Ads

Patch Notes 06/02/2024

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
MaxHayman
Management

Re: Patch Notes 06/02/2024

Post#151 » Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:46 pm

Going to lock this for a while. I'll get a CM to unlock it later.
Max Hayman

Ads
Vegetaplays
Community Management

Post#152 » Thu Feb 08, 2024 4:15 pm

Please do not de-rail the thread and engage in personal attacks and harassment.

This is a general warning for the thread, you are free to continue to discuss the patch notes but please keep it civil, adhere to common courtesy otherwise we will start issuing warnings according to the Code of Conduct.

Vegetaplays
Community Management

Post#153 » Thu Feb 08, 2024 4:19 pm

The thread is now unlocked.

zumos2

Post#154 » Thu Feb 08, 2024 4:28 pm

Ruin wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:05 pm In regard to the change to We’z Bigger\ Vaul’s Tempering, with the introduction of 6 sec immunities (Unstoppable and Immovable) it also provides a protection to skill/tacticss like Power Etchings, so slows/effects that are being applied after the CC is over, but not applying if the CC is defended by immunity. I would like to point out those types of tactics to be kept in consideration, when additional immunities are put in the game, lowering their efficiency.
In my opinion, the slow you get with Powered Etchings should be applied even if the target has Immovable. As long as the attack isn't defended of course. We might have to look into that and other similar interactions.
Zumos - Member of Red Guard

Current Guilds: The Unlikely Plan - Deep and Dry - Dark Omen

nat3s

Post#155 » Thu Feb 08, 2024 6:31 pm

What constitutes a personal attack vs a robust conversation is probably in the eye of the beholder. Won't say anymore than that!

I personally play a BG, I do not play an IB. When I look at the IB by comparison, I'm pretty shocked at the disparity. Interesting to hear the IB has the highest burst, had no idea and that is tempting me to rethink an IB. However as a solo roamer, I think the biggest loss impacts both classes and thats the temp removal of the heal. Anything that can be shared in terms of when and how that will return?
Defraz rr81 Magus
Defrack rr81 Mara
Induce rr77 Shaman
rr7x AM, Choppa, WL, WH, WE, BG

diegomess

Post#156 » Thu Feb 08, 2024 7:44 pm

Thaodan wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 1:37 pm
diegomess wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 6:37 pm .......... now that 13 points abilities of class are changing for the better can we look at Rending blade for chosen? the most underwhelming 13pnt ability of any tank? a plain low dmg boring aoe that should be core anyways......

Skeletor will return with more chad tips.
Similar also the mirror ability for the KotBS. The ability does ok damage with enough targets but since it's a physical damage ability it is much easier to reduce the impact of the damage. Also it can be blocked/parried compared to the mirror ability which can't be defended against.
You forget to say that Kotbs mirror ability staggering impact removes 10% defences to everybody for your realm and its 30ft while rending blade is just a plain undefendable low dmg aoe with low cd and 25ft and nothing more...

Chosen now can remove 10% defences but to one target only and a tactic is needed.

and if u were talking about arching swing which is more similar to rending blade a 13pt ability then hell... kobs swing is a core low cd ability that removes wounds and with a tactic gives 10% crit to your entire realm similar to BG 13pt ability.

you could argue that chosen can combine corruptive power tactic with rending blade to be more effective but also needs the crit tactic because you need to crit ppl to activate it and in the end you dont need an aoe for that also its in the mid tree which is the snb tree, so what you need 2 tactics to make an ability "useful"?.... and guess what kobs have always had this tactic "dirty tricks" which you just need to stand still and block and will give it to your entire party while chosen needs to go close in 2h and land a crit.
Chosen Dahaka RR88
BO Zamedi 80

tazdingo

Post#157 » Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:38 pm

zulnam wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:18 am My god the patches have been crazy for RoR lately!

BG went from the destro tank you get just to fill the ranks to a must-have.

Also i kind of expected more thread pages seeing Rampage finally changed. I mean there's probably 13 pages just of threads on the subject matter, not even counting posts. 😁
there was a 1 in a million chance of getting it right in the pocket and somehow they managed
it no longer punishes guard so brutally by pressing 1 button but also the change doesn't really effect slayer in most practical scenarios
credit where credit is due

bw10

Post#158 » Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:39 pm

Dackjanielz wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 11:33 pm
bw10 wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:25 pm Rampage got buffed and its funny how many people cant see it

Can you please explain how this is?
i'm not mocking i'm genuinely curious, i don't see the benefits.

I personally liked losing the rage because it kept me alive which is what you want in trollslayer build especially, and i don't see why having no GCD really changes anything its still a 30s cooldown?
with rampage on slayer has about 30% strikethrough (40% in 2h build) which is more than enough to nullify mdps/rdps/healer defences to 0. no gcd is huge because it lets you put another ID / aoe during rampage. no rage drop is huge for dps in rvr. so yeah outside of keep door funnels id say rampage was buffed.

Ads
Dackjanielz

Post#159 » Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:59 pm

bw10 wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:39 pm
Dackjanielz wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 11:33 pm
bw10 wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:25 pm Rampage got buffed and its funny how many people cant see it

Can you please explain how this is?
i'm not mocking i'm genuinely curious, i don't see the benefits.

I personally liked losing the rage because it kept me alive which is what you want in trollslayer build especially, and i don't see why having no GCD really changes anything its still a 30s cooldown?
with rampage on slayer has about 30% strikethrough (40% in 2h build) which is more than enough to nullify mdps/rdps/healer defences to 0. no gcd is huge because it lets you put another ID / aoe during rampage. no rage drop is huge for dps in rvr. so yeah outside of keep door funnels id say rampage was buffed.

Thanks you

Ruin

Post#160 » Thu Feb 08, 2024 11:00 pm

diegomess wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 7:44 pm
You forget to say that Kotbs mirror ability staggering impact removes 10% defences to everybody for your realm and its 30ft while rending blade is just a plain undefendable low dmg aoe with low cd and 25ft and nothing more...

[/quote]
Dosent BG get similar ability that removes defences AoE but for 0 mastery points?