Recent Topics

Ads

[Mara] talk regarding the future

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
fontin

Re: [Mara] talk regarding the future

Post#21 » Sat Dec 02, 2023 4:01 pm

the future is to reroll a slayer WL or choppa before its too late.

Ads
fontin

Post#22 » Sat Dec 02, 2023 4:02 pm

Tetzou wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 9:17 pm Did more dmg to a test dummy with my Swordmaster 2h in 6sov 3wl all wounds/armor talis vs my BiS sove Mara. 1k dps vs 700dps. My Wl dish out 1300dps+. In New patch mode ofc.
Top of the line.
Bringing a mara for some serious action is just Plain Dumb. A Bg Will do the needed debuffs , and guard, and prolly more dmg.
fact.

wildwindblows

Post#23 » Sat Dec 02, 2023 4:24 pm

Fenris78 wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 9:33 am 25% armor Pen. tactic is equal to 350 WS... Why are you ever complaining, especially on a class that got the strongest armor debuff of the game ?

WL got same armor debuf, without the luxury of an armor ignore tactic on top...

Reality is that classes with 50% armor penetration tactic were clearly too strong, i.e. stealthers and mara, and didnt required to invest into WS to be effective.

Now every mdps will be with strenghts and weaknesses, without getting a mandatory bred and butter tactic allowing them to overcapitalize on defensive skills, to the point they become both too resilient AND too deadly to ensure good balance.

And about the patch, still keep in mind that those changes are, for a significant part, a starting point before further fine tweaking over this, so it will not stay "like this" forever.

As for armor penetration tactics, I bet my hat they will stay like that, because like I said, 50% armor penetration on one single tactic is way too strong in this game, especially for amount of damage all mDPS can deal.
PB should be the best tactic for aoe but it is definately not for ST. İ dont know how wl is better overall and Mara is still weak. Game will be balanced when Mara reach wl level.

juzziex

Post#24 » Sun Dec 03, 2023 6:06 am

Garamore wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 2:13 pm Remember this isn't the balance patch - this is a stepping stone to that. Lets hope that in that patch they will do something to make all dps on par.

Until then in RvR we will do what we always have done - be an interrupt/kd bot with more survivability but less damage than a choppa. In smallscale ill just play my choppa/we.
Just because they want to label it "ability rework patch not balance patch" doesn't change what it is. It will be the ACTIVE live patch of the current game. So yes it should be a BALANCED patch. (imagine thinking otherwise? Holy hell).

Now consider this patch took 4 years to make...we had like 1 balance update (witchbrew nerf) in that whole time. Is it a big project? Kind of....but for anyone else who has been around long enough can probably agree that t2,t3,t4. Huge engi/magus updates etc probably took more work than this patch and were pumped out in just a few months.

So the track record for the next live patch (which is HOPEFULLY correctly titled as the "balance patch") could be years away...also how can we confirm this will actual balance anything if/when it finally comes?

Sorry but this patch is a disaster....unbelievable they would release it into the live game and unbelievable it took 4 years to make this.

Acidic

Post#25 » Sun Dec 03, 2023 10:51 am

Lots of dom and glom thrown out

I see that the change to the tactic from flat 50 armor debug to additive 25 is kind of ok, switching tactics and some gear around to get back. Tested and was not such a big deal.

The stat modifier is another issue but that is a general thing for all where stat multiplier is being adjusted to (from how I read it) to make stat doll and client better match for all classes not just Mara.

So when I looked at effects and test day / test server there was a difference down but was not so bad and as it appears a general change in balancing (from stat multiplier to something else) the logic is ok.
Obviously we would prefer that the change went in without the changes to current effects but until we get off our butts and help coding we should not comment the approach (even if I don’t think it’s optimal)

So in short it’s a technical patch that will have balance effects (even including specific balance changes) it’s geared to reduce the complexity of the system and speed balancing. Unfortunately the track record of balancing is awful (just look at Black orc and poor choices done there)

Tisaya

Post#26 » Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:12 pm

If you think Mara got it bad, you should have tried WL during the patch day. Wet noodle damage and completely uncomfortable lion, running around and attacking random people.

siglade

Post#27 » Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:50 pm

Tetzou wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 9:17 pm Did more dmg to a test dummy with my Swordmaster 2h in 6sov 3wl all wounds/armor talis vs my BiS sove Mara. 1k dps vs 700dps. My Wl dish out 1300dps+. In New patch mode ofc.
Top of the line.
Bringing a mara for some serious action is just Plain Dumb. A Bg Will do the needed debuffs , and guard, and prolly more dmg.
Either you don't know how to play mara or your bis is not bis :lol:
bachata, excommunicate abuser