Recent Topics

Ads

The Ability System Rewrite and Provisional Patch Notes

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
lumpi33

Re: The Ability System Rewrite and Provisional Patch Notes

Post#251 » Sun Aug 13, 2023 8:00 pm

nat3s wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 7:41 pm Mara is great, but for 6v6, small man and 1v1 it's significantly weaker than WL.
I do not agree with that. Most maras might be weaker than WLs but there are maras that are on par with WLs.

Here, look through this guys group ranked matches:
https://killboard.returnofreckoning.com ... oup_ranked

Done right they can be very strong in 6:6 as well.

Ads
Atropik

Post#252 » Sun Aug 13, 2023 10:36 pm

lumpi33 wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 8:00 pm
nat3s wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 7:41 pm Mara is great, but for 6v6, small man and 1v1 it's significantly weaker than WL.
I do not agree with that. Most maras might be weaker than WLs but there are maras that are on par with WLs.

Here, look through this guys group ranked matches:
https://killboard.returnofreckoning.com ... oup_ranked

Done right they can be very strong in 6:6 as well.
Most maras should be no weaker but equal to most wls, this is the sole purpose of balancing the game actually xd
Nicelook | Obey

yobogoya

Post#253 » Sun Aug 13, 2023 11:58 pm

If you are going to have a stealth class in the game, let them stealth...the action point drain is garbage to begin with and now you are increasing it...I'd honestly be more willing to take a damage output nerf and be able to stay in stealth indefinitely.

oaliaen

Post#254 » Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:37 am

ravezaar wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 7:11 pm
bw10 wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 5:29 pm
ravezaar wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 5:14 pm >strongest classes untouched

How ? u can read right cause huge nerfs to both ID and Retirbution for WB Slayer, the class Des cries about every single day. Come on be serious in u posts
there are no nerfs to ID in the notes lol. retribution nerf is not a nerf, because the change was mirrowed on choppa
lol
What are you loling at. He Said the truth about your class. White knigting for Slayer is Just silly

fontin

Post#255 » Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:53 am

lumpi33 wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 7:20 pm
bw10 wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 7:08 pm
Tisaya wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 6:13 pm I don't think Maras have the right to complain with their press-a-button-to-become-a-tank mutation, aoe knockdown, wounds debuff, core 25% incoming heal debuff, 50% inc heal debuff that heals you, CORE tactic that makes ALL skills bypass 50% armour, reliable pull and a lot of other stuff which WL can only dream of.

Oh, and how about to give Mara a dumb pet that constantly buggs and dies in a few seconds in any fight bigger than 2 vs 2. And when the pet dies, mara will lose 50%+ of their damage.
damn all these mara advantages, wl faults and bugs, and still wl is top mdps in game, if going by the numbers, while marauder is at the bottom. strange, downright peculiar
Mara is doing fine. Less damage, more tanky, less dying and helping others to get more kills.

https://ibb.co/tBzgg82
by this picture sw is absolutely fine too, 2m more dmg, 18k more kills with 5k more deaths, they are doing much better than mara, so stop whining.

Avernus

Post#256 » Mon Aug 14, 2023 2:19 am

fontin wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:53 am
lumpi33 wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 7:20 pm
bw10 wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 7:08 pm

damn all these mara advantages, wl faults and bugs, and still wl is top mdps in game, if going by the numbers, while marauder is at the bottom. strange, downright peculiar
Mara is doing fine. Less damage, more tanky, less dying and helping others to get more kills.

by this picture sw is absolutely fine too, 2m more dmg, 18k more kills with 5k more deaths, they are doing much better than mara, so stop whining.
And WH and WE are in a bad spot since their kdr is worse than mara's? Right? Oh poor WE and WH...
Last edited by Avernus on Mon Aug 14, 2023 4:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Avernus

Re: The Ability System Rewrite & Provisional Patch Notes

Post#257 » Mon Aug 14, 2023 3:18 am

nat3s wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 7:09 pm
Avernus wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 11:54 am
nat3s wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 11:48 am This is a significant buff you numpties lol! Always bugged me that TB didn't benefit from Piercing Bite. Well played devs for this one, I missed it, good stuff.
Oh, so, at least some people DO understand what this TB change is supposed to do...

P.S. Read the whole discussion before posting your reply pls.

Read the full discussion? Wait what did I miss? That was my first post on the topic
You missed this
Avernus wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 10:02 am
Dajciekrwi wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 9:32 am "Thunderous Blow - Requires Savagery or Brutality stance" - can someone who play as a marauder explain meaning of this change?
What is the intention of such proposition?
It buffs your damage with this skill while using 1/2 hand if you are using Piercing Bite tactic (and you are probably do use this) while nerfing 3 hand ST damage potential (not a big loss anyway).

Avernus

Post#258 » Mon Aug 14, 2023 3:26 am

nat3s wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 7:41 pm Psst, that 50% AP tactic is what we're talking about, it's been nerfed to 25%. From a WB perspective, Mara is great, but for 6v6, small man and 1v1 it's significantly weaker than WL. For instance WL pull is so much better, no cast time so it doesn't interrupt dps rotation half as much as for a Mara + WL has Pounce to close distance.

On reflection I think the Piercing Bite change is actually an ok change, WL 50% AP tactic was also nerfed to 25% and allowing AP buffs to stack with WS is a change being made across the board which seems reasonable.
It's actually a buff too, since old Piercing Bite didn't stack with your ws. With this new tactic you can reach 75%+ AP without any troubles.

Ads
lumpi33

Post#259 » Mon Aug 14, 2023 5:07 am

fontin wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:53 am
lumpi33 wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 7:20 pm Mara is doing fine. Less damage, more tanky, less dying and helping others to get more kills.
You are reading that wrong. There are 20% more SW players. You shouldn't compare RDPS to MDPS either. But while we are at it, look at choppa vs slayer ;)

TWODOGS99

Post#260 » Mon Aug 14, 2023 6:20 am

BO's with no help still? Well maybe in the next "balance patch" in 2.5 years. At his rate at least my children will be able to enjoy playing a viable BO. SadWaagh.