Recent Topics

Ads

PTS Patch Notes 09/01/2024

Talk about the development of the emulator and related services.
Check out new and upcoming features to be implemented onto the server.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Jildaz

Re: PTS Patch Notes 09/01/2024

Post#21 » Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:10 pm

Good job !
The overall snare nerf will make the fights way more dynamic i hope, at least for tanks it will be less frustrating to play sometimes.
Not a big fan of the Self knock back that can be defended tho, but lets see how Rdps can kite with the snares nerf.

Rip stoutness of stone :'(
Gwelthas : WL 86 The Eternal Host
Gwelthaz : IB 86 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers
Gweltaz : SL 83 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers
Ashitakah : SW 82 The Eternal Host

Gwelth : marauder 80
Gwelt : BG 81

Ads
Tastykate

Post#22 » Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:30 pm

Jildaz wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:10 pm Good job !
The overall snare nerf will make the fights way more dynamic i hope, at least for tanks it will be less frustrating to play sometimes.
Not a big fan of the Self knock back that can be defended tho, but lets see how Rdps can kite with the snares nerf.

Just the snare portion of self knockback is defendable

Brizio

Post#23 » Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:31 pm

Most of kds and silences are 3 seconds. Stoutness of stone is still excelent tatic.

oaliaen

Post#24 » Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:39 pm

Culexus wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:05 pm
arturziomas wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 8:32 pm Why do you keep nerfing black orks?

We've actually had a buff! With aoe snares being reduced to 30%/5sec across the board having access to as many as possible will be important for controlling movement in RvR. With the change to Big Brawlin’ we actually have a use in a warband again beyond just guard bot. The cooldown could maybe be lowered as it requires a tactic slot but it's still a positive change.
I dont think you understood well .. now its 50ap ability whit 5 sec aoe snare by 30% with 20 CD and requiring a tactic slot for it. Imo they killed the skill. Just like corruptive Power for Chosen.

Parallels66

Post#25 » Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:42 pm

oaliaen wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:39 pm
Culexus wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:05 pm
arturziomas wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 8:32 pm Why do you keep nerfing black orks?

We've actually had a buff! With aoe snares being reduced to 30%/5sec across the board having access to as many as possible will be important for controlling movement in RvR. With the change to Big Brawlin’ we actually have a use in a warband again beyond just guard bot. The cooldown could maybe be lowered as it requires a tactic slot but it's still a positive change.
I dont think you understood well .. now its 50ap ability whit 5 sec aoe snare by 30% with 20 CD and requiring a tactic slot for it. Imo they killed the skill. Just like corruptive Power for Chosen.
in organised warband play you always take corruptive power as 2h chosen so didnt kill it that much
Skargraive the Chosen - [Unreal]

bw10

Post#26 » Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:45 pm

Brizio wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:31 pm

Most of kds and silences are 3 seconds. Stoutness of stone is still excelent tatic.
its still excellent after being nerfed by 50%? (based on your example). guess it mustve been game breakingly op before that nerf! (so much hardly anyone used it)

Baaldr

Post#27 » Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:07 pm

The change to juggernaught is awesome!

Engi and Magus looks cool aswell, will be interesting!

leftayparxoun

Post#28 » Wed Jan 10, 2024 12:44 am

bw10 wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:45 pm
Brizio wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:31 pm

its still excellent after being nerfed by 50%? (based on your example). guess it mustve been game breakingly op before that nerf! (so much hardly anyone used it)
3 s CC
Old SOS reduction: 3*0.5 = 1.5 s
New SOS reduction: 1 s
Δr% = (1-1.5)/1.5 = -33%

33% less effective, not 50%
Onlymelee MSH, Onlyhealing Zealot, Onlyhater BG - Entropy and Chaos

"All men make mistakes, but a good man yields when he knows his course is wrong, and repairs the evil. The only crime is pride."
The Antigone of Sophocles

Ads
UnspeakableOath

Post#29 » Wed Jan 10, 2024 4:07 am

My 2 cents:

Snare balances are overall good for everyone, if it might take a little getting used to.

That said:

Shadow Warrior has lost any possible role in WB. With split arrows giving damage -20%, Broadhead and Spiral, I don't think that tactic is worth it.
Ambush losing radius and snare time also hurts for WB play.
Range knock going from 100ft to 65 ft with VoN having to be on also hurts for WB.
Flame arrow already took a nerf during the ability patch.
Pierce Defense also got much worse for helping your WB do damage.

So all in all, there is no reason for a SW to be in a warband over ANY OTHER Order DPS. SW didn't bring much before, and the bring even less now. The morale drain of Barrage is the only thing, and is really only effective when paired with Winds.

I'm glad to see Engi/Magus got love, but SW was already near (or at) the bottom of the heap for dps, and now has lost damage, survivability, and almost all utility. As a SW player that plays WB exclusively, there is no reason to play this character.

Each class has 3 lines. There should be no reason that one of those lines on the DPS should not be fully for WB play.

Rotgut

Post#30 » Wed Jan 10, 2024 5:05 am

UnspeakableOath wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 4:07 am My 2 cents:

Snare balances are overall good for everyone, if it might take a little getting used to.

That said:

Shadow Warrior has lost any possible role in WB. With split arrows giving damage -20%, Broadhead and Spiral, I don't think that tactic is worth it.
Ambush losing radius and snare time also hurts for WB play.
Range knock going from 100ft to 65 ft with VoN having to be on also hurts for WB.
Flame arrow already took a nerf during the ability patch.
Pierce Defense also got much worse for helping your WB do damage.

So all in all, there is no reason for a SW to be in a warband over ANY OTHER Order DPS. SW didn't bring much before, and the bring even less now. The morale drain of Barrage is the only thing, and is really only effective when paired with Winds.

I'm glad to see Engi/Magus got love, but SW was already near (or at) the bottom of the heap for dps, and now has lost damage, survivability, and almost all utility. As a SW player that plays WB exclusively, there is no reason to play this character.

Each class has 3 lines. There should be no reason that one of those lines on the DPS should not be fully for WB play.
I disagree. We've seen an increase in SWs recently (from the Guilds that have the roster to apply them) because of how good they are. In my opinion, the only reason Order WBs didn't have more than one SW per WB was due to the Choppa Ball pull. Their survivability were a lot worse than a Slayer's who is running around with 50% Parry. But now that Git To Da Choppa is nerfed, they are viable again.

The nerf to Split Arrow means they are in line with Slayers and Choppas, who also get a 20% dmg nerf with Accuracy/Extra Choppin' (basically the same tactic) - as a matter of fact its a little better during EU cuz it doesn't have a cap at 24 targets. And the morale drain from Barrage is huge, Destro's tanks having Morale Pump tactics is one of their main advantages over Order.

I would argue there is no reason to bring a Slayer over a SW in the current patch. ID is bugged (can't apply more then 2 so Winds + ID is gone) and can be cleansed, Bring it On (Choppa's channel) counts IDs as a direct hit so you can kill yourself if you ID a Freebootaz WB or any Choppa heavy WB, Rampage is overblown in oRvR outside of funnels cuz any class can bypass avoidance if you position yourself as you should - the only unique contribution a Slayer currently have is the CD debuff with Shatter Limbs. SWs are currently doing more dmg, have an incredibly strong M2 and morale drains.