Recent Topics

Ads

Ranked Season 7 is Starting!

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
joroth

Re: Ranked Season 7 is Starting!

Post#31 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:26 am

so in a mode where if you aren't near 100% bis you get the most awful toxic people screaming at you in Discord the reward for being in the top 3% of players is warcrests. :lol:

who ever thought of this has my seal of approval the gaslighting is 10/10
Eviljordy 80 dok
Thiccjordy 73 Witch Elf
Twitch.tv/eviljordy

Ads
Mergrim

Post#32 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:18 pm

Unfortunately nothing has been changed. Ranked will be dead again in 1-2 week.. I've played 2 sc and see no reason to play more.
The lack of insignia at 0 mmr prevents most people from continuing to try after a few games.
See you next season when we have 500 people online on weekend.

lemao

Post#33 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:11 pm

Mergrim wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:18 pm Unfortunately nothing has been changed. Ranked will be dead again in 1-2 week.. I've played 2 sc and see no reason to play more.
The lack of insignia at 0 mmr prevents most people from continuing to try after a few games.
Did you try winning some games ?

xxstealthxx

Post#34 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:05 pm

Middle finger to those of us awaiting the rest of the "balance changes." Priorities are interesting these days.
Last edited by xxstealthxx on Wed May 01, 2024 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tyrex2017

Post#35 » Wed May 01, 2024 1:15 am

Completed a few ranked scenarios. My opinion is this: intense fight, adrenaline, and no toxicity. But, the incentive to participate is bad: 0 renows and 2 WCs for the losing group, only 11k-12k renows for the winning group, 10 winning matches to complete is too much. and 15 WC for the winning group is not enough.

The losing group should receive 1k renow minimum and 10 WC. The number of winning scenarios should be reduced to 5. The winning group should receive 30 WC, 20k renow.

nebelwerfer

Post#36 » Wed May 01, 2024 1:24 am

hey
couple of things i need to suggest to selfishly improve my solo-Q experience.

ranked currency should be BoA like lotd currency, this way you can play on whatever is needed, rewarding flexible players who play a multitude of characters and increase the frequency of pops.
I am of the opinion that the same should work with city and dungeon currencies etc, but i digress.

solo ranked needs a lower bar of entry, it ought to be a game mode without potions - no armor, absorb and no healing-pots - because while these are essential to succeed in some game-modes like true solo roam, they only distort this modes prime objective and help increases the time to kill beyond what's reasonable considering the games limitations on CC and defensive vs offensive morales - so without getting lost in the weeds of balance, banning pots would suffice for this game-mode.

When situations happen frequently where kills are rare or can only be made if teams are unevenly matched due to the multitude of "oh-****-buttons" available to most classes or due to the longevity of the match and people get bored of spamming same rotation for 15 minutes, lose focus etc change is warranted.

Maybe solo Q would benefit from being more standardized and require wearing low to mid-tier gear like conq or vanq making it more welcoming, increasing the viable player-pool and making this more of a skill-check than a renown, gear and resource-roll? Another advantage to this change would be that games ending by score instead of time will increase the frequency of games - making the goal less daunting and more games for all.

There could still be a solo Q mode for rr80+ players where you can use anything, optional of course - i wouldn't want to force split the players above and below 80 here.

tldr:
1. Making the triumphant emblems Bound on Account will let people fill whatever role is needed for more matches.
2. it's too easy to avoid deaths in a game mode where kills are all that matters. it's better to have too many kills than too few.
3. The imbalance in players progression is too big, lowering the bar of entry is needed. By standardizing equipment and consumables in this game-mode you can increase the number of matches.

That's all, thx for reading. hope it made sense somewhat :geek:
and ty for all continuously putting in work on the server :)

Mergrim

Post#37 » Wed May 01, 2024 5:31 am

lemao wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:11 pm
Mergrim wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:18 pm Unfortunately nothing has been changed. Ranked will be dead again in 1-2 week.. I've played 2 sc and see no reason to play more.
Did you try winning some games ?
Yes, I won and tied. I've never had a problem getting enough mmr for the insignia. But I see where this is going, all the people who try ranked games give up after a few. If there was an insignia for every win, such people would still try. The system is poorly designed, soon people will reach a higher mmr and the games will not start, and we end in waiting que symulator.
I have already proposed changes to the system itself. Win +1 lost -1 draw 0, give insignia on 0mmr win, and you will have ranked alive 24/7. But noone listen.

Hazmy
Community Management

Post#38 » Wed May 01, 2024 11:55 am

xxstealthxx wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:05 pm Middle finger to those of us awaiting the rest of the "balance changes." Priorities are interesting these days.

The launch of a Ranked Season is automatically handled by the system and does not affect balance changes nor requires reallocation of development resources.

Balancing is an on-going process that will take some time, meanwhile the Return of Reckoning Team still has responsibilities for all other aspects of the Project too to maintain and support.

Ads
Gangan

Post#39 » Wed May 01, 2024 3:11 pm

xxstealthxx wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:05 pm Middle finger to those of us awaiting the rest of the "balance changes." Priorities are interesting these days.
Testserver got some new stuff
:arrow: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=53024
Pächter des Wahnsinns
Gangan - SH 75 .... Blumnmoscha - BO 63
Scophis - Zealot 73 .... Drengur - WP 64
Iznogoud - Sham 50+ .... Bixo - Engie 50+
Apogemoth - Magus 40+ .... Loarelle - AM 65
originating from Drakenwald

Tyrex2017

Post#40 » Thu May 02, 2024 12:24 am

1 scenario win or loose = 1 insignia, or this part of game will be dead again in 15 days. The reward for participation is pitiful. No incentive for to join as solo q.