Ads

Lots of Numbers: ORVR last 7 days

Let's talk about... everything else
thiefy

Re: Lots of Numbers: ORVR last 7 days

Post#11 » Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:12 pm

rom85 wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 3:28 pm
Spoiler:
interesting data, but important data is missing to compare between classes. The number of characters/class. Because for example the choppa made a lot of kills, but how many choppas were in play at that moment? The magus has a bad ratio, but for how many magus in play. knowing that the magus is very little played.
Trying to jump to conclusions with partial raw data usually end to terribly wrong results... These data are fine for what they are and nothing more.

To give you an extreme example, these data cannot prove wrong the following statement.
"Dps zealots are op because the only 1 that exists scored 192 kills to 0 deaths"
Go figure.....
yes i'm toxic but i speak the "truth"
(disclaimer: "truth" is subjective to a person's point of view and possible personal interest)
congratulations! your vision is perfect!
rly? don't you have anything better to do?

Ads
lumpi33

Post#12 » Tue Nov 14, 2023 9:55 pm

rom85 wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 3:28 pm interesting data, but important data is missing to compare between classes. The number of characters/class. Because for example the choppa made a lot of kills, but how many choppas were in play at that moment? The magus has a bad ratio, but for how many magus in play. knowing that the magus is very little played.
It's just a kill & death count/ratio over the last 7 days.

In that context the player count doesn't mean much. You can have 1 sorcs doing a 1000 kills a week and you can have 10 sorcs doing 100 kills together over the same time frame. Then you have 11 sorcs doing 1100 kills in total, or 100 kills per sorc on average. So does that tell us anything? No. The kill/death ratio is bit better in this case.

- The kill break down gives an indication of what is being played and who is getting kills. Higher number means more played and/or better in getting kills. A kill = "most damage done to target" in that context. Not just "final deathblow".
- The kill/death ratio gives an indication of how hard it is to get kills for a certain career. Still an average tho. There were probably players doing a lot better and some worse. Still a nice indicator in my opinion.
Last edited by lumpi33 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tazdingo

Post#13 » Tue Nov 14, 2023 10:03 pm

sorc has definitely felt overtuned for a while that kdr vs bw is insane

lumpi33

Post#14 » Tue Nov 14, 2023 10:37 pm

tazdingo wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 10:03 pm sorc has definitely felt overtuned for a while that kdr vs bw is insane
I already curious to see how the numbers will be after the ability overhaul patch. With WL pounce, SW kd, engi range getting nerfed Sorcs will haven even less enemies that could kill them at 100ft range. BWs might be also better than with choppa/mara pulls and SH kd nerfed.

All in all Im not a fan of the direction they are heading. It's basically a buff the strong and nerf the weak. Let's see how it turns out. It's gonna be a weird mix of last live version and last RoR version. A lot of tweaking will be required afterwards.

Paxsanarion

Post#15 » Tue Nov 14, 2023 10:52 pm

tazdingo wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 10:03 pm sorc has definitely felt overtuned for a while that kdr vs bw is insane
In my mind its so difficult to draw any real conclusions .......in this instance could it be Destro in general tends to have more a front line / tanks and thus Sorc is better protected than BW .......in general? Too many variables to say......but the numbers are fun :-)

I think in any of this and with any balance changes one has to look at the whole picture of Destro classes and how they compliment each other and Order classes and how they compliment each other. The overall idea of how each faction is supposed to perform vs the other. Its a complex picture and cant be easily balanced by just removing skills from one class or another. Everything you do will impact how the faction performs in the big picture.

Of course I could be wrong entirely :-)

Nefarian78

Post#16 » Wed Nov 15, 2023 2:09 am

Not really. While sorc is by no means weak and is, generally, better than BW for ST content you need to keep in mind most of those kills are all from 6-7 people. I know, because I play and have played with basically all of them for a long time in 1-3-2 setups. Usually each zone lock ends up with 200+ kills and 2 to 3 deaths per group member so padding KDR is trivial.

All of those people also play BW/SW on Order, just far less so due to Aao usually being on destro. If anything in my experience roaming on order is far easier and even more easier is to pad KDR thanks to 120ft engagement range and much higher warband kiting potential there aswell as BW having another rKD at 100ft that Sorcs do not have.

These numbers are interesting to look at, sure, however they don't even begin to paint the picture of why and how certain classes are where they're at.
They done stole my character's names. Can't have **** in RoR.

fabrizio3k

Post#17 » Wed Nov 15, 2023 7:26 am

is there a chance to see the actual amount of unique players grouped by career?
That would be more interesting

ps Engineer perfectly balanced

agemennon675

Post#18 » Wed Nov 15, 2023 7:37 am

Nefarian78 wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 2:09 am
Not really. While sorc is by no means weak and is, generally, better than BW for ST content you need to keep in mind most of those kills are all from 6-7 people. I know, because I play and have played with basically all of them for a long time in 1-3-2 setups. Usually each zone lock ends up with 200+ kills and 2 to 3 deaths per group member so padding KDR is trivial.

All of those people also play BW/SW on Order, just far less so due to Aao usually being on destro. If anything in my experience roaming on order is far easier and even more easier is to pad KDR thanks to 120ft engagement range and much higher warband kiting potential there aswell as BW having another rKD at 100ft that Sorcs do not have.

These numbers are interesting to look at, sure, however they don't even begin to paint the picture of why and how certain classes are where they're at.
Yeah definitely "numbers don't even begin to paint the picture" ? Instead we should base our arguments with this guys experience instead, he said BW/SW have easier time padding KDR so it must be true
Destruction: 40-BG / 40-DoK / 40-Chosen / 37-Mara / 37/Sorc / 36-SH / 36-Choppa / 24-Shaman / 16-WE
Order: 40-SW / 40-SM / 40-WP / 40-WL / 39-Kotbs / 38-BW / 33-AM / 22-WH / 16-RP / 12-Slayer

Ads
tazdingo

Post#19 » Wed Nov 15, 2023 4:14 pm

personal experience can't be disregarded, we all see things differently. i mostly play discordants and weekend events and to me it looks like this:

playing destro - bw can be completely ignored, they're either gonna die incidentally or achieve so little that they just don't matter. pretty much all of their contribution comes from flames of rhuin. ST SW is 1000x more threatening

playing order - if they have a good ST sorc then that is the number 1 target all of the time with zero exceptions because if left unchecked they will just murder our entire team on their own

lumpi33

Post#20 » Wed Nov 15, 2023 5:48 pm

fabrizio3k wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 7:26 am is there a chance to see the actual amount of unique players grouped by career?
That would be more interesting

ps Engineer perfectly balanced
Updated my initial post on page 1 with additional stats.