Recent Topics

Ads

Claiming Live Event Rewards

Let's talk about... everything else
Orontes

Claiming Live Event Rewards

Post#1 » Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:32 pm

I had a prior Live Event Reward slotted on my character(s). This was the Keg End event. The benefit for it end(ed) Feb. 26th. The rewards for the most recent Live Event were showing with the Herald yesterday, but are gone today. I need to pick up the rewards still. I haven't seen that older events were completely removed before. How should I proceed?

Thanks for the help.

Ads
Orontes

Re: Claiming Live Event Rewards

Post#2 » Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:00 pm

Comments from Devs? I'm not sure how to proceed.

Nameless

Post#3 » Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:58 pm

Forget it, and next time take the reward at appropriate time. Rvr/scen weeklies give even slot item claim it an use it. It is good enough
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

Orontes

Post#4 » Tue Feb 27, 2024 7:56 pm

Nameless wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:58 pm Forget it, and next time take the reward at appropriate time. Rvr/scen weeklies give even slot item claim it an use it. It is good enough

My recollection is previous Live Events etc. were still available at the Herald well past their expiration. I'm not aware of any notice there was a deadline to retrieve awards. Absent that, I think rewards should still be collectable.

georgehabadasher

Post#5 » Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:57 am

While more precise communication about these events, especially in-game, would be appreciated, there's basically no chance you get any redress in this case. =<

waerter

Post#6 » Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:45 am

I have also a question about the Live Event Items:
At the Keg End there where some Flasks promised as Appearance Event Item. The news stated that the models are ready and they will be patched into the game while the Event was running. Meanwhile they had the appearance of a mug.
But unfortunately this import did not happen yet. So my question is: Will those flasks-models be patched into the game any time soon or must I wait until the next Keg End so that the can be presented as brand new Appearance Item?

Orontes

Post#7 » Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:11 pm

Interesting there is no official response on this. It seems a basic question. If one hosts event things X and there is an established pattern of obtaining rewards post conclusion:

why would that change with no announcement, so event participants can take action?

if a change to the protocols was made with no announcement, why not allow an opportunity for participants to redeem their earned rewards?

Having a standard, or changing that standard is fine, but to do so with no notice so patrons can adjust seems odd. How does this benefit the game experience or improve the game??

Hazmy
Community Management

Post#8 » Thu Feb 29, 2024 5:16 pm

I'm sorry to hear that you missed claiming the last Event Item from The Night Murder, but unfortunately we can not restore Event Rewards that players forgot to redeem or missed.

It has been our policy and standard protocol that the Event Heralds remain active for 5 Days after the end of an Event, and it has been so for the past 2 Years, including the last Night of Murder that ended on the 19th!

As always we recommend claiming your rewards as soon as possible in order to avoid losing out on them!
waerter wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:45 am I have also a question about the Live Event Items:
At the Keg End there where some Flasks promised as Appearance Event Item. The news stated that the models are ready and they will be patched into the game while the Event was running. Meanwhile they had the appearance of a mug.
But unfortunately this import did not happen yet. So my question is: Will those flasks-models be patched into the game any time soon or must I wait until the next Keg End so that the can be presented as brand new Appearance Item?
We also haven't forgotten about the Keg End Trophy Models and they are in the pipeline!

Ads
Orontes

Post#9 » Fri Mar 01, 2024 2:47 am

Hazmy wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 5:16 pm I'm sorry to hear that you missed claiming the last Event Item from The Night Murder, but unfortunately we can not restore Event Rewards that players forgot to redeem or missed.

It has been our policy and standard protocol that the Event Heralds remain active for 5 Days after the end of an Event, and it has been so for the past 2 Years, including the last Night of Murder that ended on the 19th!

As always we recommend claiming your rewards as soon as possible in order to avoid losing out on them!
waerter wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:45 am I have also a question about the Live Event Items:
We also haven't forgotten about the Keg End Trophy Models and they are in the pipeline!
Thank you for the response.

If this has been the policy for the past two years, is this posted anywhere? I wasn't aware of it and purposely didn't claim my rewards until the Live Event prior award had expired: looking to extend each as much as possible. Unfortunately, this ended up being a day late based on this policy I didn't know about.

Could I recommend a note when rewards can be last claimed be added into the reward page with the Herald?