Recent Topics

Ads

Help me

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
sengoku

Help me

Post#1 » Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:38 pm

Help me to solve the problem. I reinstalled my Windows (10). And re-downloaded Warhammer. Before that I had downloaded the file May22 from the official site (not torrent), now I installed the file September23 as well from a direct link. A little about why I decided to reinstall vindows and the game package: 4 days ago the game gave an error with which I could not cope in any way. By the way reinstallation helped to solve it, but a new problem appeared. The game picture became horribly rippled. I look at the game and see pixels. Everything is blurry. There's no clarity. I've tried everything I can, but nothing helps. My video card is fine, drivers are updated. In other games there is no such thing. I tried forced anti-aliasing and different compatibility settings. I don't know what to do.

Ads
Rotgut

Re: Help me

Post#2 » Thu Dec 28, 2023 5:32 am

What about DirectX 9.0c? Could be that, u have to have that specific version installed.

sengoku

Post#3 » Thu Dec 28, 2023 9:41 am

installed

xpander
Community Management

Post#4 » Thu Dec 28, 2023 9:51 am

Can you post a screenshot?
https://imgur.com

From the description alone it sounds like maybe the game resolution is super low
Helpful links:

Install guide for Linux
Install guide for Windows
Offical RoR Discord

AUR package for WARAddonClient

-------------------------------------------------------------------
My Linux Gaming Videos

sengoku

Post#5 » Thu Dec 28, 2023 6:43 pm

https://imgur.com/a/Mlxpkng

I'm not sure if the screenshots show it well. But you can tell from the character names and NPS names that the words just blend together into a pixelated mess. And for the most part, so do the graphics.

xpander
Community Management

Post#6 » Fri Dec 29, 2023 8:27 am

What Videocard you have?

From those screenshots it looks kinda normal to an old game and bad screenshot quality.
Is the game resolution correct like it was before?

Did you maybe force Anti Aliasing (eliminates jagged edges) and Anisotropic Filtering( gives more sharpness to textures on distance) to the game before that ?

You can usually do that from your videocard configuration utility.

Maybe you used Reshade before?
Helpful links:

Install guide for Linux
Offical RoR Discord

My Linux Gaming Videos

rrrutsss

Post#7 » Fri Dec 29, 2023 8:39 am

You using 120hz ? Ive noticed that when i put 120hz on my tv then also things get harder to read ingame and they pixelate somehow, havent done the research how to counter it but i just put 60hz and all good

Also try using same resolution ingame as in desktop

xpander
Community Management

Post#8 » Fri Dec 29, 2023 1:00 pm

rrrutsss wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 8:39 am You using 120hz ? Ive noticed that when i put 120hz on my tv then also things get harder to read ingame and they pixelate somehow, havent done the research how to counter it but i just put 60hz and all good

Also try using same resolution ingame as in desktop
Uhh thats odd. I play on 165hz monitor with no difference to 60
probably some motion setting on the TV that causes this or similar.
Helpful links:

Install guide for Linux
Offical RoR Discord

My Linux Gaming Videos

Ads
sengoku

Post#9 » Fri Dec 29, 2023 2:27 pm

From what I understand it's some kind of extension problem. Since the game opens in full screen mode and the whole basic interface of the game looks standard relative to its size. But such icons as mouse pointer, death board and glove icon (when pointing at the loot or mailbox) they have significantly increased in size. The fact that the parameters of the game as in the menu of the game itself and in the settings of the video card correspond to the parameters of the screen. Forced antialiasing and anisotropic filtering have no effect.