Recent Topics

Ads

Where do we go from here?

Let's talk about... everything else
Akalukz

Re: Where do we go from here?

Post#11 » Fri Dec 15, 2023 7:07 pm

what is bothersome is that some of the fixes, are actually taking things back to a broken point. For instance, magnet/rift pulling all players to a single spot on the map. The AP/HP regen changes are rough as well. Seems like the did some "balance" changes as well as ability changes, which is unfortunate as it mixes the 2.

The PVE is almost insanely hard for lower level players, it was already a struggle to find groups.
-= Agony =-

Ads
nat3s

Post#12 » Fri Dec 15, 2023 11:13 pm

it also exaggerated the already super meta classes, I cannot lose on my dps AM/sham now, not a single 1v1 I fear. Was fairly absurd before, but it's crazy now.

Gear and rr needs to be slightly impactful, you can't just allow someone to pick insta-win on char selection.

Said it time and again, but allowing AP drain to interrupt detaunt is all that's needed. Subtle change, but hugely impactful in the 1v1 meta. Right now, ap drain, detaun and heal and then go HAM after that = free kills. Glass cannon that go full dots upfront will still lose some which feels right as that's a skill issue. Take double hot solo roaming def dps sham, crazy op and after cheesing it for so long, it's just boring at this point, I want a reason to play other classes in solo roaming.
Defraz rr81 Magus
Defrack rr81 Mara
Induce rr77 Shaman
rr7x AM, Choppa, WL, WH, WE, BG

Vri

Post#13 » Fri Dec 15, 2023 11:28 pm

I have been playing on and off since 2016. The amount of work that the team has completed, is incredible. I am just happy that the game is still live and we can play. I do not understand why some players ( not op) want to fast track/push the devs.

Enjoy that game while you can. If your fav spec isnt to your liking, play something else or come back, when changes are made.

Scottx125

Post#14 » Sat Dec 16, 2023 3:32 am

I don't know what's rocket science about this. It was very clearly communicated. 1-2 months after the initial release are for bug fixing. After that they are going to start work on balance patches. What order/priority I don't know. Personally I'd like them to work on the classes that were broken by this patch and bring them up to a playable standard. Then start balancing from that point onward.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

nat3s

Post#15 » Sat Dec 16, 2023 7:26 am

Scottx125 wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 3:32 am I don't know what's rocket science about this. It was very clearly communicated. 1-2 months after the initial release are for bug fixing. After that they are going to start work on balance patches. What order/priority I don't know. Personally I'd like them to work on the classes that were broken by this patch and bring them up to a playable standard. Then start balancing from that point onward.
Dont disagree, question is whether having a long gap between ability changes and balance patch is a good approach. For the health of the pop, I think linking both to the same push would have been better received. Sure larger release means more time spent in unit testing and UAT, but at least would have meant not leaving the game in a broken state fo an extended period of time.

However big fan that they are doing something though, change keeps the game fresh. Eager to see what comes next!!
Defraz rr81 Magus
Defrack rr81 Mara
Induce rr77 Shaman
rr7x AM, Choppa, WL, WH, WE, BG

Culexus

Post#16 » Sat Dec 16, 2023 3:08 pm

Akalukz wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 7:07 pm what is bothersome is that some of the fixes, are actually taking things back to a broken point. For instance, magnet/rift pulling all players to a single spot on the map. The AP/HP regen changes are rough as well. Seems like the did some "balance" changes as well as ability changes, which is unfortunate as it mixes the 2.

The PVE is almost insanely hard for lower level players, it was already a struggle to find groups.

What changes were made to AP/HP Regen? I know a lot of people have been noticing their AP regen is much lower, is this what's causing it?
Bigun - 85 Black Orc
Brian - 70+ Choppa
Taff - 70+ Warrior Priest
Karak Norn Veteran

Caleb

Post#17 » Sat Dec 16, 2023 4:20 pm

I don't think there was a better choice for deploying this update, mostly because they simply don't have enough people to test everything and people also don't play the PTR.

It's such a massive change that it is best to head straight into it and struggle through the transition phase as fast as possible and iron out the bugs like we do now, so that after 1-2 months the server can stabilize and go forward better than ever.

It sucks but I don't think there's a better path currently.

Akalukz

Post#18 » Sun Dec 17, 2023 10:01 pm

Culexus wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 3:08 pm
Akalukz wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 7:07 pm what is bothersome is that some of the fixes, are actually taking things back to a broken point. For instance, magnet/rift pulling all players to a single spot on the map. The AP/HP regen changes are rough as well. Seems like the did some "balance" changes as well as ability changes, which is unfortunate as it mixes the 2.

What changes were made to AP/HP Regen? I know a lot of people have been noticing their AP regen is much lower, is this what's causing it?
It appears as if regen of both HP and AP only work when not on GCD. So if you are spamming buttons you will have no regen.
-= Agony =-

Ads