Recent Topics

Ads

Are the itemising issues being fixed around CL/RR 35 to 40?

Let's talk about... everything else
Seravajan

Are the itemising issues being fixed around CL/RR 35 to 40?

Post#1 » Sat Oct 07, 2023 6:58 pm

I had quit the game in the past because it was not possible to upgrade the equipment after CL/RR35+. This did not depend on doing PvP, town runs, and so on. There was even a long thread about this in the past on this forum. Now I'm wondering if there was something done on this issue.

Ads
szejoza

Re: Are the itemising issues being fixed around CL/RR 35 to 40?

Post#2 » Sat Oct 07, 2023 10:00 pm

There's tons of ways of upgrading gear, be it pve/scenarios or just plain rvr, rr35 is just a beggining of a long adventure

But if you play for the sake of gearing up only then RoR might not be the best game for you..
Spoiler:

Zealhealx

Post#3 » Sun Oct 08, 2023 1:43 am

Seravajan wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 6:58 pm
szejoza wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 10:00 pm There's tons of ways of upgrading gear, be it pve/scenarios or just plain rvr, rr35 is just a beggining of a long adventure

But if you play for the sake of gearing up only then RoR might not be the best game for you..
LOL, gear is everything in this game. Even the most unskilled player with BiS gear can almost always kill you 1v1 if we are talking about the same class. Also, he will most likely do double damage than you in your conqueror gear in SCS just by pressing one button. Anyway, acquiring gear is ruthless on this private server, but it is better than before as there is PvE gear now which you can get through dungeons and you can even acquire Invader Ward with it. Or, you can combine some PvE and PvP gear and then have fun. Still, there is a lot of grind. Good luck!

Sulorie

Post#4 » Sun Oct 08, 2023 9:07 am

Zealhealx wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 1:43 am
szejoza wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 10:00 pm There's tons of ways of upgrading gear, be it pve/scenarios or just plain rvr, rr35 is just a beggining of a long adventure

LOL, gear is everything in this game. Even the most unskilled player with BiS gear can almost always kill you 1v1 if we are talking about the same class. Also, he will most likely do double damage than you in your conqueror gear in SCS just by pressing one button.
Exaggerate more in order to make an argument, it will eventually be convincing.
In reality the players without any "skill" are dead all the time in SC, if we compare two solo players with different gear levels.
A dead BiS player deals no damage.
1vs1 is a niche in this game and not relevant for comparison.
For the most part the player with better potions wins, because you outlast your opponent.
This "unskilled" player magically has his pockets filled with consumables? This doesn't happen.
Inexperienced player usually use no potions.
Dying is no option.

Zealhealx

Post#5 » Sun Oct 08, 2023 3:58 pm

Sulorie wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 1:39 pm
tvbrowntown wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 11:35 am
Sulorie wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 9:07 am
Exaggerate more in order to make an argument, it will eventually be convincing.
In reality the players without any "skill" are dead all the time in SC, if we compare two solo players with different gear levels.
A dead BiS player deals no damage.
1vs1 is a niche in this game and not relevant for comparison.
For the most part the player with better potions wins, because you outlast your opponent.
This "unskilled" player magically has his pockets filled with consumables? This doesn't happen.
Inexperienced player usually use no potions.
Where are you even going with this rant?
Could you explain your thought process behind reading this as a rant?
What the hell are those arguments?

"For the most part the player with better potions wins, because you outlast your opponent.
Inexperienced player usually use no potions."

I’m not sure if this is a joke or how this argument can be taken for anything

"In reality the players without any "skill" are dead all the time in SC, if we compare two solo players with different gear levels.
A dead BiS player deals no damage."

What people are you talking about? I’m pretty sure everyone can understand the basics of how this game works and their class in 5/6 hours, let alone if you have grinded a bis gear. When I say unskilled, I’m thinking of a player who is not using his spell rotation to the maximum. For example, a healer just spamming a group heal. That would be a 1-button player. And no, he would not be dead. He would most likely be very well alive and winning SC if he is in full gear. I used to give my 10-year-old sister to play SC for me on my maxed-out WP on live. She would win most of the time as 5/6 undgeared players hitting her was like a bug bite.

Sulorie

Post#6 » Sun Oct 08, 2023 5:13 pm

Zealhealx wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 3:58 pm

What people are you talking about? I’m pretty sure everyone can understand the basics of how this game works and their class in 5/6 hours, let alone if you have grinded a bis gear.
How long do you need until rank 40? Less than 5/6 hours? Play t4 SC and you will notice, that play time alone doesn't result in "skill gain" in any sense.
You claim that understanding the basics is simple and still the daily reality proves the opposite.

Btw, you can't compare live power gaps to this server, forget anything you know from back then.
Dying is no option.

joroth

Post#7 » Mon Oct 09, 2023 1:46 am

Zealhealx wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 1:43 am

LOL, gear is everything in this game. Even the most unskilled player with BiS gear can almost always kill you 1v1 if we are talking about the same class. Also, he will most likely do double damage than you in your conqueror gear in SCS just by pressing one button. Anyway, acquiring gear is ruthless on this private server, but it is better than before as there is PvE gear now which you can get through dungeons and you can even acquire Invader Ward with it. Or, you can combine some PvE and PvP gear and then have fun. Still, there is a lot of grind. Good luck!
you can literally **** on sov players with a lvl 29 gear only magnifies skill and allows you to make more mistakes.
Eviljordy 80 dok
Thiccjordy 73 Witch Elf
Twitch.tv/eviljordy