Recent Topics

Ads

Chosen and new ability system

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Fey

Re: Chosen and new ability system

Post#11 » Thu Nov 30, 2023 2:08 am

I really hope it isn't like that. Swapping guard is what good waffles do.
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan

Ads
CyunUnderis

Post#12 » Thu Nov 30, 2023 6:25 am

From what I read on Discord, Guard swap and Chosen/Knight's punt will be implemented like in the current RoR version (so better punt and QoL on Guard).

Just be patient.

Hazmy
Community Management

Post#13 » Thu Nov 30, 2023 9:35 am

Fey wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 1:03 am Ability rework guard costs a GCD to change? Are you **** serious? Ah who's the genius who came up with that?
No one came up with that - there's lots of misinformed feedback on the forums by people who never read the official dev blog on what the Ability Change Rework is.
Since it's a brand new system a lot of old fixes and bandaids that were implemented to improve the game by RoR do not function on top of it and that is why a lot of good features are simply reverted to worse verisons - they will have to be re-implemented ( albeit will be faster and easier thanks to the new system ).

Most of the changes aren't intended nerfs - they are temporary nerfs they intend to fix with the new Ability System properly.

Fey

Post#14 » Fri Dec 01, 2023 4:54 am

There are nerfs, and there are game breaking changes that severely hinder fundamental mechanics. I get what you're saying though.
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan

Tordek421

Post#15 » Fri Dec 01, 2023 10:26 pm

Fey wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 4:54 am There are nerfs, and there are game breaking changes that severely hinder fundamental mechanics. I get what you're saying though.
I will have to amend my earlier comment, I was playing some scenarios today and I was able to swap guard seamlessly without a gcd. I must have either been misremembering or maybe that was the result of playing some Red Eye ROR at 3 am.
Da Waaagh Rollz On.