Recent Topics

Ads

Kotbs reworked Runefang - no resonable builds...

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Razz1n

Kotbs reworked Runefang - no resonable builds...

Post#1 » Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:45 pm

Hello and here is my problem with new 11 points Runefang: you cant make any possible build for 2h even with +2 sov because you still need 1 point more :S

Here is the build:

https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... 62,8060&t=

You can't sacrifice any more skills for 1 point because they all core. AP tactic, Owerpowering swing, ST stun, Focused Mending cant remove any of them but still need 1 point. IMO you need to replace tree slots of 9 points Mirmidia's Fury with 11 points Renefang to make resonable 2h build with Runefang possible. Otherwise i dont see how you can make it.

Ads
Rydiak

Re: Kotbs reworked Runefang - no resonable builds...

Post#2 » Mon Dec 11, 2023 5:13 pm

Oh no, you have to sacrifice something and can't get everything in one single build! Oh the humanity!
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!

Razz1n

Post#3 » Mon Dec 11, 2023 5:47 pm

Rydiak wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 5:13 pm Oh no, you have to sacrifice something and can't get everything in one single build! Oh the humanity!

Then suguest what you can sacrifice here with out completely destroying build or you just trolling.

My point there is no real and resonable builds for kotbs with Runefang atm. Prove me wrong.

nocturnalguest

Post#4 » Mon Dec 11, 2023 6:06 pm

Yeah. Sad truth. Destroy confidence same stuff. Dropping ap aura is the only possible sacrifice i believe, cant drop kd no matter what, cant drop fm, cant drop os, cant drop punt. However its all about what group can do - Advarka team ran solar flare on Saturday. Also with old nightmares of proc meta returning can run on your guard. Im serious

Edit: In regards to runefang i believe it has no place anywhere outside of soloyolo shenanigans tbf.
Last edited by nocturnalguest on Mon Dec 11, 2023 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sharpblader2

Post#5 » Mon Dec 11, 2023 6:10 pm

Razz1n wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 5:47 pm
Rydiak wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 5:13 pm Oh no, you have to sacrifice something and can't get everything in one single build! Oh the humanity!

Then suguest what you can sacrifice here with out completely destroying build or you just trolling.

My point there is no real and resonable builds for kotbs with Runefang atm. Prove me wrong.

This is the issue we've been discussing about knight for so long.

This class has such great group utilities as 2h that it is a sin to not grab Focused Mending and overpowering swing for group play. Which makes it extremely difficult for other tactics to compete

Sacrificing KD would not be great, but let's say hypothetically you did and grabbed Runefang, I don't think it's still enough to compete with the offensive capabilities that other 2h tanks bring to the table.

Nefarian78

Post#6 » Mon Dec 11, 2023 6:23 pm

That's not Runefang's fault or Shatter confidence's fault. Kobs simply has far too many game defining tools that not taking them is a crime.

This is what's called suffering from success. How do you go about fixing that? Well, nobody likes to pursue that line of thought and we all know why.
They done stole my character's names. Can't have **** in RoR.

Razz1n

Post#7 » Mon Dec 11, 2023 9:50 pm

Nefarian78 wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 6:23 pm That's not Runefang's fault or Shatter confidence's fault. Kobs simply has far too many game defining tools that not taking them is a crime.

This is what's called suffering from success. How do you go about fixing that? Well, nobody likes to pursue that line of thought and we all know why.

Well ofc knight have many tools to play with but also some serious weakness as 2h like a not so high parry compared to the other tanks. While chousen still have his parry buff skill, knight can be punted more easily even in the face. The old runefang (which i remind you was a core and free) kinda solved that problem but then devs decided to completely rework it and move to the 3d tree first then even delete it as no one wanted to take it anymore.

And finally speaking about current version of Runefang, i dont see the reasons why its so high on points now what you cant even take it with +2 sov... this is pure trolling because you need only one point to complete the build with Runefang. Why its one point off is it so OP? Sorry i dont get it. And then we have 9 points channeling skill Mirmidia's Fury in the same tree which no one takes and it only holds the place what a shame...

