Recent Topics

Ads

The Ability System Rewrite and Provisional Patch Notes

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Garamore

Re: The Ability System Rewrite and Provisional Patch Notes

Post#211 » Fri Aug 11, 2023 10:20 pm

Lets just keep requesting more nerfs to other characters. Nothing done to bw lets stop it from using abilities.
Garamore - Chosen Garamar - Marauder Garachop - Choppa Garamor - Slayer

Warband leader for Hand of Blood

https://www.twitch.tv/therealgaramore

Ads
Secrets
Former Staff

Re: The Ability System Rewrite & Provisional Patch Notes

Post#212 » Fri Aug 11, 2023 11:16 pm

Mepharees wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 2:58 pm Yeeeahhh, if anything, the state should be reverted to 1.4.8, then make changes from there as you see fit.

This hybrid system is bound to cause disdain from people.

Also no book WP changes wtf :(
I guess Shield WP/DOK would have to go for that. I imagine that's why they are noncommittal.

Zxul

Post#213 » Fri Aug 11, 2023 11:50 pm

Secrets wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 11:16 pm
Mepharees wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 2:58 pm Yeeeahhh, if anything, the state should be reverted to 1.4.8, then make changes from there as you see fit.

This hybrid system is bound to cause disdain from people.

Also no book WP changes wtf :(
I guess Shield WP/DOK would have to go for that. I imagine that's why they are noncommittal.
Would very much support shield going away, or at least weapon requirements removed from dok/wp trees.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

kazuya482

Post#214 » Sat Aug 12, 2023 6:37 am

Really liking most of those changes. WE/WH nerfs were sorely needed. Feeling motivated to come back when this all goes live.

Bobbiom

Post#215 » Sat Aug 12, 2023 11:53 am

ReturnOfReckoning wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 6:44 pm - Run Away! - The speed increase will now break after using an ability. The pet Area of Effect taunt will no longer reduce opponent damage by 50%, but does an Area of Effect interrupt with hate increase. Previously this ability was a hidden Distracting Bellow Morale 3. This ability is now 5pt in Quick Shootin’.
Previously this ability was a hidden distracting bellow morale 3.
So the SH wouldn't even break the detaunt doing damage.
I think reverting everything to 1.4.8 would probably be for the best to get rid of those 'hidden' surprises.

Good work RoR team and thanks for your dedication!

Whyumadbro

Post#216 » Sat Aug 12, 2023 3:30 pm

So these changes are just a temporary state and not the balanced version? Why u mad?

BluIzLucky

Post#217 » Sat Aug 12, 2023 4:37 pm

Whyumadbro wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 3:30 pm So these changes are just a temporary state and not the balanced version? Why u mad?
Probably because it's hard to tell whether these balance changes are made because of technical reasons and so are temporary
(e.g. maybe AM's Khaine's Touch was removed temporarily until it can be remade on new system or see SM's Redirected Force where this is state explicitly)

.. or because the change is an intended balance to the class and is less likely to get changed later
(e.g. Khaine's Touch was removed because they want to nerf ST burst so no healer classes are viable DPS in 6v6 and EoV was nerfed because BIS AMs are overperforming in some formats with ideal party settings)

So if your main just got hit hard, and it looks intentional, you could get upset.
Personally more in the wait and see category, but then again, I got a fair amount of alts and SM is looking good :lol:
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70

oaliaen

Post#218 » Sat Aug 12, 2023 5:38 pm

Temporary for ror its like 6months/ 1 year. Do you want tô play your weak class for that long?

Ads
Skullgrin

Post#219 » Sat Aug 12, 2023 6:32 pm

Secrets wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 11:16 pm I guess Shield WP/DOK would have to go for that. I imagine that's why they are noncommittal.

Hell, they'd have to bring back Crippling Strikes. Imagine the Order tears over that. :lol:
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88
Thargrimmm - Ironbreaker 40/80

shoelessHN

Post#220 » Sat Aug 12, 2023 8:40 pm

Fury of Da Green and Energy of Vaul nerf is completely unnecessary.