Recent Topics

Ads

TOO MUCH DPS

Let's talk about... everything else
Zxul

Re: TOO MUCH DPS

Post#11 » Fri Mar 01, 2024 8:34 pm

vanbuinen77 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 7:30 pm Its the proc meta thats causing so much damage as they arnt affected by avoidance
Nothing to do with procs. Every dps has now free 10% strikethrough, those who use 2h (like wl) have another 10% on top of that, while rpds usually have some extra strikethrough mods on equip. That is already enough to fully nullify avoidances from renown.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Ads
Bozzax

Post#12 » Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:08 pm

Most means most not all but feel free to name him and I’ll check your stats on killboard

You might be an exceptional player who knows btw as you did play live you also know healers was much stronger there especially non rp / zele that don’t benefit as much from absorb (non crits) changes and suffer the ror abundance of armor penetration and ignore
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

kklikk

Post#13 » Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:27 am

I think what Im experiencing comes from any type of 1vs2,3,4,5 ect.
when youre facing more than 1 opponent it just seems really impossible to outplay them enough to get a kill, unless maybe you are a high dps class.

The game is based around a 'team', yet your character isnt really fit with the health pool to deal with more than 1 person, without help from your 'team'.

Like in t4 when wbs are roaming and your wb gets flanked, well its pretty much game over. Ive always hated that, unless youre getting supported in some sense, there isnt much you can do.
Its like this in a broader sense, there isnt much reaction time to a lot of things in the game, especially if you dont have the proper 'team'.

Ive really noticed it a lot more since the ability patch. It seems very tuned to 6 mans, or a 'perfect team', to win.
Carrying scs used to be a normal expereince. now if the team is bad, its almost impossible.
Im not sure where this change came from. But I notice it a lot.

I main order and there is always a heavy melee train in a lot of circumstances. If people dont peel them or get out of the way, its just over.
There is little to no room for outplaying or manuevering in situations where there seemed to be more in the past.
Like all the number values have been extremely tuned and if the other side is putting out better values, its over. there is no room for error, because of how heavily dependent your whole team is on each other for those values.
Its much more evident now than it has ever been I think. which makes a lot of fights very very one sided and also not very much skilled based.

geezereur

Post#14 » Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:53 am

Ysaran wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 3:11 pm Yeah, tank life is hard bellow lvl 40. Some Def specced tank are almost unkillable in 1v1
I feel like some things like block is really unbalanced atm some of these tanks are immortal out here.

Ysaran

Post#15 » Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:51 am

geezereur wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:53 am
Ysaran wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 3:11 pm Yeah, tank life is hard bellow lvl 40. Some Def specced tank are almost unkillable in 1v1
I feel like some things like block is really unbalanced atm some of these tanks are immortal out here.
not really. i mean, sure they are immortal but they deal zero damage. to the point that thay can't even kill an unguarded offensive specced dps. that kind of spec is fine for wb but it's pretty useless in every other kind of content (solo, small gorup six man, sc, ranked and so on)
Zputadenti

Rabenfeder

Post#16 » Sat Mar 02, 2024 11:27 am

If you don't have 100% of the best equipment and use the right skill, you'll never be happy with your character in 1v1. The endgame is designed so that you have the top equipment and play your character mainstream, everything else doesn't work.

It only depends on DPS, critical hits and co.
If you consider, as an example, that the magus with the demon skill is also supposed to be a melee fighter and that every WH gives me critical hits of over 5000, the demon skill is useless.

So it doesn't help, you have to struggle through it or you get to the point where, sooner or later, especially those who don't play at their limit or who are new don't feel like playing anymore.

Zxul

Post#17 » Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:07 pm

Rabenfeder wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 11:27 am If you don't have 100% of the best equipment and use the right skill, you'll never be happy with your character in 1v1. The endgame is designed so that you have the top equipment and play your character mainstream, everything else doesn't work.

It only depends on DPS, critical hits and co.
If you consider, as an example, that the magus with the demon skill is also supposed to be a melee fighter and that every WH gives me critical hits of over 5000, the demon skill is useless.

So it doesn't help, you have to struggle through it or you get to the point where, sooner or later, especially those who don't play at their limit or who are new don't feel like playing anymore.
Probably a place to mention that on my magus mostly in dom I kill whs just fine lol. Time to work on your spec.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh