Recent Topics

Ads

Game is boring without double XP

Let's talk about... everything else
Helwer

Re: Game is boring without double XP

Post#21 » Thu Oct 19, 2023 8:21 am

Talladego wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 7:52 am
Helwer wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 7:24 am I guess nearly everything was made people asked for... and there are still not more players. Easier to get renown, crests and gear as ever before and people are still complaining. Pitty.
Except it it isn't easier, it is much slower in my experience (with 7 rr80+ mostly from before currency changes).
Maybe it is faster for premades and organised guild-warbands but for a casual recreational gamer geezer like me it has turned into a soul-crushing grind.
That's exactly what i meant. You say 100% what complaining players said before to get these changes. Imagine 11 runs for BB/BE or CnT to get the ring. They complaint cause they couldn't attend Forts and Cities. :lol: You didn't even have "replica" items you can spend thousands of crests for nowadays. Ranked grind ftw. You think it would help every 80 char gets all stuff for free or even easier? It won't help because people still complain like you do, there would still not be more players.

Ads
shoelessHN

Post#22 » Thu Oct 19, 2023 8:31 am

Helwer wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 7:24 am I guess nearly everything was made people asked for... and there are still not more players. Easier to get renown, crests and gear as ever before and people are still complaining. Pitty.
Except it it isn't easier, it is much slower in my experience (with 7 rr80+ mostly from before currency changes).
Maybe it is faster for premades and organised guild-warbands but for a casual recreational gamer geezer like me it has turned into a soul-crushing grind.
The currency change certainly sped up the sov grind, or were you a fan of 4am cities?

PvE wards counting for rvr gear has allowed most people to completely skip most pvp sets.

However now forts are meaningless. Cities are meaningless.

Sulorie

Post#23 » Thu Oct 19, 2023 8:57 am

For those who were online, when daily city siege happened, there was no grind.
Dying is no option.

Amakusa

Post#24 » Thu Oct 19, 2023 9:11 am

In my opinion you need 5 more players who know how to play their class/role to have fun with RoR.
To achieve this you need to join a good guild or recruit people who you don't have to carry all the time.
Renwon rank and gear are in second place.

Everything else is no fun in the long run.
Egos, Kyoshiro, Kokoshibu, Sosa, Riegert, Luniz, Gankplank <Morituri>
Dunning, Boyka, Iluv, Shirokyo, Snusnu, Engrimar, Soge <Holmgang>

francomes

Post#25 » Thu Oct 19, 2023 12:12 pm

shoelessHN wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 8:31 am
The currency change certainly sped up the sov grind, or were you a fan of 4am cities?

PvE wards counting for rvr gear has allowed most people to completely skip most pvp sets.

However now forts are meaningless. Cities are meaningless.
Sure, u can skip all wards u want now...but to do so u have to spend 25+ hours of one of the worst Pve that is around...and that's if u actually got ppl who at least listen in the dungeons and don't go in with greens. And I'm not even addingn ruin farm BL and HV to that math.

The amount of time is absolutely brutal. Most regular games don't even last half that long. On top of that after all that grind ur chat is still as weak as ever!

Oh yeah,almost forgot, u have to actually do this on every toon u wanna play...

Of course if u have 2 Dps SoV who can run you life might be a lot more bright...but that's not the case for 90% of ppl and probably for 100% of new ppl

Emissary
Community Management

Post#26 » Thu Oct 19, 2023 2:36 pm

I have said it for years now. If you want the NA times to be more active give us something to login for. The lower the server population is the higher the rewards need to be. If the server population is "lets say" below 400 then crests, rr and influence gets a boost of 50% of whatever that magic # is and then decrease the gains the more population is online.

I can play on EU time for 1 hour and get the same crests and rr it takes me 4 to 5 hours in NA times to get. You say, oh that would incentivise low pops. No, literally you would create a system that would eventually make it to where the system was never used. You would increase those playing the game in NA times which would in turn get the server above that "lets say" 400 population mark which would in turn make the system not even be a factor.

My desire is to see NA booming again and it does, but only when Ruby logs in. Literally, if one person doesn't login the lakes are a boring mess and that is sad for this game.
"Courage, Honor, Loyalty, Sacrifice. You're braver than you think."

Watch me on Twitch!!!

georgehabadasher

Post#27 » Thu Oct 19, 2023 3:12 pm

Emissary wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 2:36 pm I have said it for years now. If you want the NA times to be more active give us something to login for. The lower the server population is the higher the rewards need to be. If the server population is "lets say" below 400 then crests, rr and influence gets a boost of 50% of whatever that magic # is and then decrease the gains the more population is online.
This is a great suggestion.