Recent Topics

Ads

[WH] / [WE] small balance change suggestions.

Structured balance proposals should be posted here. Posts in this section will be taken into account during class balance reviews.
Panzer80

[WH] / [WE] small balance change suggestions.

Post#1 » Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:35 pm

I think WH class could be made more competitive by making some small changes. As anyone who plays the WH class knows, WH can't get away with stacking defense while keeping solid dps like WE. WH doesn't have the frequency of resist dmg, nor as good of defensive tactics. I have no complaints about the state of the riposte tactic mind you, leave it alone, it's fine. I also have no problem with the defense WE builds. That makes WH and WE different, and that's fine. However, the unimaginative copy-paste mechanics between the two classes seems to be the crux of the problem in my view. Afterall this game was admired for its quasi-mirror (not exact mirror) classes, originally.

[WH] First, all pistol attacks require dodge rather than parry to be defended. It's a gun (range weapon), that alone is enough for most people. This would also mean WH's would have a hybrid toolset of attacks, thus improving hit rates and reducing riposte spam (which is decimating WH atm). WH class atm is the lone sorc killing machine... Versatility also fits a rouge like theme such as the WH. Second, burn away lies ability can't be 5ft range if it's a gun, and if we're to keep up this theme. Give it 15 ft range (reduce dmg by%) to compensate and tool tip it as more of a shotgun spread attack with less range than normal.

[WE] Is even easier. All dagger finishers are 5ft range. Thats it. Keep the OP defense builds that rely on corp dmg. All fine if they have to actually get in there and risk getting hit. Actual, get this, dagger range like attacks! WE can even keep resist dmg bonus on dagger toss. It makes sense to have poisoned throwing daggers, just not 30-foot stabs.
Nihrandil [SM] 84, Arendollus [WL] 83, Caelroran [SW] 56, Thaler [WH] 82, Tionac [AM] 54, Hocke [Kotbs] 51
Gilgamash [BO] 82, Kaylor [Mara] 82, Gobsmack [Sham] 63 Jockitch [SH] 55

Ads