Recent Topics

Ads

4 problems killing this server

Let's talk about... everything else
Ysaran

Re: 4 problems killing this server

Post#11 » Sat Feb 03, 2024 12:16 pm

Does Order have any organized wb going on atm? I'm playing destro and every time i log in I see HoB wb, Zorbax wb, Grootcopus wb, Bene Gesserit wb, Perdutoi wb all searching for ppl. Maybe the problem is organization rather than balance?
Zputadenti

Ads
KirkSeeker

Post#12 » Sat Feb 03, 2024 12:19 pm

Wdova wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 12:02 pm I logged after while. Order were dominant so I went with my destro tons.
Current state of order now is absolute lack of will to fight in open areas even when numbers are equal. Order just camp at warcamps, defend forts and keeps. Thats it. Thats where they good at. Defensive up to passive play style.
Than they form 4 wbs ultra blob to storm the zone. Seriously. Its either ultrablob or passive wait at keep the whole time. Ye current state is because of orda player mentality.
Since gtdc nerf, mara nerf order combo of BW+ Slayer has upper hands, but its rarely used.
Probably order stays in WC because destro keep them there? Last month I saw only this. As for order dominant it's liar, no order dominant at all. 2 wb maximum vs 3-5 WB destro.

Jajcek12

Post#13 » Sat Feb 03, 2024 1:46 pm

Server cannot be destroyed because someone wrong design decision, because server is item, placed somewhere in France.
What can be worsened is players experience from playing this game.
After such a short time we cannot even evaluate latest patch in gaming experience and we can't be sure that's the “last” change.
What “kills server” is players mentality.All of us can make greate esseys what is going on and why(not/geared players.not/expierienced, not/premades ect ect. And all this bla bla bla that we are familiar with)
At the moment many players think that Destroy is OP and 90% of my gaming time is 20-80 aao for order.Because for some reason all players decide to go destro and zerg the other side. Since there is no serious impact assessment on patch- many players decide to believe the rumours about destro is OP and go there. And random players go where is more players and its simple human atavistic fact. Casual player who need to feel wining goes ther. So only one what “kills server” is players laziness and inability to face failures, also atavistic herd instinct.
And good suggestion - if you want to feel happy/wining you play destro - and if you need/want to play competetive hard game you play order.
Is it true that human atavism should be tamed by game design?- thas possible.
I can't force anyone to do this- but if you see that on one side is to many players or ther is organised warband , and you have opportunity to do this- yes you should Xrealm to the loosing side.
Ther is not problem of organisation on Order- ther will be no leaders when ther is noone to lead- and thats same also for destro. And all someone who pick this argument should think twice whats going on and in what circumstances. Even proper 2/2/2 pug cannot make any sagnificant change when playing vs 2 or 3 wb at the same time.

Ps: Ther was many content added to the game – ther are many events, many new pve content ect.(Bastion stairs ware re-opened)

Paxsanarion

Post#14 » Sat Feb 03, 2024 1:53 pm

My RVR experience lately has shown several guild and/or Pug WB leaders who played mainly on Order are now playing mainly on Destro…..my guess is most likely to have a more fun experience with a larger Destro population in general and more positive social interactions while actually enjoying the game. I recently moved over to Destro after many years on Order only and it’s just more fun. The classes are easier to play/synergize with and even though I enjoy the Order appearance / lore more than Destro I will play only Destro until Order pop dwindles to PVdoor for Destro during EU prime and then I will find a new game.

I have no idea how you get more players playing for order during EU prime or more player in general but maybe some day things will get better :-). Balancing classes around scenario play has negatively affected RVR in my opinion and mainly for the Order classes currently.

Reivren27

Post#15 » Sat Feb 03, 2024 2:03 pm

All that keeps me playing on this server are the good people I enjoy playing and spending time with. If it wasn't for them, I would have left a long time ago and never come back.
Yes, the server has a lot of points of contention that need rebalancing/reworking, but who needs that anymore? There is no longer going to be an influx of new and regular players. Everyone who could from the potential new players have already tried the game and almost all of them have abandoned it and are unlikely to return.
P.S. Possible, I will express an unpopular opinion for the community WhO/RoR, but there are mmorpgs in which pvp much more fun and balanced than here. The only thing that makes WhO great is that you're right in the thick of the pvp action and there's almost no compromise. Otherwise - it is primitive and outdated mmorpg in everything.

