: Can Squig Herders pets not be so useless?

Post#2 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:50 am

Probably best to stay away from Pet Classes currently if you're not willing to deal with some of it's nuisance. I doubt the devs care, or able to, fix the AI with the pets as even the Mythic Devs (though nothing special) couldn't do that on Live.

You might as well have rolled a Shadow Warrior to tell you the truth. ;)

The Class is mainly for those that just love the squig herder's mechanics and abilities (or the fact that they are gobbos <3)
Agrot 35/40 Aggychopp 32/40
Grelin of Magnus/Badlands ;)

lazzy1990

Post#3 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:55 am

magter3001 wrote:Probably best to stay away from Pet Classes currently if you're not willing to deal with some of it's nuisance. I doubt the devs care, or able to, fix the AI with the pets as even the Mythic Devs (though nothing special) couldn't do that on Live.

You might as well have rolled a Shadow Warrior to tell you the truth. ;)

The Class is mainly for those that just love the squig herder's mechanics and abilities (or the fact that they are gobbos <3)
I love my Gobo classes. The problem is "squig herder's mechanics" just don't exist atm. The entire Squig part of the class is just worthless atm. I'm not so much worried about the pathing so much as I am worried about my pet not being two shot. My White lion pet had pathing issues ect... but it was at leased useful to the class as it is part of its identity.

Sulorie

Post#4 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:04 am

Use spiked squig and keybinds for attack and follow and you are done. Be happy that you have all skills without stance dancing.
Dying is no option.

lazzy1990

Post#5 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:08 am

Sulorie wrote:Use spiked squig and keybinds for attack and follow and you are done. Be happy that you have all skills without stance dancing.
I think this is a very silly statement to make. Yes I can do all that but that doesn't fix the glaring issues with the squig pets.

I don't think stance dancing on a SW to use certain abilities is nearly as bad as dealing with pets that don't function correctly and die all the time.

SW is also one of the better Solo classes in the game so i don't know why anyone would complain that plays a SW about a SH not having to stance dance.

Sulorie

Post#6 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:32 am

A ranged pet does not die, when you call it to follow you and only attack manually, when you attack as well.
Dying is no option.

woot

Post#7 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:42 am

Sulorie wrote:Use spiked squig and keybinds for attack and follow and you are done. Be happy that you have all skills without stance dancing.
+1
:twisted:

Stinkyweed

Post#8 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:41 pm

Squig pet attacks are buggy as heck right now. They used to have both special attacks, but now have only one. The ranged disarm never works off the pet special, if it works at all...it should work off any pet attack. Perhaps move disarm to be cast from the herder? It's nice to have the pets stay close now, but i think whatever was done had a negative effect on squig pet attack distance.

Using keybinds doesn't work as well as it did a few weeks ago.
Stinkyweed SH.86
Prowl WE.85
Blob Chop.82
Babaganoush Sham.7x
Negative Creep Z.5x
Motley Crue WH.5x
Scratch WL.3x

Don't fall asleep...don't fall asleep...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP7uxesyQWo

Ads
Razid1987

Post#9 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:52 pm

Having played Order I can only say how annoying Squigs are to fight against in the current state of the game. They run and shoot you through the walls and floors. If you get aggro, you'll keep taking damage until it's dead, no matter what. Keeping you in combat etc.

Morf

Post#10 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:25 pm

Unless something dramatically changed the past month or so i had no issues controlling my pet with the basic pet ui. The only thing for me was group heals not affecting the pet.
Morfee - Shaman / Mynnos - Kotbs / Grubod - Black Orc / Snubz - Squig Herder