Recent Topics

Ads

[BG] fresh lvl 40 "Should I go 2 handed or SnB?"

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
java

[BG] fresh lvl 40 "Should I go 2 handed or SnB?"

Post#1 » Wed Nov 29, 2023 7:04 pm

Hi there,

I am looking for some advice on how to best spend my time grinding the early renown levels when I'm about to hit lvl 40 (38rn). My RR is 42. While I really enjoy the 2-handed play style, I am wondering if it would be better to go full tank, because I am unsure about the effectiveness of 2-handed during that time. So in short my questions are:

What is the rr grind like for BG from rr40 -> rr60?
Would I be more useful as SnB tank?
When does 2-handed start to shine?

Thank you for reading.

Ads
bittrio

Re: [BG] fresh lvl 40 "Should I go 2 handed or SnB?"

Post#2 » Wed Nov 29, 2023 8:17 pm

I think you'll do both.

2h for scenarios
Snb for warbands
78 Shaman
45 Chosen
40 Squig Herder
40 Bright Wizard

Digital dollars are free to create.

diedrake

Post#3 » Thu Nov 30, 2023 1:59 pm

as a tank, its best to have both set ups and gear closest to those set ups. Even as a fresh 40, if you are in a guild, ask your wb leaders what they need from you as a BG. The BG is pretty viable in both the 2h and SnB specs.
Fenaal- SM 40/84
Fanaal- CH 40/7x

banites

Post#4 » Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:19 pm

fresh 40? its all about gears!

For armors: you can go red eye for the armor bonus then mix with main set armor(defensive ones)

for 2H weapon for the the epic quest weapon for the +10% defenses proc
for SnB grab any high block rate and flat +block stat shield you can find.

nocturnalguest

Post#5 » Thu Jan 18, 2024 8:32 am

What is the rr grind like for BG from rr40 -> rr60?
SnB till at least 50rr or much better 60 so you can complete typical 2h build and not lack anything plus take fs3, full parry and 3 d/d ranks.
I recommend very unpopular advice - skip vanq, take conq with crests as this set is nice all arounder and saves you quite some time allowing to skip gunbad. As snb you used to be absolutely fine to tank both BB/BBE&bastion in conq, nobody knows how it will be after ability rework and once trash mobs and bosses will have their abilities turned on.

For 2h
So once dungeons are implemented back your focus would be to grind out full influence in BB/BBE and bastion, common mixes are bloodlord 5 + sentinel 3, uncommon but decent full bloodlord + life steal proc weapon from BB/BBE, full vale-walker is amazing for aoe armor debuff. Alot of decent starting options for 2h are from PvE.
For SnB
There is no longer decent SnB option for SnB, before VW set rework it had same stats as full invader and was amazing SnB set alternative allowing you to fully skip pvp gear for both 2h and snb. However its no longer so and thus general and most common advice is to grind gunbad, skip conq and get vanq for snb i believe that you will save way more time if you get conq and skip vanq. Saves you more crests. Redeye is more or less decent pick and it can be mixed into 2h setup but so as conq. Pick your poison.

Would I be more useful as SnB tank?
Its pretty dangerous to go as undergeared low rr 2h tank. It greatly depends if you have a group to carry you, but assuming your questions and the fact that you ask on forum highly likely you dont have any kind of group/friends to carry you. If you have decent group you can somewhat perform as redeye/conq 2h low rr tank assuming you are experienced player which is highly likely not a case.
SnB BG is most likely your only option at the moment to level up and yes, you will be useful in pug/random environment, way more useful then if you'd go 2h. Take something useful Elite Training, FoF, aoe snare.

When does 2-handed start to shine?
rr73 full warlord and onwards
Last edited by nocturnalguest on Thu Jan 18, 2024 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Helwer

Post#6 » Thu Jan 18, 2024 9:07 am

Almost nothing to add, only few details. 2h before bb/be or fort ist T4 Chaos Epic Quest Annihilation and you pick Dragon's End. Also you can get + Parry jewels from Gunbad (Amber & Ruby for few gold in AH) for 2% each and Genesis Fragments (Undying & Warrior) 3% each before a slot 3 jewl with epic Talis.