Recent Topics

Ads

Cone Of FIre

Let's talk about... everything else
Panel

Cone Of FIre

Post#1 » Sat Dec 16, 2023 4:59 am

Simple question - how "big" is cone of fire - sorry cant find the right terms atm - how many "degrees" wide is it ( if that makes sense) - does it have flat end or a curved one. I ask cos i get "target outside of cone of fire" message in one situation and then not in the same situation in another zone. Hard enough adjusting to a new movement/playstyle without the conditions being the same in all situations .

Ads
Fenris78

Re: Cone Of FIre

Post#2 » Sat Dec 16, 2023 9:41 am

IIRC, cone of fire is a 90° wide arc (i.e. quarter of a circle with you being in center).

It's a 180° when it comes to determine front and rear sides of characters.

ShadowWar

Post#3 » Sat Dec 16, 2023 6:28 pm

It does feel really, really punishing now. Especially when trying to kite as a SW.

We can still play assault spec, but that's really the very bottom of my desires.

Han

Post#4 » Sat Dec 16, 2023 8:04 pm

Sulorie

Post#5 » Sun Dec 17, 2023 10:34 am

You was able to cast in 180° cone in front of you. Now it feels more narrow.
Dying is no option.

evilisback

Post#6 » Tue Dec 19, 2023 2:39 pm

havent played in a year or so and hopped on my SW yesterday and noticed this.. is this something new addressed in a patch somewhere/working as intended? takes away quite a bit of livelihood from a class that most people would already consider underwhelming

mielgato

Post#7 » Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:29 pm

Sulorie wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 10:34 am You was able to cast in 180° cone in front of you. Now it feels more narrow.
On top of having a larger cone for cast, i'm pretty sure you could also use all "instant" abilities regardless where the cone of attack were facing, I know for a fact that I could dot (sham) people running after me while literally giving them my back and pressing Z. iGTAOE slow as well.

Melee could fire abilities on people behind them all the while running as well, I did that a lot with my tanks. Now you actually have to sidestrafe to do that and keep on the move, imagine the change.

evilisback wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 2:39 pm havent played in a year or so and hopped on my SW yesterday and noticed this.. is this something new addressed in a patch somewhere/working as intended? takes away quite a bit of livelihood from a class that most people would already consider underwhelming
I would agree that the current cone of fire is maybe a bit too restrictive. I wouldn't mind having it increased at 120° if it's actually 90° currently.

Tesq

Post#8 » Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:42 pm

Spoiler:
mielgato wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:29 pm
Sulorie wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 10:34 am You was able to cast in 180° cone in front of you. Now it feels more narrow.
On top of having a larger cone for cast, i'm pretty sure you could also use all "instant" abilities regardless where the cone of attack were facing, I know for a fact that I could dot (sham) people running after me while literally giving them my back and pressing Z. iGTAOE slow as well.

Melee could fire abilities on people behind them all the while running as well, I did that a lot with my tanks. Now you actually have to sidestrafe to do that and keep on the move, imagine the change.

evilisback wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 2:39 pm havent played in a year or so and hopped on my SW yesterday and noticed this.. is this something new addressed in a patch somewhere/working as intended? takes away quite a bit of livelihood from a class that most people would already consider underwhelming
There is a bug that apply cone of fire area to tanks punt (which arent area skill so should NOT have cone area), i alredy reported that (error message while trying to punt in chat), regarding melee st skills there is problem with client likely auto face turning, it's forced over camera controll, so when you try to hit something which is not static you can't because you can't turn-in it's fix direction ( or something like that) it cames with also less melee rangewhen ppl moving around; regardless all these new problem with melee skills are application of some kind of cone of fire/ line of sight calculation going wrong ( i alredy reported both so finger cross ).

Ads
Nameless

Post#9 » Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:58 pm

On live you could not cast dots or instant casts out of cone of fire. The thing is that you didnt had cone of fire at all on ror till now so ppl used to play on certain way which is now drastically changed. And at the end it is big nerf for rdps once again.
Personally I would disable it all together. I dont see much benefit from it, esp after 10 years of non function
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

Tesq

Post#10 » Tue Dec 19, 2023 4:21 pm

Nameless wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:58 pm On live you could not cast dots or instant casts out of cone of fire. The thing is that you didnt had cone of fire at all on ror till now so ppl used to play on certain way which is now drastically changed. And at the end it is big nerf for rdps once again.
Personally I would disable it all together. I dont see much benefit from it, esp after 10 years of non function
In live you could strife (180 degree) aswell, the strife got fixed with vfx fix with the area of the skill, but ST skills are a different matter, in live you could litteraly punt someone while being behind him and facing with camera the opposite direction. Or start the punt in front, moving bheind and punt him where you want, now is all chunky. Atm i cant even self buff corretly in zerg fight on my BG due these pseudo cone of fire for st skills ( which are st skills and should NOT have a cone of fire). They had overfixed something and this is causing issues. At lest for ST melee skills all these hard check should all be removed or be changed to 180 degree instead 90.