Keula

Post#8 » Tue Dec 12, 2023 5:58 am

Just don't take focused mending if you want to roleplay a dps, ez.

What's that? Oh focused mending is too op and must have on every kotbs? Well too bad.

Also did/do ppl even use runefang when it was core? I always thought the last tactic slot in small scale 2h was slice through as that's what i think kotbs used, on solo ranked at least when that was a still thing, as I remember being perma snared by that a lot as an sdok and it was very effective and annoying.
Alteredheal 85 DOK
Azerrad 79 Sorc
Lumoojatar 70 AM

Ads
nocturnalguest

Post#9 » Tue Dec 12, 2023 8:37 am

Razz1n wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 9:50 pm Well ofc knight have many tools to play with but also some serious weakness as 2h like a not so high parry compared to the other tanks. While chousen still have his parry buff skill, knight can be punted more easily even in the face. The old runefang (which i remind you was a core and free) kinda solved that problem but then devs decided to completely rework it and move to the 3d tree first then even delete it as no one wanted to take it anymore.

And finally speaking about current version of Runefang, i dont see the reasons why its so high on points now what you cant even take it with +2 sov... this is pure trolling because you need only one point to complete the build with Runefang. Why its one point off is it so OP? Sorry i dont get it. And then we have 9 points channeling skill Mirmidia's Fury in the same tree which no one takes and it only holds the place what a shame...
Dont get your ranting. Also quite alot of wild false claims i sense

> serious weakness as 2h like a not so high parry compared to the other tanks
which they in the end overcome with gear /shrug

> knight can be punted more easily even in the face
not true, every kotbs was overstacking parry with gear with mixes of alike (https://killboard.returnofreckoning.com ... 434/armory, there are different 3/3/3 or 3/3/2 mixes around, common is to slot every piece of gear with +parry on it)
atm with new options meta evolves, changes, so people go like this
https://killboard.returnofreckoning.com ... 915/armory
https://killboard.returnofreckoning.com ... 214/armory
But they are breaking classic trispec for Shatter Confidence, abandoning AP aura as ive told you already.
Kotbs was never a good pick to focus in 6v6 as by itemization they were always been built very tanky cause its not possible to bring any kind of meaningful assist dmg anyways.

> The old runefang (which i remind you was a core and free) kinda solved that problem
It didnt solve any problem, it made kotbs a great solo roam pick. It was fun and entertaining to pug around as one but it had absolutely no effect into any competetive play

> this is pure trolling because you need only one point to complete the build with Runefang
What build are u talking about? look man, kotbs will not do nor good burst nor sustain as its role is enabler = shining blade + shatter confidence + overpowering swing + wounds debuff. it opens up possiblities to boost DPS on focused target. it never had any kind of meaningful assist dmg, it was always DESIGNED like that for group play.
Also nothing prohibits you to go with 6p off sov, take runefang, skip KD for solo yolo roam/pugging around take everything you want from masteries.
For me its clear you want a build with all utility plus boosted assist damage, but Runefang will not help you much, even with high str/ws you will still have nor meaningful sustain nor proper burst. IB burst comes from stacking up alot of dots which all have sync ticks, SM sustain comes from different dmg type on many skills it has etc. Kotbs design has nothing to do proper assist dmg. what are u expecting to do actually? PS'ing with high str/ws? Not gonna work out. Most of kotbs dmg skills have very low scalers so boosting out str/ws will not do a wonder.

> Why its one point off is it so OP? Sorry i dont get it. And then we have 9 points channeling skill Mirmidia's Fury in the same tree which no one takes and it only holds the place what a shame...
This part i fully agree tho, runefang aint OP, nor it fits in any kind of competetive play as i see it atm. MF is literaly a joke, it was the worst channel before patch, havent yet tested tank channels again, but dont think much has changed in this regards.

Sulorie

Post#10 » Tue Dec 12, 2023 3:48 pm

Mayne not the best setup but with 2 knight in party you don't need 2x heal tactic. One of them can skip it.
Dying is no option.