Recent Topics

Ads

Suggestions because I am bored lol

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Dakkhon

Suggestions because I am bored lol

Post#1 » Thu Oct 19, 2023 11:52 am

I have a WP that I use for farming cash. He is actually 40/40 but he has mostly pve gear that I just put together to farm. Is it worth it to suck it up and start from here or just make another toon from scratch (cringes) lol? Its just another toon to that I want to play in rvr melee for fun.
Marauder and WE killer because I hate classes that require no skill lol! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ads
francomes

Re: Suggestions because I am bored lol

Post#2 » Thu Oct 19, 2023 11:58 am

If u go book+hammer u can go naked and still be useful. Healers are the only class that don't suffer that much from loosing bolstering at 40.

If u wanna go with shield u will need some more gear. If u wanna go 2H u need rr80

Gladiolix

Post#3 » Thu Oct 19, 2023 12:15 pm

Healers are super forgiving on rank and gear, position yourself well in the lakes and you'll do just fine (good positioning > good gear, in terms of survivability as a healer). No reason to reroll.
LEGION OF PERKELE
Shaman - Gladiolix (rr86)
Black Orc - Oomiestompa (rr85)
Squig Herder - Bluglog (rr85)
Choppa - Poliisi (rr84)

KoBS rr70+, BW rr70+, WP rr60+

Scottx125

Post#4 » Thu Oct 19, 2023 12:31 pm

I won't lie. Grace in ORVR is not great. It's squishy and you're going to be trying to melee stuff in blob on blob fights. And in sieges you're gonna be struggling to heal people. However Grace does work okay in city with a good group and works okay in SCs (you need good gear to do well as Grace spec). Wrath is a no-go. Play it if you want but it's sub-optimal(even with BiS) and nobody really wants you outside of off-peak hours.

If you're looking for a melee dps that's fun and has decent survival for solo play. I'd say try a WL. Slayer is the order META atm. But it's a painful experience solo, you need a group to be able to play it properly.

If DPS isn't your goal you can go tank. Though the best mesh of tank/dps is Sword Master 2h. But it's a challenge to play well. The IB is even harder.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

Dakkhon

Post#5 » Thu Oct 19, 2023 3:55 pm

Thanks all for the replies. I was actually thinking about melee because it seems pretty hard to do and the challenge to do it is intriguing. Maybe I could actually try healing until a get a higher RR and get better gear. My AM is dps and is awesome to play. But the WP is way different for melee. Ill try healing for a bit but I am just terrible at it to be clear lol. On my AM I know when to heal and when to attack but thats ranged. Its easy to know what to do with range but melee....way different. Lots to think about for sure. Ty all again.
Marauder and WE killer because I hate classes that require no skill lol! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: