Ads

Patch Notes 06/02/2024

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Dackjanielz

Re: Patch Notes 06/02/2024

Post#171 » Fri Feb 09, 2024 1:12 pm

just to throw in my 2 cents.

i think SM could do with a minor tune up, Redirected force for example is basically a non ability at the moment.

WODS nerf was a bit harsh for a class that not many folks were playing - id like to suggest a cool idea for this ability - make it defend attacks from your guarded target.

this would make the 2h khaine tree have some tank utility but i think it would be really interesting to have a tank that supports RDPS instead of MDPS.

Knight and IB i'm mostly happy with overall i think, good stuff praise there.

As for Rampage - ive seen some debates on how much nerfed this is but some claim its much better now, im not certain i see the upsides but perhaps in time i will, a random suggestion for Trollslayer path i would like to throw out is the idea of a mirror tactic that does the opposite to power through, instead of endlessly gaining rage maybe you gain zero rage and remain in the green. It is after all a tree that's more built for defensive + survival than super damage.

Ads
Detangler

Post#172 » Fri Feb 09, 2024 2:06 pm

ravezaar wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 9:53 am
yea it is a huge nerf by 70%+ and its duration is cut in half, only thing it dosent exhaust u rage but thats minor compared to how it was, completly a over-nerf wihtout giving Slayer any dps compensation makes it a fairly weak class atm. I wouldnt even take Rampage in its current state to little duration to have such poor effect.

Des calling it anything other then a huge nerf is either players who have no clue or a joke. good ol Get Guud from Des as always. This was a Des favoured patch without question. But balance may swap to Order next patch so it is what it is.
Chop Fasta removed, replaced with a different strong aoe damage ability. "Oh, poor Choppa lost utility, here lets increase GtdC damage to compensate."

Slayer gets Rampage toned down. Compensation? "Get guud scrub."

IB gets Heavy Blow nerfed. GnM replaced with watered down mirror of a Black Orc ability with less utility and damage. Compensation? "Get guud scrub."

What bias you talkin about?
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

Aethilmar

Post#173 » Fri Feb 09, 2024 4:20 pm

I'm not an expert on IB, but sounds like they took it in the shorts at least for 2H if nothing else.

I will say that SM is objectively less durable than it was before these patches, does less damage and its existing buffs/debuffs have lost potency in exchange for ST punt they already had access to and a highly situational movement buff.

And Knight got buffed.

And just so folk are aware, SM and IB are two of the least played classes overall and are, by a big margin, less popular than Knight.

#Balance

Farrul

Post#174 » Fri Feb 09, 2024 4:45 pm

Detangler wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 2:06 pmIB gets Heavy Blow nerfed. GnM replaced with watered down mirror of a Black Orc ability with less utility and damage. Compensation? "Get guud scrub."

What bias you talkin about?
Although GnM is said to come back the treatment of the class is worrying imho, It lacks clarity of what the class really needs.
Aethilmar wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 4:20 pm I'm not an expert on IB, but sounds like they took it in the shorts at least for 2H if nothing else.
As for 2h IB's they are supposed to be in a ''great spot'' with the ''highest tank burst'' ( this isn't really true, it depends entirely on the target and IB dots are pathetic vs toughness/armor even the old Heavy blow ) they are forced to use up a tactic slot to enable their class mechanic . The mirror class gets this ''feature'' for free.

2H IB is in reality a 3 tactic slot class in anything less than huge warband fights. This isn't a great spot to be in. The old argument that small scale doesn't matter when it comes to balance is no longer valid considering Heavy blow as a singletarget skill is irrelevant in large scale aoe metas.
Last edited by Farrul on Fri Feb 09, 2024 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Incubz

Post#175 » Fri Feb 09, 2024 4:58 pm

BG shutdown :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

PROsiak

Post#176 » Fri Feb 09, 2024 5:24 pm

Aethilmar wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 4:20 pm I will say that SM is objectively less durable than it was before these patches, does less damage and its existing buffs/debuffs have lost potency in exchange for ST punt they already had access to and a highly situational movement buff.
Where do SM gets his movement buff? Pardon me if i'm blind.
And the punt they got is unfortunately really bad. You need to use a tactic to make it usable, which sadly requires you to sacrafice either some survivability or utility.

Cardiff

Post#177 » Fri Feb 09, 2024 5:35 pm

Detangler wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:50 pm Maybe I missed the cacophany of cries about Ironbreaker damage being too strong on these forums. Anyone else able to find these threads somewhere?
https://killboard.returnofreckoning.com/kill/31057411

Omegus

Post#178 » Fri Feb 09, 2024 6:04 pm

Cardiff wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 5:35 pm
Detangler wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:50 pm Maybe I missed the cacophany of cries about Ironbreaker damage being too strong on these forums. Anyone else able to find these threads somewhere?
https://killboard.returnofreckoning.com/kill/31057411
5 GCDs on an Ironbreaker did 33% more total damage than 1 GCD from a Slayer...
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Ads
Culexus

Post#179 » Fri Feb 09, 2024 6:45 pm

Are we really going to have to go through this 'sky is falling' stuff every few weeks? It has been said many times that we are at the beginning of the full balance changes, what seems like a nerf in one patch could lead to a buff in another. Getting worked up over changes until we have a complete picture is pointless.

We know there is something in the works to provide the community with more info on where all this is leading. Hopefully this will bring some clarity and calm some fears.
Bigun - 85 Black Orc
Brian - 70+ Choppa
Taff - 70+ Warrior Priest
Karak Norn Veteran

Dackjanielz

Post#180 » Fri Feb 09, 2024 6:45 pm

Aethilmar wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 4:20 pm I'm not an expert on IB, but sounds like they took it in the shorts at least for 2H if nothing else.

I will say that SM is objectively less durable than it was before these patches, does less damage and its existing buffs/debuffs have lost potency in exchange for ST punt they already had access to and a highly situational movement buff.

And Knight got buffed.

And just so folk are aware, SM and IB are two of the least played classes overall and are, by a big margin, less popular than Knight.

#Balance

Yeah it is true IB and SM were some of the least played classes so some of the nerfs do confuse me, knight has always been our champion tank.
Not that his changes are bad tho, they great, just uhhh....Not sure he needed them as much is all.