Recent Topics

Ads

Wards and Patch

Let's talk about... everything else
francomes

Re: Wards and Patch

Post#11 » Mon Dec 18, 2023 3:04 pm

normanis wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 2:33 pm vanquisher is very good set.
Sure, the thing is you still need to do Bs to avoid throwing 3.5k on invader.

So you will end up with bloodlord set in inventory, is vanq better than bloodlord? for same classes it sure is...but is it worth 1600 crest when you will have the other set anyways?

Ads
Nameless

Post#12 » Mon Dec 18, 2023 3:58 pm

I got 4 chars at 81+ and 1 at 70+. On all 5 of these I dont have a single invader or vanq item. That speak alot....
Imo drop the prices significly low, all below triumph. Lets bis gear be expensive but rest should ne trivial low like for 1-1,5k crest to manage to buy all orvr and scen sets till invader lvl.
That will bring more variety, more clourfull itemization and more happy lowlvl characters
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

Wdova

Post#13 » Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:07 am

Avoiding rvr/sc gear till WL/Sov is not possible anymore. Started leveling up Shamman and its impossible to find ppl for mayhem/ruin farm. Nobody is interested in PvE anymore.Gunbad for Redeye is okay,but whats next? Buy vanq/invader and spent all of crests there? :/
Pigbutcher - Choppa RR80+
Cyplenkov - Marauder RR80+
Vdova - Witch elf RR80+

Hajzl - Swordmaster RR80+
Roznetka - Engineer RR70+

Derpy

Post#14 » Tue Dec 19, 2023 11:35 am

francomes wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 1:49 am Agreed, I dont have proof but i do feel the big hit in pop these days has been in good part to not being able to progress the PVE wards anymore
That, and its just multitude of things very wonky in the game at the moment. Theres absolutely no 1-15 PvP anymore (mid tier is pretty dead too) and at that level PvE is just miserable in general after the patch. A lot of things changed with the classes (cone of fire... regen, etc..)... And theres so so many bugs that make the game next to unplayable in certain situations (like some monsters only visible to some group members and invisible/unattackable to others...)

I think quite a lot of players are just taking a break (i hope its just a break) from the game and waiting for things to get better.

zulnam

Post#15 » Tue Dec 19, 2023 12:21 pm

normanis wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 2:33 pm vanquisher is very good set.
Yes, it makes for very good target dummies.
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

Endari

Post#16 » Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:50 pm

So I just don't understand the need to completely skip pvp sets. I have leveled a WP/BW/WH/AM to 80 since the crest change(wp was in the process of leveling during the change) and my WP by 80 had full warlord/3 sov/both 61sc and fort weapon and that's with getting 5 pieces of victorious gear. BW/WH had full sets of vanq/invader/sov with fort weapon by 78, AM had full invader(only heal set I ever bought) 5 sov/3 wl, and fort weapon by 78. My play style is the worst for this as well as I can't really group do to always having to leave the computer for other stuff... So I either was fully solo(wp/wh) or zerg surfed(am/bw) with some weekend event SC's sprinkled in when I could.

Not getting the ranked ring is a bummer but it gives me a reason to keep playing an 80 toon that I'd otherwise drop and as for bloodlord weapons I am still holding out hope they will release sov weapons someday as having a BiS weapon coming from PvE mildly offends me.

That said Invader is wildly overpriced and just not worth the crests for most classes, please fix :)

shoelessHN

Post#17 » Tue Dec 19, 2023 11:34 pm

Wdova wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:07 am Avoiding rvr/sc gear till WL/Sov is not possible anymore. Started leveling up Shamman and its impossible to find ppl for mayhem/ruin farm. Nobody is interested in PvE anymore.Gunbad for Redeye is okay,but whats next? Buy vanq/invader and spent all of crests there? :/
It's amazing you can get 4 chars to 80+ and have no idea how to farm mayhem/ruin for your lower level chars all by yourself.

Wdova

Post#18 » Wed Dec 20, 2023 11:39 am

shoelessHN wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 11:34 pm
Wdova wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:07 am Avoiding rvr/sc gear till WL/Sov is not possible anymore. Started leveling up Shamman and its impossible to find ppl for mayhem/ruin farm. Nobody is interested in PvE anymore.Gunbad for Redeye is okay,but whats next? Buy vanq/invader and spent all of crests there? :/
It's amazing you can get 4 chars to 80+ and have no idea how to farm mayhem/ruin for your lower level chars all by yourself.
Yes! Non of them touched pve for gearing progression. They all have all rvr sets possible and still after sov/wl I still had about 3,5k crests on them. Gearing was so easier back in the days 1+ year ago.
So no,I dont know the basics of farming pve for gear progression. Never had too.
Pigbutcher - Choppa RR80+
Cyplenkov - Marauder RR80+
Vdova - Witch elf RR80+

Hajzl - Swordmaster RR80+
Roznetka - Engineer RR70+

Ads
Lisutaris

Post#19 » Wed Dec 20, 2023 5:54 pm

For me it is quite funny, that alot of these pvp tryhards are complaining now, that their easy way for ward unlock is gone (for now).
Who would have thought, that PvE is quite important and can be fun & useful .... :D.

Well, by any means, I dont support the decision that the patch got pushed with ignoring working city dungeons and BS / HV. (and PQ22).
But it is what it is. To some degree it is our own fault as we could have tested it on the PTS ... helped the small team with getting it fixed ASAP. But surprise... we did not. (except some ofc)
(The playerbase got asked to help on the PTS, fyi, execution was not the best ... sure... but I mean .. it was added as an information on the launcher! Most likely there were little to no feedback to it.)

Right now, as far as I know ... BS is working again soon. (Hopefully only 1 instead of 2 weeks from now ;) pun intended)
Long story short ... now is the time to focus on min maxing well equipped chars (sov grind) or start a new one , lvl it up, do some gunbad and Beastlord.
Chances are not bad, that BS and maybe city dungeons will be up soon again.

The problem with not many ppl farming mayhem and ruin is just that you can't instafarm your sets in some minutes... you have to spend more time now, need some more ppl for it if you are low lvl , bad equipped. It's like some years ago :) Comfort zone got taken away. That's pretty much it.
I can see new players joining for mayhem/ruin grind in /5 LFG during EU evening. It is working, the problem isnt not the game, it's not the progress (its still very fast, full set in 1-2h?) ... in the end it's the playerbase and the lack of helping each other. Get yourselves a friendly guild and join with the intention of also helping other players.... and boom, the game is fun again :D
My 2 copper.

EDIT: Forgot to add. Like I mentioned above... it is a small team. This got for sure taken into account when making those decisions. (balance patch without some working dungeons). In the end, these people try to make the best out of this project, while having work and family too. The decision must be one where "mork and gork" gets done. It seems, they have decided this is the best way to get things done as fast and good as possible.
It doesnt really matter, because ppl will always complain.
~~ Guildleader of Entropy and Chaos ~~

Rhyshara - DoK || Rhykera - Sorc || Rhyleth - BG || Sharaye - WE
Destro only <3

If you're happy and you know it, clap your hands

shoelessHN

Post#20 » Wed Dec 20, 2023 6:31 pm

Wdova wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 11:39 am
shoelessHN wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 11:34 pm
Yes! Non of them touched pve for gearing progression. They all have all rvr sets possible and still after sov/wl I still had about 3,5k crests on them. Gearing was so easier back in the days 1+ year ago.
So no,I dont know the basics of farming pve for gear progression. Never had too.
Yet it's the same PQ system that governs the rvr lakes. And after hundreds of hours of playing you have no idea how it works. Lol.