Recent Topics

Ads

Enough with Order outnumbering Destro

Let's talk about... everything else
wonshot

Re: Enough with Order outnumbering Destro

Post#81 » Sun Sep 03, 2023 3:50 pm

As for the sidetracked subtopic here,
Destros effective killzone feels a bit wider because of the choppa pulls making the killing more compact. Yes theres still the frontal knock and Bring it on burst + IW. but being able to suck the targets from the outskirts in, while speeding yourself up, and applying the almost perma lingering 20% snare covernant just gives more control and makes the 360degree pull feel like the killzone is wider than it actually is. Because you get sucked into the real killzone.

To compare it to order warband ball killzone its all frontal, the overflowing 360 damage from WL/BW is not lethal so you can dip in and out on the outskirts of a slayerball much more safely compared to a destro meleetrain.
That said, if a 2-2-2 guildwarband in rr80 and bis gear is sucking you in that is just a winharder move most of the time. In reality players would have died to a stronger warband regardless, right now they just dont get to chose exactly where they die and that feeling is hard to shake off as it burst the illusion buble of players had a chance to begin with. Funnily enough there doesnt seem to be issues for the Crossrealming guilds when they go order and deal with playing Slayerball vs Chopmaramsh ball.

As for the actual topic, Order does seem to have such a hefty pug population that even when destro has 2-3 organized warbands in EU prime order still doesnt have aao in the cases its only Retribution guild remaining in the lake. That means crossrealming guilds rarely will come over and play on order as the numbers are fairly even.
If theres more order pug culture because of you can just get your free crests outside of EU prime later after the organized warbands have logged out, or because the realm for ever is stuck in internal imbalance on the archtypes (too much dps, and especially rdps) who knows. But LOTD and weekly fort caps are showing this statistic pretty danm well.
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Ads
Farrul

Post#82 » Sun Sep 03, 2023 4:54 pm

wonshot wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 3:50 pmIor because the realm for ever is stuck in internal imbalance on the archtypes (too much dps, and especially rdps) who knows. But LOTD and weekly fort caps are showing this statistic pretty danm well.
Engineer's and SW's are mediocre ranged dps options at best, DPS AM's less played overall than the Shaman dps equivalent, bright wizard's = sorcs more or less.

The meta on Order is still melee.

Order has way too many pug ranged dps causing an imbalance in archetype sure but that is only a symptom of more fundamental issues.

Choppa's gtdc (to a lesser extent bugged mara pulls) are part of the problem without a doubt, it is a frustration to fight against.

The general lack of Order tanks in comparison to destro is why Order fields abundance of ranged dps, without guard available less want to play melee dps, as a consequence the most popular order melee according to some statistics has been solo roaming WH''s ( self - sufficient).

It has been stated many times previously in mutliple threads.

Devs/ balance teams really need to take a good look at Order tanks, make them more attractive options to match the destro side.

Who wants to main a kotbs forever and be an aura/punt bot when Chosens have the option to be versatile and spec for damage? I'm certain Chosens outnumber Kotbs 4:1 on this server for this particular reason.

Amakusa

Post#83 » Sun Sep 03, 2023 9:04 pm

Farrul wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 4:54 pm
wonshot wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 3:50 pmIor because the realm for ever is stuck in internal imbalance on the archtypes (too much dps, and especially rdps) who knows. But LOTD and weekly fort caps are showing this statistic pretty danm well.
Devs/ balance teams really need to take a good look at Order tanks, make them more attractive options to match the destro side.
Order Tanks look ugly af, hard to fix that :D
Egos, Kyoshiro, Kokoshibu, Sosa, Riegert, Luniz, Gankplank <Morituri>
Dunning, Boyka, Iluv, Shirokyo, Snusnu, Engrimar, Soge <Holmgang>

Nickwahh5

Post#84 » Sun Sep 03, 2023 10:12 pm

Amakusa wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 9:04 pm
Farrul wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 4:54 pm
Order Tanks look ugly af, hard to fix that :D
This 100%

Avanos

Post#85 » Mon Sep 04, 2023 3:15 am

Stop crying
roll witch elf
troll order
Veretta the Witch Elf

Farrul

Post#86 » Mon Sep 04, 2023 12:45 pm

Amakusa wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 9:04 pmOrder Tanks look ugly af, hard to fix that :D
They look alright in higher level sets. IB--> BG in WL/Sov gear imho. BO-->SM for certain :) .

Chosen's i suppose look cooler than knight's but that's not the reason they are more popular.

When the devs decided to castrate the kotbs dps potential on this server is the main culprit, why invest in it unless you really must play a kotbs or into the lore etc? Chosen wins easily as they can tank when they want or change gameplay to 2 handed brawler, simply are more worthwhile investment of time.

In all games the ''dark'' side tend to attract the melee types more but you always have plenty of players who prefer the ''light'' , nice cities ( IC sucks, Altdorf is cool) and just into the themes of a ''knight '' etc.

Ninjagon

Post#87 » Mon Sep 04, 2023 1:19 pm

Garamore wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 3:41 pm Ask the devs to take it away for a week, even a month - you will see
Lets make it happen. Should be interesting :-)
Ninjab - The White Lion. No Destruction character. RETRIBUTION guild.
Also: Velmires - WP, Carnow - KotbS, Ninjagon - BW, Nynja - SW, Stin - WH, and others.
Spoiler:

Orklovesgobboz

Post#88 » Mon Sep 04, 2023 2:20 pm

Farrul wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 12:45 pm
Amakusa wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 9:04 pmOrder Tanks look ugly af, hard to fix that :D
They look alright in higher level sets. IB--> BG in WL/Sov gear imho. BO-->SM for certain :) .

Chosen's i suppose look cooler than knight's but that's not the reason they are more popular.

When the devs decided to castrate the kotbs dps potential on this server is the main culprit, why invest in it unless you really must play a kotbs or into the lore etc? Chosen wins easily as they can tank when they want or change gameplay to 2 handed brawler, simply are more worthwhile investment of time.

In all games the ''dark'' side tend to attract the melee types more but you always have plenty of players who prefer the ''light'' , nice cities ( IC sucks, Altdorf is cool) and just into the themes of a ''knight '' etc.
Nah.
aldorf sucks, IC is cool.
Which faction a player likes and the other they dont like is subjective, not objective.
IMO altdorf is ugly af and I view order as lame and campy, they are 100% exactly just like the alliance in worldofwarcraft.

Its annoying that the previous convo here is derailing this thread to typical order QQ/moaning/whining for more tanks.
Even though this is irrelevant to what OP is talking about because order has been massively dominating forts and has extreme numbers in NA pop.
Your solution? = "oRdEr NeEdS mOrE tAnKs"

How is that going to help this population imbalance? If anything it will make it even worse.

Although order is more popular in NA, I think its because of lord of the rings fandom or some bs like that being more popular over here.

@githappens over here has the right idea to help resolve issue that OP is actually talking about:
githappens wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 4:21 pm First and foremost I'd make xrealm lockout affect only logging on overpopulated faction. Then, if player xrealms on opposite faction and continues to contribute there, contribution is gained on BOTH toons, for as long as new faction isn't overpopulated. Both characters should share contribution and both should get renown/crests/bag roll when zone locks based on shared contribution. Link between characters shouldn't be erased after zone locks, so player feels motivated to continue aiding underdog. This way players could progress their toons on overpopulated side faster while playing underdog side and making population imbalance less drastic outside of prime time.
posting.php?mode=quote&p=541495

Ads
Farrul

Post#89 » Mon Sep 04, 2023 3:51 pm

Orklovesgobboz wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 2:20 pmNah.
aldorf sucks, IC is cool.
Which faction a player likes and the other they dont like is subjective, not objective.
IMO altdorf is ugly af and I view order as lame and campy, they are 100% exactly just like the alliance in worldofwarcraft.

Its annoying that the previous convo here is derailing this thread to typical order QQ/moaning/whining for more tanks.
Even though this is irrelevant to what OP is talking about because order has been massively dominating forts and has extreme numbers in NA pop.
Your solution? = "oRdEr NeEdS mOrE tAnKs"

How is that going to help this population imbalance? If anything it will make it even worse.

Although order is more popular in NA, I think its because of lord of the rings fandom or some bs like that being more popular over here.
The only one whining here is apperantly you.

The point ( ''derailing'' )was brought up by a destro wb leader : the fact that Order is ''reluctant to engange primetime and gets steamrolled ''. Rdps, lack of Order tanks is all related to the point made ( which i agree with). If you are going to accuse someone at least find out how the discussion started.

NA pop imbalance is imho player fatigue and low pop( the game is stagnant and needs fresh campaign updates and class balance patches). EU primetime is relevant of how the faction balance is doing because it actually has a population.

Orklovesgobboz

Post#90 » Mon Sep 04, 2023 4:17 pm

Farrul wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 3:51 pm
The only one whining here is apperantly you.
If you are going to accuse someone at least find out how the discussion started.
Troll comment detected - above.

I wasn't whining nor accusing anyone personally.

The only one trying to harass me and engage in forum pvp here is apparently you.

Farrul wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 3:51 pm The point ( ''derailing'' )was brought up by a destro wb leader : the fact that Order is ''reluctant to engange primetime and gets steamrolled ''. Rdps, lack of Order tanks is all related to the point made ( which i agree with).
"related to the point made ( which i agree with)"
Make a separate thread. It wasnt related to the point OP made hence "derailing".
imho I already knew how that discussion started before I originally posted because I read what s/he said.
Farrul wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 3:51 pm NA pop imbalance is imho player fatigue and low pop( the game is stagnant and needs fresh campaign updates and class balance patches). EU primetime is relevant of how the faction balance is doing because it actually has a population.
I mostly agree, game could use new content and balance improvements.

When you said this: "player fatigue and low pop?"
NA Order have such a massive pop where they steamroll Destro NA mostly every single night and engage in empty PvDoor, prepping and winning many forts?

Look at what @JohnnyWayne said earlier, Order started gaining dominance since around July 2022 (somewhere around july-sept 2022 is where Destro pop was declining/big Destro NA guilds started slowly disbanding), if most Destro last year has had so much "player fatigue" from burnout then most of those Destro players surely would have returned by now.
And they havent.
Why?
I think its because of current gamer culture for both most people's lazy tendency to xrealm to easy Order side (unfortunately) because they have the current majority, compared to working hard as the outnumbered underdog (like on live) and that most medieval fantasy popularity atm is leaning toward LOTR-ish humans/dwarves/high elves for why order as a whole are more popular (unfortunately) in NA.

I know @Acidic disagreed with me earlier, but this is still a player problem unless dev's alter xrealming somehow to fix this issue, otherwise there is nothing else they can do.