Recent Topics

Ads

lagging on Windows 10

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
phelo

lagging on Windows 10

Post#1 » Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:43 am

Hi there!
I just downloaded RoR, following the instructions, but after launching the game I see everything jerkily.

it's a problem in the game. What can I do?

Ads
Tesq

Re: lagging on Windows 10

Post#2 » Tue Jan 09, 2024 1:33 pm

you mean you stutter when moving around?

Shima

Post#3 » Tue Jan 09, 2024 6:39 pm

I'm having the same problem. I thought was some kind of hidden app in my pc, but it was the game. It lags my pc a lot of times, principally when many players are at same time in the the same lake.

Shima

Post#4 » Tue Jan 09, 2024 6:41 pm

Tesq wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 1:33 pm you mean you stutter when moving around?
Yes. Also affects other apps open, like youtube music, I mean, it affects all system.

Tesq

Post#5 » Wed Jan 10, 2024 8:27 am

Shima wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 6:41 pm
Yes. Also affects other apps open, like youtube music, I mean, it affects all system.
if its the whole pc then must be related to cpu i guess,

-maybe you have a very hard multi core cpu but warhmmer is build and require a strong single core cpu ( is a cpu bound game), so for example if you have an octa core 1,4 ghz your whole machine will cry. Not sure if it's this but makin guess

-it may also be the another kind of bug like "show frame" or "windowed/full screen" setting in user interface ( try all combination of on /off it can vary depending on the machine randomly and cause problems.).

-It may also be a problem of win10 x cpu core x war, try type msconfig into the serach bar and press enter, then go into start up setting and set manualy the cpu core from 1/ auto to max value avaiable.

Shima

Post#6 » Wed Jan 10, 2024 11:31 am

Tesq wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 8:27 am

-maybe you have a very hard multi core cpu but warhmmer is build and require a strong single core cpu ( is a cpu bound game), so for example if you have an octa core 1,4 ghz your whole machine will cry. Not sure if it's this but makin guess

-it may also be the another kind of bug like "show frame" or "windowed/full screen" setting in user interface ( try all combination of on /off it can vary depending on the machine randomly and cause problems.).

-It may also be a problem of win10 x cpu core x war, try type msconfig into the serach bar and press enter, then go into start up setting and set manualy the cpu core from 1/ auto to max value avaiable.
This problem is pretty new, I have noticed it some days ago - about 2 weeks ago or so - and I have looked into my pc if there was any virus or relative to it doing this problem, but my pc is clean and it's the first time I'm having this problem playing RoR, since I started on this server, and I mean with it, when this server started. But I'll keep doing more tests and will post any new about this. Thanks.

Tesq

Post#7 » Thu Jan 11, 2024 1:35 am

Shima wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 11:31 am

This problem is pretty new, I have noticed it some days ago - about 2 weeks ago or so - and I have looked into my pc if there was any virus or relative to it doing this problem, but my pc is clean and it's the first time I'm having this problem playing RoR, since I started on this server, and I mean with it, when this server started. But I'll keep doing more tests and will post any new about this. Thanks.
if you never had a problem before and maybe you recived an update to win 10 then maybe some of the security stuff like active malware protection or DEP ( data execution prevention which cause problem with xp era games such warhamemr ) is causing all of this. You can also try to permantly disable those useless and ball breaking things or make some exeption. Cheking the task manager of what is consuming so many resource should do the trick tough if the computer having a so hard time.

Shima

Post#8 » Thu Jan 11, 2024 8:59 pm

Tesq wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 1:35 am
Shima wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 11:31 am

if you never had a problem before and maybe you recived an update to win 10 then maybe some of the security stuff like active malware protection or DEP ( data execution prevention which cause problem with xp era games such warhamemr ) is causing all of this. You can also try to permantly disable those useless and ball breaking things or make some exeption. Cheking the task manager of what is consuming so many resource should do the trick tough if the computer having a so hard time.
After last patch this lag didn't have showed up again. Thanks a lot for the help.
Yesterday occured me that I used to keep disabled many hidden wnidows apps and features, and after I reinstall the system one year ago, I didn't do it. So I'll work on disable them again. It'll help on performance as before. :)

Ads