oaliaen

Post#16 » Sat Feb 03, 2024 2:35 pm

Ysaran wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 12:16 pm Does Order have any organized wb going on atm? I'm playing destro and every time i log in I see HoB wb, Zorbax wb, Grootcopus wb, Bene Gesserit wb, Perdutoi wb all searching for ppl. Maybe the problem is organization rather than balance?
Because noone wants to play in a 24 rdps wb. Devs need to give more tools to IBs and Kotb or WP (as very peel ppl like to play the ugly slayer even being a OP class) to be in dps tree. Order really miss it to destro whit popular classes like Bos and Choppas.

tazdingo

Post#17 » Sat Feb 03, 2024 4:54 pm

whilst I think the OP is a bit melodramatic this seems like a suitable place to discuss orvr balance as a whole now the recent changes have been out for long enough

i do wish the range stacking was allowed to ride for a bit longer, though I understand the concern surrounding how guaranteed of a counter to funnels it was. maybe it could be made so certain ranged aoe only stacks in the field and not in certain locations? so like around gates and door they don't stack so that funnels are possible

the magnet nerf was also unnecessary but this came way earlier with the turrets/pets no longer giving range. magnet/rift benefited from increased range, not increased aoe, so when the gun turret/pink horror had those benefits removed the practical range of those abilities was already nerfed to hell

Garamore

Post#18 » Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:09 pm

Detangler wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:07 am
geezereur wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 4:44 am
Detangler wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 3:38 am

Force 2/2/2 for first 6 on both sides for PUG matchmaking. Pro: balanced teams. Con: DPS classes probably will see less initial pops than types that are more in demand.

Make archtypes in queue known to your side and enemy side similar to ranked. people will know if no one is in queue or if someone just needs 1 more healer. often people quit queueing not knowing if there is no one in queue or if they just got unlucky.

Matchmaker looks for new match every 5 minutes, not every 1 minute, to give more time for people to queue up.

6 mans prioritized towards matching against other 6 mans above all else.

FIXED.
Solo dps never gonna get any sc pop, this has been done twice before id did not work to low population.
Explain how this suggestion doesn't help that situation, cause it sure seems to make sense to me.

Make archtypes in queue known to your side and enemy side similar to ranked. people will know if no one is in queue or if someone just needs 1 more healer. often people quit queueing not knowing if there is no one in queue or if they just got unlucky.

More info for people to choose what to queue up at low pop hours. Ranked had this - We had people in chat that were queuing and always saying something similar to "ranked match needs 1 healer" in /5. I didn't even do a ton of ranked play, but I always watched it play out in chat. :D People that just wanted scenario pops would sometimes swap if it meant getting a queue. This would help - at least in my mind.

Pop some all dps scens to get them out of the queue - this was you get better balance and keep the queue moving.
Garamore - Chosen Garamar - Marauder Garachop - Choppa Garamor - Slayer

Warband leader for Hand of Blood

https://www.twitch.tv/therealgaramore

Ads
Dackjanielz

Post#19 » Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:44 pm

This is what happens when you only pamper to the top 10% instead of the casual majority.
This is also how warhammer fantasy table top died.

Its like poetry, it rhymes. - George lucas.

Andamarine

Post#20 » Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:13 pm

KirkSeeker wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 12:19 pm As for order dominant it's liar, no order dominant at all.
Let's just look at some numbers.

There are 991 city instances on killboard from April 2022 to today.

Only 225 were Aldorf City (22,7 %) and 766 (77,3 %) were IC. Winrate is around 57 vs 43 for Order.

There are many segments of killboard where there was none Aldotf siege for nearly 3 months.
I can't imagine it didn´t kill the server yet.

Now, when I look at daily oRvR kills (it changes everz hour, so it may be outdeated in few hours):

Bud now....Average T2+ population from last day is 395. 45% Order, 55% Destro
Number of kills: Order 6422 (48%) , Destro 6853 (52%)

It is pretty close and it means Order has more kills per capital than Destro. One of top Xrealm guilds like for example Nightmare/Deydream (but there are others as well) can make a lot more diffrence in kills just by switching sides than 5%. They are around 600-800 kills per day and side. Some days they have 500+ kills on both sides in one day. So i don't think 5-10 percent difference in kills is a sign of any dommiance for any realm at all. It is sometimes just about what side the best organised groups take in the game.
Last edited by Andamarine on Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.