Re: Cone Of FIre

Post#11 » Tue Dec 19, 2023 4:30 pm

rpds just cant stop winning lol

Ads
dalen
Developer

Post#12 » Tue Dec 19, 2023 5:32 pm

it is a 180 degree cone, which is not affected by strafing direction. So when you strafe you can fire on someone 180 degrees behind you, but not 181 degrees behind you, then you would need to face the other way so that player is 179 degrees behind you instead.
Source Developer

reimy

Post#13 » Tue Dec 19, 2023 6:33 pm

What then is the purpose of this "cone of fire"? Why are these crutches needed if everything worked perfectly?

ShadowWar

Post#14 » Tue Dec 19, 2023 6:46 pm

dalen wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 5:32 pm it is a 180 degree cone, which is not affected by strafing direction. So when you strafe you can fire on someone 180 degrees behind you, but not 181 degrees behind you, then you would need to face the other way so that player is 179 degrees behind you instead.
I'm not sure if this is a strange joke or something else. :D

If someone is MORE than 180 degrees behind you (i.e. 181 degrees from the right), then they are LESS than 180 degrees from the other direction (left), or in this exact example, 179 degrees to the left.

Tesq

Post#15 » Tue Dec 19, 2023 11:49 pm

tough this is not actually working for melee st skill, it's way smaller than 180 degree or i wont have problem punt or self buff as i reported (and im not the only one), it is likely working as 90 degree when ppl moving around.

francomes

Post#16 » Wed Dec 20, 2023 3:02 am

Something I found extremely annoying bout the cone of fire is melee channels breaking if the target gets out.

I think is totally fine that you need them to be in the cone to launch the ability, but the fact they can break it by simply walking a bit to the side is very annoying

Scottx125

Post#17 » Wed Dec 20, 2023 3:34 am

I'll be honest. The game without cone of fire felt better and more responsive,
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

Panel

Post#18 » Wed Dec 20, 2023 4:12 am

i'll be honest here admit im really struggling to get this strafing thing perfected. Trying to unlearn what has become instinctive after years of playing the game is pushing me to the point of shelving characters or taking a long break in the forlorn hope it will be reverted. Cant for the life of me see what was "wrong" with the no cone of fire mechanic. The old dictum "If it aint broke dont fix it" should apply here.

Ads
Lithenir

Post#19 » Wed Dec 20, 2023 12:45 pm

Really impressive how many people in here crying about the fixed cone of fire.
It was never meant to work the way it did before. This rn is how it was supposed to work all the time how it did on live.

I get it. Playing rSH and SW was easy the last couple of years were you could run away in a straight line and hit the enemy in the face.

Nameless

Post#20 » Wed Dec 20, 2023 1:59 pm

Lithenir wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 12:45 pm Really impressive how many people in here crying about the fixed cone of fire.
It was never meant to work the way it did before. This rn is how it was supposed to work all the time how it did on live.

I get it. Playing rSH and SW was easy the last couple of years were you could run away in a straight line and hit the enemy in the face.
And still rdps didnt excel at anything (beside zerg surfing) and after 10 years when the fix comes they become even harder to play so mdps meta become even stronger. Why that should happens?
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz