Recent Topics

Ads

[WL] Pet getting worse and worse

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Everdin
Posts: 555

[WL] Pet getting worse and worse

Post#1 » Mon Dec 18, 2023 1:48 pm

The pet pathing with "normal" behavior is a completly mess for years.

Since the Ability patch its much more worse, pet is running completly away from me with warpspeed but Speed tactic isn't working properly if I need it. Sometimes Pet just chills around in the middle of a fight or while I'm riding through open.

After Todays patch (or just randomly bad luck) it feels like the last two issues are far oftener then before. I can't walkr around 5minures without the need of recalling my pet. Two times it ran away, despand just to be there a few seconds later but did not react to any of my commands.

I will open a ticket for this issue seperatly, but for I can't reproduce this random behavior so I can tell were the problem is located, I would ask all lions to collect informations around these malfunctions.
#AllClassesMatter

“A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else.”

― John Burroughs

Ads
Farrul
Posts: 289

Re: [WL] Pet getting worse and worse

Post#2 » Wed Dec 20, 2023 1:21 pm

White lion has been unenjoyable since the patch.

Pet AI pathing is seriously messed up now, it does illogical stuff a lot more frequently than previously to the point of frustration. Speed training is effectively not working 50% of the time and when it does work it is noticeably slower than before.

Without speed training it struggles to keep up with the mount and vanish, not sure if that part was hotfixed(seems better now).

I do hope they will fix this mess soon enough, if not i've said it many times before, REMOVE the cooldown on Lion as a quick band-aid fix solution until it can be fixed properly, half the class is broken due to this pet mechanic(and the other half, AOE was nerfed to the ground unfortuntately, not a good time for WL's).

User avatar
bittrio
Posts: 147

Re: [WL] Pet getting worse and worse

Post#3 » Wed Dec 20, 2023 2:38 pm

Pets were OP, especially white lion.

They would stick to you like glue and get free kills on low hp enemies, needed to be toned down.
Image
78 Shaman
45 Chosen
40 Squig Herder
40 Bright Wizard

Digital dollars are free to create.

User avatar
Gier
Posts: 32

Re: [WL] Pet getting worse and worse

Post#4 » Wed Dec 20, 2023 4:19 pm

bittrio wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 2:38 pm Pets were OP, especially white lion.

They would stick to you like glue and get free kills on low hp enemies, needed to be toned down.
I feel like you don't understand what they are saying is an issue right now. There wasn't a balance pass on them, the issue is the AI itself and pathing is broken. Please try to least understand what is happening in a thread before just jumping in and saying nonsense.

User avatar
francomes
Posts: 60

Re: [WL] Pet getting worse and worse

Post#5 » Wed Dec 20, 2023 8:13 pm

Gier wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 4:19 pm
bittrio wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 2:38 pm Pets were OP, especially white lion.

They would stick to you like glue and get free kills on low hp enemies, needed to be toned down.
I feel like you don't understand what they are saying is an issue right now. There wasn't a balance pass on them, the issue is the AI itself and pathing is broken. Please try to least understand what is happening in a thread before just jumping in and saying nonsense.
I mean, sure, but he does have a point. The lion can solo ppl if the gear diff is good enough, at least if the pathing is bugued they wont find em lol

User avatar
Gier
Posts: 32

Re: [WL] Pet getting worse and worse

Post#6 » Thu Dec 21, 2023 1:11 am

francomes wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 8:13 pm
Gier wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 4:19 pm
bittrio wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 2:38 pm Pets were OP, especially white lion.

They would stick to you like glue and get free kills on low hp enemies, needed to be toned down.
I feel like you don't understand what they are saying is an issue right now. There wasn't a balance pass on them, the issue is the AI itself and pathing is broken. Please try to least understand what is happening in a thread before just jumping in and saying nonsense.
I mean, sure, but he does have a point. The lion can solo ppl if the gear diff is good enough, at least if the pathing is bugued they wont find em lol
But no, he doesn't. I feel like your perspective bias is showing a lot. Sure they can do damage, but they die rather easily outside of frenzy. They also now have a chance of just vanishing. Regardless this is neither here nor there as this thread isn't talking about the pets balance but the sheer inability to use it reliably. If you'd like to talk about balance then maybe make a thread for it?

Shima
Posts: 42

Re: [WL] Pet getting worse and worse

Post#7 » Thu Dec 28, 2023 4:55 am

White Lion is a dead class right now. I know we still able to play with it but, comparing with other dps melee classes, it became the worst. To join this disgraceful decision, lion pet is totally broken. I have to keep my pet on passive and give the command to attack now and get back or it will stay stuck where the enemy died. When enemy runs away, the pet keep following it and get despawned by the distance, doesn't matter how many times i call it back! Also, pet has the terrible behavior to despawn without reason, what is almost a death sentence for WL.

And once loner tactic is useless now, all we have is a pet that can't be sent to attack while you're mounted, a pet that is dismissed without your command and then we need to wait 15 seconds for summon it again, different of other pet classes that have lots of options - WL is the only pet class that has only one option of pet - and we die. No aoe build, no single target build, no aoe cc like marauder, sh and sw have, simply nada! WL became just a beautiful class but useless.

User avatar
Fenris78
Posts: 788

Re: [WL] Pet getting worse and worse

Post#8 » Thu Dec 28, 2023 9:10 am

Shima wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 4:55 am White Lion is a dead class right now. I know we still able to play with it but, comparing with other dps melee classes, it became the worst. To join this disgraceful decision, lion pet is totally broken. I have to keep my pet on passive and give the command to attack now and get back or it will stay stuck where the enemy died. When enemy runs away, the pet keep following it and get despawned by the distance, doesn't matter how many times i call it back! Also, pet has the terrible behavior to despawn without reason, what is almost a death sentence for WL.
I assume Loyalpet + PetAssist addons are now broken as well ?

Ads
User avatar
Gladiolix
Posts: 184

Re: [WL] Pet getting worse and worse

Post#9 » Thu Dec 28, 2023 9:20 am

Pet AI being completely broken is very much true to SH too. rSH is playable with his pet being ranged (lots of resummons though as the pet just vanishes after and during fights), but with mSH the pet must be resummoned after pretty much every kill, he hits the wrong targets, doesn't obey commands and the pathing sucks so much that anyone who kites you, the pet cant harm them.
LEGION OF PERKELE
Shaman - Gladiolix (rr86)
Black Orc - Oomiestompa (rr85)
Squig Herder - Bluglog (rr85)
Choppa - Poliisi (rr84)

KoBS rr70+, BW rr70+, WP rr60+

Everdin
Posts: 555

Re: [WL] Pet getting worse and worse

Post#10 » Thu Dec 28, 2023 11:13 am

Gladiolix wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 9:20 am Pet AI being completely broken is very much true to SH too. rSH is playable with his pet being ranged (lots of resummons though as the pet just vanishes after and during fights), but with mSH the pet must be resummoned after pretty much every kill, he hits the wrong targets, doesn't obey commands and the pathing sucks so much that anyone who kites you, the pet cant harm them.
Of course the pet issue isn't just a lion thing, but a squigherder without pet is still reliable, a lion without pet is a joke (a bad one).

And at least he has the option of a range pet that make petplay a little bit more stable.
#AllClassesMatter

“A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else.”

― John Burroughs

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests