Recent Topics

Ads

Chosen SnB off

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
chookette

Chosen SnB off

Post#1 » Thu Aug 17, 2023 6:04 pm

Hello,

I'm taking a liking to playing my choisen in a small group and I wonder if an offensive snb orientation could be a plus. the idea is not to be a turtle and die 5min after my team but to have all the arcenal of the snb while having a maximum of pressure or utilities in return for a loss of survivant.

Currently I am rr 65 I have the full vanq + set 4 genesis (2 jewels + cape), gunbad block jewel and a sentinel jewel. in weapon I have that of the blue salesman with regen and reduction of crit, and the subjugated shield.

in this context:
- what set would be an up before sov def?
- which spec would be the most suitable?

your feedback will be highly appreciated.

Ads
Akalukz

Re: Chosen SnB off

Post#2 » Thu Aug 17, 2023 8:18 pm

I run mine that way, more offensively built even with a S/B but i am RR80 with mutliple sets to switch too. Build what works best for your small group. If you are solo/pugging/scenarios. Get some extra block rings/gear to throw in when you need to be def s/b etc.

But i am mostly meh at playing so keep that in mind :)
-= Agony =-

vladerethro

Post#3 » Thu Aug 17, 2023 8:42 pm

Hey,

Sadly, SnB have less utility than 2h because of Hastened Dismissal tactic (reduced CD on punt). Shield is good in large scale and maybe in small scale, in rare occasion, for Hold the line.

I'll go for something like that as starter
RoR.builders - Chosen
AP + healdebuff aura + resist

You can go Relentless + Oppressing Blows tactics, but very little added dmg, i prefer to take Quake for CC, but don't spam it, use it carefully ^^

I use this in pug, you can adpat to most cases, all auras if needed, good cc, def, good tank job.
With good team, maybe go up to Rending Blade, daemonclaw and corruptive power.

For gear, Bloodlord seems good, but i don't do pve, I'll take off the def piece with block and replace with other, slot defensive talis.

iagdtod

Post#4 » Fri Aug 18, 2023 9:21 am

I agree with others it's difficult to get any kind of offence from snb (I've tried) and you're better of looking for what utility you can offer.

An alternative is to go defensive 2h. Most 2h builds look for offence but if you go 5 off sov/3def sov and adjust your rings and most important your RR (full def rr you can go full parry/disrupt, push up you anti crit and anti-crit damage) then you can still be the last person they kill but have the punt and a little extra damage alongside your utility.
Deleuze Chosen

Rapzel

Post#5 » Fri Aug 18, 2023 10:53 am

Makes no sense to go off SnB tbh.
SnB works great for ORvR both in WB and 6 man, I would even argue that it is the preferred in ORvR.
When it comes to SCs I actually do not see the major issue with a SnB if you have a 6 man, as long as you don't run very specific setups.
Sure it will not be optimal to go SnB if you are planning to run 6vs6 ranked, but you are RR 65 so I doubt you are planning to do that anyway.

chookette

Post#6 » Fri Aug 18, 2023 11:26 am

For my part I have no certainty where my post. I was just thinking that blocking is an additional source to keep my dps whether in wb or 6man. thank you for your feedback, there are different opinions it's interesting

Collision

Post#7 » Fri Aug 18, 2023 1:14 pm

https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... 59,800,503

use the aoe aura dmg, dmg on caster aura and full inva (if still back dmg on block) and see "noobs" die hitting you. work well for solo

It's more for massif battle and siege but if your small scale group run this type of fight you can make a lot of dmg.

But later you'll see a full souv chosen that can cast an aoe speed buff is far better for your teamates