Recent Topics

Ads

Post Ability Rework Balancing Roadmap - Developer Update March 2024.

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
CyunUnderis

Re: Post Ability Rework Balancing Roadmap - Developer Update March 2024.

Post#81 » Fri Mar 08, 2024 7:15 am

CountTalabecland wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:30 pm The devs need to revert the recent balance patches.

Order is in shambles and has been nerfed into the ground.

Like 80% of the people are playing Destro now and PvDoor is worse than ever.

IT must be reverted.
RvR Kills 19h to 22h over the last 14 days, during EU prime time :
Spoiler:

"nerfed into the ground"

And if we search for 30 days, or more, Order is still first.

Ads
GONDOR

Post#82 » Fri Mar 08, 2024 7:55 am

CyunUnderis wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 7:15 am
CountTalabecland wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:30 pm The devs need to revert the recent balance patches.

Order is in shambles and has been nerfed into the ground.

Like 80% of the people are playing Destro now and PvDoor is worse than ever.

IT must be reverted.
RvR Kills 19h to 22h over the last 14 days, during EU prime time :
Spoiler:

"nerfed into the ground"

And if we search for 30 days, or more, Order is still first.
While I don't disagree with your attempt to manage an exaggeration, I gotta ask you why does only EU matter?

There are more timezones than just EU that play on the server, some of those TZ are seeing some pretty nasty fluctuations. We've also seen pretty big drops in overall player faction split, inline with each of the balance patch drops.

Image (data is a week old, but it's currently 49.4 to 50.6)

More to the point about kills; without a tz kill heatmap its a bit of a nothing number - EU has more players, more players are killed, kills are tracked on a raw volume. All kills really show is which faction dies the most during the busiest timezone.

I think it's such a misuse of data to use homogenised kill data as a balance quantifier.

CyunUnderis

Post#83 » Fri Mar 08, 2024 8:12 am

GONDOR wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 7:55 am While I don't disagree with your attempt to manage an exaggeration, I gotta ask you why does only EU matter?

There are more timezones than just EU that play on the server, some of those TZ are seeing some pretty nasty fluctuations. We've also seen pretty big drops in overall player faction split, inline with each of the balance patch drops.
I can't speak about other TZ, that is why I took EU prime time as an example. NA is known for its many PvDoor nights where one side has more organized WBs and the other side nothing or not the will to organize.
But that has nothing to do with one faction being stronger than another, because it is not the case (both side has strong tools at the moment). It is, as usual, a question of how the players are playing the game (good build, good composition, organization or not, ability to press buttons and assist correctly, etc.).

CountTalabecland

Post#84 » Sat Mar 09, 2024 1:08 pm

Of all things why would Order tanks get nerfed?

Barely enough people play them at the best of times and now IB/SM are weaker.

I just can't see how the changes were meant to solve the problems the server actually has.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Kinja

Post#85 » Sat Mar 09, 2024 10:32 pm

Without any comment on current balance, since i haven't played since before any of the changes, i'm just curious if you guys have considered completely doing away with the old system?

I never understood some people's desperate clinging on to the current indirect mirrors system. It's a bad system and has never done this game any favors despite what some here seem convinced. I've played this game on and off since it was in Open Beta back in 2008, and it has done nothing but harm the game. Mythic never managed to get the game anywhere near a state of decent class balance due to it, neither has this server and neither will any server in the future. No matter the changes some will be over others and not in the usual "well someone has to be at the top of the DPS meter" way you see in other MMOs. It's like drawing straws, some classes got lucky and got the good version of a skill or passive while others got the crap version because the Mythic devs had to make it different and couldn't come up with anything better.

I think it's also always lead to discord among the playerbase over perceived favoritisms since if you nerf the better one to make it less attractive you piss someone off and if you buff the bad one to make it more attractive you piss someone else off. Just look at all the endless arguments over WEs and WHs, Slayers and Choppas, KOTBS vs Chosen, etc back on retail and here too. "Oh you can't have both classes be viable at the same things because mirror bad!!!" A lot of them would have been avoided if the classes were mirrored.

And before anyone says balance was good/better back in the day on retail and it's just the devs here doing a bad job, yeah, it was so good that the game lost like 80% of the playerbase over the first 6 months. It was really stellar.

akisnaakkeli

Post#86 » Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:05 am

Kinja wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 10:32 pm Without any comment on current balance, since i haven't played since before any of the changes, i'm just curious if you guys have considered completely doing away with the old system?

I never understood some people's desperate clinging on to the current indirect mirrors system. It's a bad system and has never done this game any favors despite what some here seem convinced. I've played this game on and off since it was in Open Beta back in 2008, and it has done nothing but harm the game. Mythic never managed to get the game anywhere near a state of decent class balance due to it, neither has this server and neither will any server in the future. No matter the changes some will be over others and not in the usual "well someone has to be at the top of the DPS meter" way you see in other MMOs. It's like drawing straws, some classes got lucky and got the good version of a skill or passive while others got the crap version because the Mythic devs had to make it different and couldn't come up with anything better.

I think it's also always lead to discord among the playerbase over perceived favoritisms since if you nerf the better one to make it less attractive you piss someone off and if you buff the bad one to make it more attractive you piss someone else off. Just look at all the endless arguments over WEs and WHs, Slayers and Choppas, KOTBS vs Chosen, etc back on retail and here too. "Oh you can't have both classes be viable at the same things because mirror bad!!!" A lot of them would have been avoided if the classes were mirrored.

And before anyone says balance was good/better back in the day on retail and it's just the devs here doing a bad job, yeah, it was so good that the game lost like 80% of the playerbase over the first 6 months. It was really stellar.
Game lost most players because fortresses had 5-10s delays the whole 100% time of the fights so they never worked and thats why were eventually taken away except as relic runs. Also the lack of real endgame + about 50 too many servers then being very very too slow to merge/allow free transfers + EA forced WAR release about an year early because they wanted to be out before wrath of the lich king, which is probably the biggest reason if i had to choose one why most players were gone in 1 year.

No true mirrors ever pls. I dont understand why people would want less options to play how they want? Nobody who wants balance thru 100% Mirrors have not played both sides and enough characters. Also are we deleting SH/SW/MARA/WL completely from the game because these are 4-way indirect mirrors of themselves?

True balance starts with 6-9 Aoe cap because tanks are not designed to survive these amounts of dmg in RVR settings. And Healers are not designed to Heal through 24 ae cap. Again in RvR fights when it took 2.5 players hitting 24 people with 9 ae cap the 8+1 tanks in WB made it so that tanks actually soaked the dmg enough to protect guardees and ACTUAL kiting with wb was possible. Undefendable skills shouldnt go through Morale avoidances, Exceptions are Dmg morales those hit even with 100% Parry morale up. Undefendable skills should definetely not be undefendable to Guard Mechanic this is super obvious so this revert as well.
16 × 24=384
16 × 9=144 i mean it is kind of obvious ffs=)