Recent Topics

Ads

Magus/Engi pet repair function removal

Let's talk about... everything else
Orontes

Magus/Engi pet repair function removal

Post#1 » Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:55 am

Has an explanation been given on why under the new class revisions the Magus/Engi pet repair function is being removed? It was originally implemented to help the classes from having to resummon their pets during seige etc. over and over and over ....and over: effectively eliminating them from building up the nerfed 20% damage buff (that should be 40% like it was for years ).

Ads
CyunUnderis

Re: Magus/Engi pet repair function removal

Post#2 » Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:39 am

Read this please : viewtopic.php?t=51417

Orontes

Post#3 » Thu Nov 30, 2023 3:10 am

CyunUnderis wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:39 am Read this please : viewtopic.php?t=51417
I don't see the referenced explains why they are making this change. The inability of magi and engi to heal their pets (particularly during any siege (when damage is flying hither thither) means their core mechanic using the pet will be undone.

paperclipdog

Post#4 » Thu Nov 30, 2023 3:56 am

Orontes wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 3:10 am
CyunUnderis wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:39 am Read this please : viewtopic.php?t=51417
I don't see the referenced explains why they are making this change. The inability of magi and engi to heal their pets (particularly during any siege (when damage is flying hither thither) means their core mechanic using the pet will be undone.
They are essentially reverting to a previous patch & a different method of coding things. Some effects like getting range from turrets and FODG/EOV castable on the move were made through means that aren't available with this new method so... bye bye. Other things would require a lot of effort so for now, bye bye. I'm not sure which of those camps our pet heal is in but I dimly remember it to be the former.

It's kinda funny how pet heal has grown on people. I remember how most of us hating that change, but combined with general pet surviveability buffs it's now quite nice to have. Especially for cucked engis who can't even properly afford the insta summon tactic. Stagger cleanse is infinitely better for small scale tho.

CyunUnderis

Post#5 » Thu Nov 30, 2023 6:22 am

Why are they making this change ? They are going back to version 1.4.8 from live.
So, there is no skill that heals turret but a skill that removes stagger effects.

aa91837

Post#6 » Thu Nov 30, 2023 7:27 am

CyunUnderis wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 6:22 am
Why are they making this change ? They are going back to version 1.4.8 from live.
So, there is no skill that heals turret but a skill that removes stagger effects.
it's simple not true

where +50% range sw/sh tactic?
where 100% dmg rdps morale 2 ?
where snb thc BO?
where 40% snare tactic BO?

etc

etc

i can continue with many examples :lol:
Nobody on the broken noob class

ravezaar

Post#7 » Thu Nov 30, 2023 8:37 am

In its stead Engi/Magus got back the ability to remove stun or stagger for there group, the one that removes the 7s one from WH/WE. I think that skill far better both as Solo and in Warband then a repair Turret that I never ever use anyway.

Thats how I feel, I see this as a positive
Ravezaar Slayer rr86
Ravezz Ironbreker rr82
Goingsolo Shadow Warrior rr81
Zutha Runepriest rr83
Raave Magus rr84 (finally gave in to Tzeentch whispers)
https://imgur.com/a/mlxv1nJ

CyunUnderis

Post#8 » Thu Nov 30, 2023 9:07 am

aa91837 wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 7:27 am it's simple not true

where snb thc BO?

etc

etc

You can't say that is not totally true. This is partially true (with for example Engi/Magus changes, some changes Knight/Chosen, ...).

Anyway, they go back to a somewhat version 1.4.8. After, balance will come. Be patient.

Ads
Hazmy
Community Management

Post#9 » Thu Nov 30, 2023 9:45 am

aa91837 wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 7:27 am
CyunUnderis wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 6:22 am Why are they making this change ? They are going back to version 1.4.8 from live.
it's simple not true

where snb thc BO?

etc

etc

They are not going back to 1.4.8 - that's also a misinterpretation of the dev blog.

They are going back to the closest stable version of each ability that they implemented on the RoR server - but some fixes and implementation that they developed for the old system are not all compatible with the new system and they will have to be re-implemented.

So basically some of the old fixes / improvements like instant guard are coming back as soon as they are fixed.